Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
HUGE win for Gun Owners!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HUGE win for Gun Owners!!!!!

Black92LX
06-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Supreme Court finally ruled that the Second Amendment is an Individual Right.
Not sure why anyone ever thought it wasn't. All one needs to do is be able to understand Syntax in the English Language.
Well hopefully with this ruling by the highest court in the land we can start getting rid of many of these other ridiculous gun laws that have come to pass over the years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_guns_7

cstreu1026
06-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I saw that and it is indeed a happy day!

Waffles
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Most people are completely ignorant of what the right to bear arms was meant to defend us from... and no, it wasn't the Indians.

balz
06-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Excellent news indeed!!

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Pops Fun
06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
great news.... Now the DC people can have a weapon loaded in there home... Should be and now is an inalienable right. Now lets see how many more lawsuits will follow...

YES!!

Gene
06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
This is a very good day.

BigBadStang
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
This is great news, but I'm sure, in true Liberal fashion, they will keep trying, and trying until they get someone to go along with them. We've won a battle, but the war will carry on. :mad:

Black92LX
06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
This is great news, but I'm sure, in true Liberal fashion, they will keep trying, and trying until they get someone to go along with them. We've won a battle, but the war will carry on. :mad:

There is no where else to go. They can pick all the little fights they want but now that a solid foundation has been set.

Even though the 2nd Amendment is worded very clearly it took a couple centuries for it to be finally dealt with.

San Fransisco and Chicago are defiantly in the sights of the NRA

DeckerEnt
06-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Just think for a moment if the vote went the other way. There would be rioting in the streets. I am not kidding and i would be out there with them. You can say anything you want about George Bush but him appointing those conservative judges was the best thing for this country he has ever done.
Keith

TZ250
06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
JYou can say anything you want about George Bush but him appointing those conservative judges was the best thing for this country he has ever done.

Well said!

This is a great day for gun owners. :D

Kwik92GT
06-26-2008, 11:35 PM
You can say anything you want about George Bush but him appointing those conservative judges was the best thing for this country he has ever done.
Keith

:fna: Quoted for TRUTH.

Pops Fun
06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
June 26, 2008
"Gun rights groups announce suit to end unconstitutional Chicago ban!

With the ink barely dry on today's Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment protects an INDIVIDUAL right to own guns, attorney Alan Gura files suit against Chicago.
Gura, acting on behalf of the Second Amendment Foundation and several Chicago residents, seeks to challenge the windy city's draconian gun ban laws.
The reaction from Mayor Dick Daly? He's squealing like a stuck pig."

Steve

cstreu1026
06-27-2008, 09:09 AM

Supreme court decisions aren't exactly easy to over-turn....think Roe v. Wade.

BigBadStang
06-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I understand that. I just get tired of the whining Liberals going from court to court, lawyer to lawyer until they find some loon to give them what they want, and then try to cram it down our throats. At least this one went our way!

one90gt
06-28-2008, 08:12 PM
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I think that this could be interpreted either way. From one side the comma could be just a break in the sentence, and still in the same thought. If it was not referring to a different thought but an extension of the first part of the sentence it could be construed the exact opposite way. I can kinda see the argument of the dissenting judges. I can also see the majority judges take on the issue as well.

Personally I'm happy as shit, as ive got a few handguns, a shotgun and a few rifles, and I'm glad my right to keep them hasn't been diminished.

Sparky
06-28-2008, 09:21 PM
What about the right to own assault rifles and all the high powered stuff? Do you think we'll see another ban any time soon?

DeckerEnt
06-28-2008, 11:31 PM
All the little restrictions, felonies, demestic abuse, etc still apply. The Brady bill that banned all the high capacity magazines and retractable stocks and bayonet mounts expired and never reinstated so it all stays the same as right now.
Of course the class three stuff, full auto machine guns, sub machine guns, silencers, short barreled weapons, will still be regulated by all the class three NFA laws.
It is a good time in history for our country.
Keith

NXcoupe
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Very good to hear. Decker summed it up nicely. Puts us back to preclinton times as far as gun ownership goes. It also shuts up a lot of stupid anitgun arguments.