Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Montgomery Ford Closed Today [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery Ford Closed Today

beefcake
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Our Montgomery Store was the latest store bought out by Ford.

One less inside the loop.

We'll probably be taking on a lot of the employees and I hear there may be something in the works.

On a positive note, We tied Ricart for #1 in the region last month.

Not bad considering they have almost 700 new cars on their lot compared to our 350 (which is still alot compared to most).

MADMOD
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Ricart is one friggin' HUGE place. I do believe that they may be the largest dealer in the country

cstreu1026
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Isn't Ricart one of the biggest in the country?

plattner01
07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
where is ricart located??

streetracinchik
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
where is ricart located??

Columbus

Buckeye
07-02-2008, 07:49 PM
What is the deal with ford buying out? I have not heard of that

Sparky
07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
They Just bought out Springfield Ford up here. I think New Carlisle Ford (another local)is about to get canned too.

cstreu1026
07-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I guess its better to be bought out by Ford then to have to close your doors because of a lack of business.

Gene
07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
It's a smart decision on Ford's behalf. Quite simply, there are too many Ford dealers. Ford has been steadily losing market share over the last decade, down from a high of 25% in the early 90s to barely 15% today.

This is actually a good thing for the remaining dealers as well...they're going to be getting a bigger slice of the customers and vehicle allotments...which will be good considering that Ford dealers can't get enough Focuses right now and will hopefully have a home run when the Fiesta comes online next year.

Hell, if Ford would just drop the entire Ford Europe lineup (which is doing extremely well) here in the States, maybe they'll actually see some customers in their showrooms.

beefcake
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
It's a smart decision on Ford's behalf. Quite simply, there are too many Ford dealers. Ford has been steadily losing market share over the last decade, down from a high of 25% in the early 90s to barely 15% today.

This is actually a good thing for the remaining dealers as well...they're going to be getting a bigger slice of the customers and vehicle allotments...which will be good considering that Ford dealers can't get enough Focuses right now and will hopefully have a home run when the Fiesta comes online next year.

Hell, if Ford would just drop the entire Ford Europe lineup (which is doing extremely well) here in the States, maybe they'll actually see some customers in their showrooms.

you've actually got less transportation costs and other things involved

bobtsgt
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
oh wow. this kinda sucks but seems to work out better for our buddies at Beechmont.

cobra_SVT_Girl
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Gene;389081]It's a smart decision on Ford's behalf. Quite simply, there are too many Ford dealers. Ford has been steadily losing market share over the last decade, down from a high of 25% in the early 90s to barely 15% today.QUOTE]

So how does fewer dealerships help in losing market share? So people are going to have to drive farther to buy a ford, which in a lot of cases will cause people not to even make the effort. I do agree that closing dealerships might save them money overall but so does giving all the the Exec's huge pay cuts. There is many ways to cut cost but I do not think closing dealerships is the right move.. now! If they truly think that they are going to turn this around (if they don't, they should all be fired now) this says just the opposite. Ford needs to focus on building the right vehicles, with only the plants open that build those cars and the dealerships selling their azz'z off.

Benny

mustangboy
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Being an ex Ford car salesman I would have to agree that it is a good move to close some dealerships. For some reason Cincy is/was flooded with Ford and GM dealerships. I don't remember the actual # but it was something north of 20 dealers in the greater Cincy area and I think GM had even more than that. There were just way too many dealerships. How many Toyota and Honda dealers are there in Cincy, I know there is a whole lot less than Ford and GM.

Mista Bone
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Comes down to brand loyalty. Those that want a Ford will drive a few more miles.

I forsee Tragessor (sp) Ford in Ross Closing. Colerain Ford, Cronin in Harrison, then Fairfield Ford would take up all the slack. The only people that would really be effect would be those West of Hamilton, like Oxford. They would then likely goto Brookville or Eaton for their closest dealership.

DeckerEnt
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Like Terry said, less dealers means less transport costs. And we all know with the price of fuel, transporting anything costs more. Plus Ford could sell/lease the property from closed dealerships for a little extra income.
Keith

beefcake
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Being an ex Ford car salesman I would have to agree that it is a good move to close some dealerships. For some reason Cincy is/was flooded with Ford and GM dealerships. I don't remember the actual # but it was something north of 20 dealers in the greater Cincy area and I think GM had even more than that. There were just way too many dealerships. How many Toyota and Honda dealers are there in Cincy, I know there is a whole lot less than Ford and GM.

exactly, like i said, cincinnati i am told has more ford dealerships per person than any other city in the country, city's that match our size usually have more like 5 to 10 at the most

to give you an idea, there are 4300 dealerships in the entire u.s.

divided by 48 states, we'll leave out hawaii and alaska, that is 90 dealerships per state, so, for our state average we have 25.5% of the dealerships within about a 40 minute drive from any given area

way too many,

like was said, how many toyota dealerships are there 4 or 5?

beefcake
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
ford more than likely has nothing to do with the land, it's usually owned by the dealer, or leased to the dealer by a company

SMOKE
07-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I think New Carlisle Ford (another local)is about to get canned too.

As of right now, New Carlisle Ford is not going anywhere. They are owned by a minority (Roosevelt Robinson III) and he is too stubborn to let the store get bought out by Ford. They offered him buy-out options on both stores and he passed. He also owns Middletown Ford (where I work as the finance manager) ;)

I'd say the next store to be closed up in the Dayton area may just shock everybody! I think one of the BIG hitters in Dayton will close within the next 12 months.

cstreu1026
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Well I would guess its not Hidy since they are getting ready to break ground a new location. Maybe Interstate Ford?

Sparky
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
As of right now, New Carlisle Ford is not going anywhere. They are owned by a minority (Roosevelt Robinson III) and he is too stubborn to let the store get bought out by Ford. They offered him buy-out options on both stores and he passed. He also owns Middletown Ford (where I work as the finance manager) ;)

Ahh yes....Rooooooosevelt. That name has douchebag written all over it. I co worker of mine came from the body shop after he took over. I guess he's a real snob. He had his flunkies address all the employees with his demands,one of them being that he is always addressed as "Mr.Robinson" and a whole bunch of bullshit rules. If anyone had a problem with it, they were shown the door. There was no, "hey how ya doin', I'm your new boss. I look forward to making money with you....oh, and thanks for sticking around."

I'd say the next store to be closed up in the Dayton area may just shock everybody! I think one of the BIG hitters in Dayton will close within the next 12 months.

Well c'mon now you can't leave me hanging. I'm having a hard time guessing who you would consider a big hitter without saying what brand they sell. I used to work at Smedleys and I know they're trying to sell out. Word is if he can clear a million he'll do it. Not sure if they're a big hitter or not, but I would consider his neighbor Beau one. Is Planet Ford still around? I'm out of the loop these days. The only other one I can think of as far as size is Voss. As long as its not Frank Z my buddy Mike needs a job. Even though its a shithole parking garage converted to a dungeon/car dealer. My words,not his:cool1:

Timido
07-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I am glad I made the move from Ford Dealer to Public Transit.