Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Tis a sad day in America....... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tis a sad day in America.......

Mista Bone
07-14-2008, 03:18 AM
"this Buds for you" is no more.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080713/anheuser_inbev.html?.v=1

Mustard
07-14-2008, 08:05 AM
I know IM dreaming but I would be nice to see beer get a little cheaper. The price on a 6 pack has gone up a bit around here over the past month or so

DeckerEnt
07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
OK. So if Budweiser is now owned by a belgium company, is it now an import beer? This sucks. What's next? Harley Davidson? Where has pride of country gone? Is it just about the almighty dollar?
Keith

Evil_Capri
07-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Looks like Micro Brews if one wants to drink from an American owned Brewery.

99Slobra
07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Sam adams? There is another company too.

89notch
07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Its not an Import its just not american owned but is made her

Maximus
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
OK. So if Budweiser is now owned by a belgium company, is it now an import beer? This sucks. What's next? Harley Davidson? Where has pride of country gone? Is it just about the almighty dollar?
Keith

Thats funny you would mention HD. Their last engine, Revolution, was co-designed in Germany. As far as whats American and whats Import...A Chevy is made in Mexico, and Toyota is made in Kentucky. Which one is American?:(

Economy is heading for the shitter.:mad:

Waffles
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
First oil, now beer....

Mista Bone
07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
HD bought Italian............

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/officially-official-harley-davidson-purchases-mv-agusta-cagiva/

cstreu1026
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
InBev was going to get AB one way or another. After AB rejected their first offer it looked as if they were going to start a hostile take over.

Doesn't make a difference to me since its still shitty beer.

Mista Bone
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
the memo

July 13, 2008

To: All Anheuser-Busch Wholesalers

Our business is made up of people who are very proud of what we’ve built together over 150 years, and the name “Anheuser‑Busch” stands for something important to all of us. Now, we have a groundbreaking agreement that honors that hard work and tradition as it takes us in new directions.

Anheuser-Busch has agreed to combine with InBev to become a new, strong and global company – Anheuser-Busch InBev. The directors thoroughly examined all possible alternatives and ultimately accepted this agreement, which provides additional and certain $70 per share immediate cash to investors. The agreement also combines two companies with a good strategic and geographic fit to form a business able to provide employees, wholesalers and other stakeholders with excellent opportunities for future growth. We have just issued a press release moments ago announcing this, see copy below.

I have a great sense of energy and excitement for the bright prospects of this new company. This will be a truly global brewer with a substantial business base in countries around the world. The global branding this new business can provide for Budweiser will strengthen the business and the brand in all locations.

Our business is based on great brands and great people, and that will not change with this new company. It will be up to us to maintain the loyalty of the consumers, retailers, wholesalers and suppliers we have worked to please over the years. We have attained great momentum with our brands. I know you are a team of professionals who will never let up against competition and will continue to deliver strong sales for the new company, just as you had for Anheuser-Busch.

The new business is best equipped to compete in a global industry. In considering this agreement, the board determined that $70 per share offered our shareholders full and fair value. But I’m pleased we also found a combination that could best protect the Anheuser-Busch business and the many people it touches – our employees, our wholesalers, our communities. To ensure a seamless transition and to reflect our ongoing partnership, InBev has agreed that, the Board of Directors of the combined company will be comprised of the existing directors of the InBev Board, myself, and one other current or former director from the Anheuser-Busch Board.

Let me emphasize that this is a friendly business agreement. I have come to know Carlos Brito over the past several years through our business agreement in the United States and in our previous exploration of joint business opportunities. He is a strong leader with high aspirations for how far we can take our business together. I respect him and he has my firm backing on these plans and in the operation of the future company.

Anheuser-Busch helped build a healthy three-tier wholesaler system in the United States by appointing independent business people, ushering in perpetual ownership, exclusive territories and quality standards that successfully drove long-term growth and value for all parties. The new Anheuser-Busch InBev shares those same core beliefs that wholesaler profitability and growth are critical to the new company’s success.

I know you will have many questions, and the team will be working to answer them for you as soon as possible. I am convinced that InBev will live up to the public commitments they have made about the future operation of the new company.

This has been an emotional decision for me. But I believe in this new company and see a better future to carry forward the traditions of Anheuser-Busch.

August A. Busch IV

PonymanfiveO
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Doesn't make a difference to me since its still shitty beer.

agreed. :bigthumb

NaomiDstangLvr
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I hate beer, the shits nasty, so I could care less. :lol:

BigBadStang
07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
...Where has pride of country gone? Is it just about the almighty dollar?
Keith

The fact is, that the Busch family only owns about 4% of the company stock. The majority of the stock holders are the Hedge Fund (Berkshire/Hathaway) guys, and Warren Buffet, and they will sell their own mothers if they could turn any sort of profit. The Busch family could fight this takeover, but it would be futile. Everyone gets frustrated over "selling America", but the reality is that more often than not, it is the investment brokers/hedge fund guys that are making astronomical profits for themselves, and modest earnings for their clients 401k's and other investments. These people gobble up the stocks of publicly traded companies, and then sell them to the highest bidders of the world.
Going "public" on the NYSE or other market has the potential to bring in a huge influx of funds and resources that large corporations need to stay competitive in a global market, but it also leaves a company vulnerable to be taken over hostilly if the primary owner does not maintain a majority ownership of the company stock. For what it's worth, InBev (the European corporation taking over Anheuser-Busch) is also a publicly traded entity.

Very ironic thing happened at InBev...a few years ago they traded their stock to take over a Brazilian company in order to capture world market share. The Brazilian economy suddenly took off and made their shares worth a lot more. Now the Brazilians are taking over at InBev and pushing the Europeans out of the board of directors.
InBev, a European company is being taken over by Brazilians.

beefcake
07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
i'll stick with mountain stream beer

djom1cincy
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
i'll stick with mountain stream beer

Mountaig Goat piss

beefcake
07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Mountaig Goat piss

lol :)

RACEME
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm pretty good at making wine. Maybe it is time to give beer a try!

BigBadStang
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Some time back, in 2002 if I remember correctly, SAB (South African Breweries) bought Miller Brewing from Philip Morris for 5.6 billion to become SABMiller.
And in early June, SABMiller and Molson Coors Brewing Company announced that they have received approval from the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice to proceed with the combination of their U.S. and Puerto Rico operations to form a new company called MillerCoors.

So, it looks like there are now just 2 major players in the mass marketed beers. This will surely drive up the cost of a cold one.

Mista Bone
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Beast Ice is stil $3.49 for 6x16.......a Miller product made in Trenton.

7upStang
07-15-2008, 08:53 PM
I miss some of the old beers before consolidation of the beer industry. Little Kings and Sir Edward Stout were both made here in town before Boston Brewing Company bought them out. In college we used fill the back of my pick up truck with 6 half barrels and 400 pounds of ice for end of quarter parties at the keg dock at Scheonling.

92coupe
07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I just switched from Bud Light to Landshark, That stuff Rocks!

FMGT1999
07-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty good at making wine.

I'll second that... :bigthumb :bigthumb

Kyle