Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Beefcake, who's donating the ford for Extreme Makeover Home [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beefcake, who's donating the ford for Extreme Makeover Home

5.0calypso93lx
07-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Don't know if you heard or not, but they're doing the Extreme Home Makeover in Cincinnati right now. And it happens to be two streets away from me in my neighborhood. I remembered that the families usually get a Ford donated to them and was wondering which local dealership was providing the car? That would be some cool advertising!

IWRBB
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I drove past the house this morning on the way to work. They were out there.

Black Horse
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm scheduled to help on the site, I can't wait!

93 coupe
07-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I drove past the house this morning on the way to work. They were out there.

When I drove by this morning the road was blocked off. How did you get by?

5.0calypso93lx
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
When I drove by this morning the road was blocked off. How did you get by?

It is blocked off. I'm assuming he means he was driving down Cox road.

IWRBB
07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I came in from the neighborhood side, it was open from that way.

95redstang
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
We donated the limo..They contacted us on Tuesday. I got to drive for them..Pretty cool..There was security everywhere..I am driving for them next week also..

WhiteT
07-10-2008, 07:40 PM
That show is such a fraud.
I participated in the one in Kentucky a few years ago.
That show donates pretty much nothing. They rely on local business to supply, build, and warranty everything. Best of all, the stars of the show only go into the house for a total of 5 minutes the whole week! I guess it's a networks dream! Low overhead costs and lots of sponsorship money:lol: Funny thing is that all local company names are not allowed on the premises. Everything that has a company name has to be taped up. Funny how all the companies that actually supply the labor and supplies get no recognition. But I guess our good dead gets someone else paid. /rant off

NaomiDstangLvr
07-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah Target (my work) is volunteering there also!

93 coupe
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
That show donates pretty much nothing. They rely on local business to supply, build, and warranty everything. Best of all, the stars of the show only go into the house for a total of 5 minutes the whole week! I guess it's a networks dream! Low overhead costs and lots of sponsorship money:lol: Funny thing is that all local company names are not allowed on the premises. Everything that has a company name has to be taped up. Funny how all the companies that actually supply the labor and supplies get no recognition. But I guess our good dead gets someone else paid. /rant off

I think that is a bad way to look at this gift that these people are getting. I know the company's are donating most of the items but they do get some recognition. When you watch the show they always say thanks to Sears or thanks to Home Depot as there running through the store getting all the goodies. And at the end the Home builder is always thanked by the show and the family. This probably wouldn't be possible without
Home Extreme makeover, so to say they don't donate or do anything is pretty crappy in my book. :confused:

cstreu1026
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Look at it this way. Sometimes its not about trading advertising for goods but rather doing something good for someone in the community.

95redstang
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM

They blacked out all our shit on the excursion limo. We thought we would be able to get our name and advertisement on national tv, nope...They put black tape over all the pink Savannah Nite decals..All we get is some bull credit at the end of the show. You know how fast that shit moves at the end of a show or movie.
It's true the show doesn't flip any money for the house. Like it was said they have the builder who volunteered (Dallis Homes) recruit all the companies to donate materials and manpower for the show. The stars stayed in their bus probably 95% of the 6 hours I was there. They got out to shoot their parts and then right back to the bus they went..I learned quite a bit about that show in just the little time I was there..

ponymom05
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I thought West Chester was a newer area of nicer homes already? Shows how much I don't know.

WhiteT
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM
They blacked out all our shit on the excursion limo. We thought we would be able to get our name and advertisement on national tv, nope...They put black tape over all the pink Savannah Nite decals..All we get is some bull credit at the end of the show. You know how fast that shit moves at the end of a show or movie.
It's true the show doesn't flip any money for the house. Like it was said they have the builder who volunteered (Dallis Homes) recruit all the companies to donate materials and manpower for the show. The stars stayed in their bus probably 95% of the 6 hours I was there. They got out to shoot their parts and then right back to the bus they went..I learned quite a bit about that show in just the little time I was there..

HAHAHA, I also found out that Ty is bald in the back. You never see that on TV:lol:

WhiteT
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I think that is a bad way to look at this gift that these people are getting. I know the company's are donating most of the items but they do get some recognition. When you watch the show they always say thanks to Sears or thanks to Home Depot as there running through the store getting all the goodies. And at the end the Home builder is always thanked by the show and the family. This probably wouldn't be possible without
Home Extreme makeover, so to say they don't donate or do anything is pretty crappy in my book. :confused:

I'm just saying the tv network is making millions off this "gift". Also, I don't remember Home Depot or Sears donating anything...it was all the subcontractors donating time and material. But I guess Home Depot and Sears pays big bucks to have their name on the credits.

I'll admit, it did feel good helping someone out, but the fact that someone was making millions off of my good dead was a little disturbing.

WhiteT
07-10-2008, 11:41 PM

It was raining like a mofo when we did the house in KY. I was there twice, the first day for 13 hours and 10 hours the second day. I saw Ty twice and one of the female stars once for a total of 5 minutes. If you watch the show, it looks like they are working the whole time.

PonymanfiveO
07-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I think they do a great thing by helping family's in need, but I cant stand to watch that show because of how they "drama it up".

It almost seems as if they try to get the people to cry a little bit then say "action!" :lol:

Ty is a douche bag anyways. I herd he got popped with drugs a few months ago, but never did hear any more about it.:confused:

95redstang
07-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I think they do a great thing by helping family's in need, but I cant stand to watch that show because of how they "drama it up".

It almost seems as if they try to get the people to cry a little bit then say "action!" :lol:

Ty is a douche bag anyways. I herd he got popped with drugs a few months ago, but never did hear any more about it.:confused:

It is a good thing for the families. I drove the family to the Hilton over in Florence. They were really nice and thankful..They are going to San Fran till next week..
Ty got popped for a dui...

5.0calypso93lx
07-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I thought West Chester was a newer area of nicer homes already? Shows how much I don't know.

It actually is a nicer home, I'm quite surprised they got picked, but they received over 25% more votes, than the other 4 homes. The reason they are doing it is because the two girls in wheel chairs have to be carried throughout the home because none of the door ways are wide enough for their electric wheel chairs. They are putting in elevators, and I'm still not sure if they are going to knock the house down or not. I actually like the home, but who knows. If I had to guess, the house is probably upper 100's, low 200's in value. There house is in one of the older parts of the neighborhood.

93 coupe
07-11-2008, 06:02 AM
From what I understand it's getting leveled at 1:15 today and there building a big ranch instead of the two story.

ponymom05
07-11-2008, 06:08 AM
It actually is a nicer home, I'm quite surprised they got picked, but they received over 25% more votes, than the other 4 homes. The reason they are doing it is because the two girls in wheel chairs have to be carried throughout the home because none of the door ways are wide enough for their electric wheel chairs. They are putting in elevators, and I'm still not sure if they are going to knock the house down or not. I actually like the home, but who knows. If I had to guess, the house is probably upper 100's, low 200's in value. There house is in one of the older parts of the neighborhood.

Thanks for the info.

BigBadStang
07-11-2008, 07:00 AM
You guys are right, it is a GREAT thing they do for the families, but they do play off the "drama" of it all. My cousin helped on the wiring of a Extreme Home Makeover home in the Columbus area last year or so, and he said the exact same thing as some of you are saying.
One thing's for sure, if I was there working on that house, and that fucktard Ty came by screaming in my ear with that damn bullhorn, it would get promptly stuffed up his ass! :lol:

Hey Shawn, what's up with the "Pepto Pink" and black excursion? I took wifey to work the other day, and saw it. Is that the Bachelorette Party edition? :lol:

95redstang
07-11-2008, 08:42 AM
You guys are right, it is a GREAT thing they do for the families, but they do play off the "drama" of it all. My cousin helped on the wiring of a Extreme Home Makeover home in the Columbus area last year or so, and he said the exact same thing as some of you are saying.
One thing's for sure, if I was there working on that house, and that fucktard Ty came by screaming in my ear with that damn bullhorn, it would get promptly stuffed up his ass! :lol:

Hey Shawn, what's up with the "Pepto Pink" and black excursion? I took wifey to work the other day, and saw it. Is that the Bachelorette Party edition? :lol:

Yeah that thing gets a ton of attention. Some like it some don't..I have only driven it maybe twice. I think that it should have been a different shade of Pink. They are talking about painting one of our chrysler 300's pink..:screwy:
Some of the stuff they do makes me wonder if I'm woking for Coca-Cola again..

92BlackStang
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
anyone know the address to the place they're remodeling

93 coupe
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Go to cincinnati.com and it's on the front page.

IWRBB
07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeeesh. Some of you guys seem bitter about the "getting the name on TV thing". Again, most companies and people are there to help someone out. That is one of our company's goals- to give back to the community. We are donating time, labor and equipment to it- and don't care if our name is on TV or not.

WhiteT
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeeesh. Some of you guys seem bitter about the "getting the name on TV thing". Again, most companies and people are there to help someone out. That is one of our company's goals- to give back to the community. We are donating time, labor and equipment to it- and don't care if our name is on TV or not.

I could have cared less if my company's name was on tv.

92BlackStang
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
this is for a family not for company names to be on tv

DeckerEnt
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
So did they level the place or is it a gut and rebuild?
Keith

5.0calypso93lx
07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
So did they level the place or is it a gut and rebuild?
Keith

It's been leveled. They're pouring the new foundation tonight.

95turbocharged
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I am going to be up there on the 15th according to the email.

95redstang
07-12-2008, 06:26 AM

I really could care less about getting the name on tv. We donate all the time to inner city schools, big brother, and a ton of other charities and causes. I don't care to much for how ABC is misleading their viewers..

beefcake
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
i believe ford actually supplies the cars kinda like on american idol

SMOKE
07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Castrucci is actually supplying the vehicle, but they won't "donate" the van. They are giving the family an E-250 van but trying to get local businesses to donate the money so they can "buy" the van from Castrucci. That dealership doesn't do anything unless it benefits them and they make money, so it won't be a donation.

On another note, my uncles painting company is doing the painting on the house, kinda cool! :)

Holly
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM

I agree! It is full of drama. Vinny and I used to watch it every Sunday, but then he said he got sick of watching people cry every episode, he said it was like watching a soap opera. :lol: It is a good thing they do for people though, but it's all for ratings!

I

I did not hear that, but it would not surprise me. He always looks like he is cracked out on something.