Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who is your Daddy? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Daddy?

Timido
06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
This is a post I copyied from The HAMB. I thought it was cool as hell. Enjoy. It came from this thread about the building of a period Dragster. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86866

I found the HAMB after an old friend and photographer sent me pictures of the HA/GR event. I was really excited to hear about a bunch of guys getting together to do this and couldn't wait to be a fly on the wall and watch this whole event unfold. After reading this post and after speaking with Ryan, I felt it might be appropriate to say some words here.

My life started in cars like these. If it weren't for them, I would never be where I am today. I think about those times often and I think about all the great times and great people that developed from those silly little cars. For me, it was a perfect time.

I hope that you guys can look through your competitive spirit (lord knows we all have it) and find a place where everyone is a team, everyone is doing it for the same reasons, and everyone supports one another. The notion of being "seriously" competitive with these kinds of cars is really kind of absurd when you think about it. Although I know how easily it is to stumble and find yourself truly wanting to one-up the guy in the next lane. I get that completely and I think as long as you are having fun that it is fine. But Ryan is right. You guys need to form a car club around these things. You guys need to work together and not against each other. Who really cares who is fastest?

I guess it is my selfishness that makes me want you guys to stay true to the spirit of early drag racing and each other. It has never really been done before and I want to see this work. I would love for my kids to see where their family came from and I know lots of other old timers that feel the same way.

I won't be posting much, but know that I am waiting and watching and can't wait to see a mess of these cars at the drag strip some day soon.

Yours,

Don Garlits

:bigthumb

Mista Bone
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Who??????

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Gene
06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Damn.

That's pretty cool.

Wow.