Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
radiology [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : radiology

tcorns
06-26-2008, 07:45 AM
anyone on here do radiology? i am about to be layed off at my job and i was thinking about maybe radiology. i would like to get into the medical field and was looking for some information.

thanks

trev

Sharad
06-26-2008, 08:09 AM
one of my good friends is a radiologist. Makes GOOOOOOOOOOOOD money. What info are you looking for?

tcorns
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
any reccomended schools, what the actual pay scale is like, job outlook, how much they actually like what they are doing, any hospitals out there willing to pay for school for a prospective employee.

i am also thinking about taking some nursing classes also.

thanks
trev

Katmandu
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
any reccomended schools, what the actual pay scale is like, job outlook, how much they actually like what they are doing, any hospitals out there willing to pay for school for a prospective employee.

i am also thinking about taking some nursing classes also.

thanks
trevThe US Air Force.

FREE Training. Did I say FREE ???? Hell ya I did.

Here's what you need to know.

http://www.airforce.com/careers/job.php?catg_id=2&sub_catg_id=3&af_job_id=103

I'm a Retired USAF Medical Laboratory Technologist. Feel Free to Email me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Katmandu@woh.rr.com

Oh yea, a lot of uneducated kids are afraid of going into the military and seeing/getting killed in combat. Remember, there's 2 Million Troops in the US Military and only a very, very small percentage that are ever put into harm's way. Keep it in perspective.

That said, it's extremely unlikely that an X-Ray Tech would even get close to a battlefield.

bascom123
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
i work in this field (Mammography Specifically, yeah I am a boob guy) but in the equipment side of it. There is a shortage of radiologists. But its heavily litigated, so expect some serious insurance rates. But jobs there are!

None the less

tcorns
06-27-2008, 07:56 AM
personaly i think that the medical field is where i need to be. i really love running fire and ems but it just does not replace the salary that i will be loosing soon. so i thought about nursing and radiology came to mind also. i do know that i don't want to get dirty anymore. i have spent 10 years working on airplanes and really don't want to go contracting if i don't have to.

thanks

trev

Katmandu
06-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Respiratory Therapy is where the BIG $$$ is.

Those folks don't work near as hard as X-Ray/Lab do.

BIGRED Z
06-27-2008, 11:17 PM
If ya don't like getting dirty, nursing is NOT the career to pick. Most days are just shitacular. :eek::rolleyes:

RN

BIGRED Z
06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Respiratory Therapy is where the BIG $$$ is.

Those folks don't work near as hard as X-Ray/Lab do.

Nurses make more than RT's, and they still have to play in snot all day. But RT's have less schooling I believe.

mustanginky
06-27-2008, 11:22 PM
My G/F is in school for radiology and she loves it.

tcorns
06-28-2008, 07:33 AM
My G/F is in school for radiology and she loves it.

what school is she at?

one of the guys that i work with is trying to talk me into nursing. i spent enough time in the er when i did my hospital time for my medic class. i was not bothered by anything that came in, just aggrivated me to see people scaming the system and using the er for reasons other then intended. i never even thought about r/t. i will be adding it to my list of jobs to look into.
i know that i will be getting my notice in july. i am going to have to wait and see what they offer in the way of severence and retraining. as long as i don't have to go contracting i am pretty much open to anything right now.

thanks

trev

Katmandu
06-29-2008, 05:47 AM
one of the guys that i work with is trying to talk me into nursing. Job Security for life being an RN.

The VA here is ALWAYS looking to hire RNs.

Unfortunately, 67% of all newly hired RNs QUIT before the end of there (2) week probationary period here. :rolleyes: