Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
go figure [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : go figure

rally
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189

sorry you have to type this in but it is important( i think)
stupid union. now i know why there is no work in this country.

80 hate
06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I worked for Ford for 4 years. I hate to say but your right.

cobrajoe
06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189
stupid union. now i know why there is no work in this country.

Whoa there buddy! Unions are NOT the entire problem! The CEO's and there outrageous bonuses and salaries has nothing to do with it right? That's why I have not received a raise or contract in over 850 days, while the cost of everything else for me goes up! I know I know they really need a 1 million + bonus they have to fill up their fleet of SUV's. :rolleyes:

djom1cincy
06-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm in in local 392 pipefitters union. The union is not the problem. I made 65k last year being part of the union. I work damn hard for that money as a pipefitter/welder. If not for the union some fat ass owner would be getting rich setting on his couch paying someone 10 to 15$ a hour, making them working 60 hours a week with no overtime. I find it funny that someone making half the pay as me don't like the unions for no real reason. I mean why would you want to get paid almost 30 a hour for a special skill? I know i hate it.

rally
06-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree that the union is not the total problem, but they do contribute to it when as like in our place of business the front office dictates what the union can and cannot do. Also the union watches out for the "core" group and sticks it to us "newbies" whereeverybody makes the same wage no matter what your background might be. You know the good ole boy system.
same for the front office they have there brand of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

'92Stang
06-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Also the union watches out for the "core" group and sticks it to us "newbies" whereeverybody makes the same wage no matter what your background might be. You know the good ole boy system.
same for the front office they have there brand of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Most unions are based on seniority (that's where the term paying your dues comes from..lol) example a. My fiance lynn works for a local landscaping company. She mostly installs irrigation and overhead sprinkler systems for fire prevention. Now remember "she's a landscaper ????" meanwhile the fat cat who owns the company is making over 2.5 million p/yr and living in a 500,000 dollar home (the company's income is on clermont countys bb bereu site) . Out of his 12 employees only 3 are actual landscapers daily, the rest are doing pipefitters work getting paid way below union wages. While i.m sure he's charging his customers a few dollars below prevailing wage. Unions have there purpose, just a few people abusing their privileges gives it a bad rap every now and then.

80 hate
06-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I cant speak for your unions, only my old one.(UAW 863).. I got tired of working my ass off so I could have a future for me and my family, only to see my union fight to keep a drunk or drug dealer at work. We were lied to and thrown away when times got rough. Im a little bitter about it, sorry

cobrajoe
06-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I cant speak for your unions, only my old one.(UAW 863).. I got tired of working my ass off so I could have a future for me and my family, only to see my union fight to keep a drunk or drug dealer at work. We were lied to and thrown away when times got rough. Im a little bitter about it, sorry

Don't bad mouth the unions cause the system there was f'd. That drug dealer/drunk would have been brought up on charges so fast and swimming in fines he would have quit. I hate to say it but alot of the New and/or young apprentices think they have the same pull as me. :flipoff: put in your time babe! No one rides for free.

rally
06-28-2008, 11:21 PM
once the war is over my job is dead anyway so there won't be time for any "dues pay'n"

PonymanfiveO
06-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I can only speak from my experience with the union, but I think they can be a good thing sometimes.

I worked for Coca-Cola for seven years like a damn dog and was not appreciated at all in my union position. Now I have a non Union job where my boss thanks me for my work on a daily basis. Working your tail off is a lot less frustrating when you know your appreciated.

80 hate
06-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I cant speak for your unions. I can only speak for my old one. I was a thrid gen auto worker(Grand dad, dad, me) I thought when I got there I was going to be part of something great. I was wrong. Back in the day the union stood for something. Safe jobs and a fair days pay for a fair days work. It was a family and everybody had your back. That was not the case for me or the other men and women i worked with.
If you did your job and showed up on time to work everyday you never saw your union. If you were a fuck up and couldnt even stay awake during your shift you got all the union support you could handle. Im not saying that all the members of 863 were fuck ups. In fact most of the people I worked with were the finnest group of people I ever met. All Im saying is that at this point in my life a union has nothing to offer me. I wish all my old union brothers and sisters the best. But the truth is they dont have a job now.

rally
06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
amen to that

69Cobra
06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I can say this. I'm a Union Master Electrician out of Local 212 and can't imagine what it would be like to try and pay the bill with anything less than what I make now. In 1995 I went straight into the trade right out of high school and after going through a 5 year apprenticship and specializing in motor control, temp. controls, PLC automation I don't know anything else. I've now moved up to a the head project manager/estimator and run the day to day operations in the field. So now I not only make above scale I also have been supplied with a vehical, phone, and gas card for the last 8.5 years. My job is to make sure the company makes money period and that's what I do. Even paying all our guys a hourly package of $42/hour I still bring my jobs in at a 25% margin. I bid against non union contractors everyday that pay their guys $10-15/hour and on bid day our numbers are not that far apart. So you can imagine who is making more money and its not us. Anyways I could go on and on about my opinions here so I'll just stop.

69428SCJ
06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
I think this is a good issue to discuss....how about we do it here (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?p=388255#post388255)

Goober
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm a part of UAW Local 2075 in Lima. The company we are ocntracted with has nowhere to go but up (they netted 300+ million last year, and over $4 billion in revenue)

rally
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm part of iue-cwa and words fail me.