Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
crazy photoshop: [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : crazy photoshop:

Sharad
06-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I was looking through the August 2008 issue of MM&FF yesterday... I got wood looking at the cobra clone on the cover. I looked all the way through the issue TWICE looking for that car, but never found it. Then I got ticked off and decided I was GOING to find it! I looked VERY closely at the picture to look for defining characteristics:
*blue (not teal) cobra clone
*cowl hood with dzuz fasteners on the nose
*no fog lights
*drag wheels, look like bogarts from the center caps
*radials in the front, white letter tires in the back
*and the clincher, painted side mirrors.

The more I looked at the picture, the more I realized it looks photoshopped. HEAVILY photoshopped! I thought that was weird, but I was determined to find the car, so I looked and looked.

You won't believe this.

It's Mike Washington's Factory Stock car from page 84 in the "Natural Causes" shootout! However, true to every other car to come out of JPC, that car is COVERED with stickers. They completely photoshopped EVERY STICKER off of the car on the cover!!! Wow. I don't know if I'd be grateful that my car was on the cover or offended that they edited the photo to the point that you can hardly recognize it?

evil666stang
06-22-2008, 05:58 PM
i would probaly say he wanted them too edit it, he might of just had the stickers for indorsment money if he wins a race? but if that wasnt the case though i would be kinda pissed

Sharad
06-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd bet against it. Those JPC guys are always stickered up!

Gene
06-22-2008, 07:12 PM
i would probaly say he wanted them too edit it, he might of just had the stickers for indorsment money if he wins a race? but if that wasnt the case though i would be kinda pissed

NMRA Contigency stickers are on the rear window of the car. Anything else is sponsorship...I also doubt that Mike (or moreso, Justin), would want the stickers removed from the car for anything that was in the press. That's what sponsors want, after all...their name on the car visible in the media.

02mingryGT
06-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Congrats on your letter of the month Sharad.

Sharad
06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks. ;)

KenB
06-25-2008, 08:24 AM
They could have taken all the stickers off. The car is not currently being raced. Tommy is running a new car.

Sharad
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
in the N/A shootout in the same issue (which by all indications is where the photo was taken) the car has all the stickers on it.

Besides, you can look at the cover photo and EASILY tell it has been heavily edited.