Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Global Warming/Cooling [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming/Cooling

02mingryGT
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
For those interested read this in it's entirety:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/02/a_tale_of_two_thermometers/

Waffles
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Also, back in 2001 or so, they determined that the methods used to collect the temperature data over water was inaccurately HIGH. Using those figures they predicted an increase of 1.8C per century. Once the unscientific methods of taking water temperatures over the ocean were corrected (they were having fishing boats pull up a bucket of water and put a thermometer in it) they found that projections fell by .5C per century. What they should have been doing, and what they do now, is measure the air temperature just above the surface of the water using scientific buoys.

This can all be explained by what's known as the Federal Science Paradigm. "Tax $ = Grants = Positive Feedback Loop to Get more Grants." In 2002, the US was already spending $1.7B per year on Global Warming research. Since then, there is an entire industry based on the Global Warming scare.

Black Horse
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Just remeber....there has been global warming since the ice age.....we just help speed things up.

mustangjon
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
yup all the ice ages were due to global warming.. its a constant cycle.. we might be accelarting it.. but its inevitable... not to mention if these goverments are so worried about it.. stop punching damn wholes in the atmosphere with rockets for shuttle/satelites ect.

DeckerEnt
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
yup all the ice ages were due to global warming.. its a constant cycle.. we might be accelarting it.. but its inevitable... not to mention if these goverments are so worried about it.. stop punching damn wholes in the atmosphere with rockets for shuttle/satelites ect.

F That!!!! I like the cool pics from google earth.
Oh, did anyone see wall-e yet? Great kids movie. There is a scene where a space ship exits earth and has to punch through like millions of satalites. Too funny.
Keith

Waffles
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Just remeber....there has been global warming since the ice age.....we just help speed things up.

Might be helping speed things up. Atmospheric CO2 has never in the past caused warming. The simple question to all of the global warming alarmists is this: What is the correct GMT? The earth has been much warmer, and much colder than it is now. Why do they think that this is the correct temperature? Simple arrogance. Earth's GMT has never been constant.

07thorobrd
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
well you have to realize that society as a whole is very ignorant and they will more than likley beleive anything that sounds like it could be true. however these are the same people that dont take the time to maybe do some research for themselves to draw their own conclusions about something such as global warming. if they took the time to look they would realize that throughout its existance the earth has gone through warming and cooling phases. it just so happens that the earth has been in a warming phase, but i think i read somewhere that it is actually starting to cool back down now. anyway thats my .02 worth

Black Horse
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Might be helping speed things up. Atmospheric CO2 has never in the past caused warming. The simple question to all of the global warming alarmists is this: What is the correct GMT? The earth has been much warmer, and much colder than it is now. Why do they think that this is the correct temperature? Simple arrogance. Earth's GMT has never been constant.

The only thing consistent is change!

Waffles
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
And, who says warming is bad? And for who? For humans, I'd say warming was good... during the ice age. Right? I mean, if not for good old warming trends, we'd still be in the middle of an ice age.

02mingryGT
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
And, who says warming is bad? And for who? For humans, I'd say warming was good... during the ice age. Right? I mean, if not for good old warming trends, we'd still be in the middle of an ice age.

I agree. Warming would be much better. Anyone ever try to grow corn in a foot of snow? I think the article was interesting in not that Nasa's numbers were incorrect in not only the way the measurements were taken but by deliberate manipulation. Deliberate. Think about that for a moment. An agency of the United States govt is deliberately manipulating data that can used to in effect scam billions of dollars. I also believe in the end the Nobel Peace prize people may want their trophy back.