Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Website Design [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Website Design

cobra_SVT_Girl
06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Can anyone help me create a website for the Wicked Women? I tried..and I'm not that great..and I'm really pressed for time.

http://wickedwomenracing.comis what I have so far...pretty generic. I don't want a web forum...just a cool front page, a members ride page, events page and maybe some other stuff.

I purchased it through godaddy.com

Please PM...I am willing to pay...I just need someone to do it! And I hear godaddy doesn't do that great.

Thanks!
Daney

MsBlkramair
06-17-2008, 12:27 PM
then why did you biy it from them? lol
Sorry, I can't do anything but type on a computer. I work with the dead, not the technologically advanced.;)

Waffles
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I've got a bit of experience. I host several sites (I have my own servers in the garage) along with POP email etc. I also have dotnetnuke portals available. I've got a couple of graphic designers that work cheap too.

cobrajoe
06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Now do you want a copy of this software?:lol:
Or do you want to tell me what you want and I'll build it?

mach_u
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Daney, have you talked to Rachel? She is very creative and has good experience with website stuff. :bigthumb

Waffles
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
PM sent...

PaulFiveOh
06-17-2008, 04:29 PM
If you guys want CS3, you can download my back up copy off my server.
pm for link

cobrajoe
06-17-2008, 06:27 PM
ahhh dreamweaver!!!

Now if Daney wants I'll DL it and start building, i've got nothing to do during the day for the most part!

cobra_SVT_Girl
06-17-2008, 07:11 PM
not the technologically advanced.;)

That would be correct! First you have to find someone to HOST the site (godaddy) then you have to have someone build the site. Godaddy is okay for hosting, not good for website building.

Hence why I made the thread. You GM people...sheesh...got break everything down for you.

Everyone is speaking above my intelligence level with all this software blah blah.....

Basically all I want is:

Intro Page with some cool graphics and a place to showcase a girl of the month and some info about the WW (may have Rachel work on the actual content for the site if she's willing)

A page to provide pictures and a brief bio of members rides

A page to host photos from events like UMTR, cruise ins etc

An events/calendar page

A contact page with maybe an area where people can leave comments

Maybe a place where we can host things that we have for sale..like the WW decals, the t-shirts etc

A links page for all of our WW supporters like SBZ, Cincy Speed, etc etc.

cobrajoe
06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Everyone is speaking above my intelligence level with all this software blah blah.....

Basically all I want is:

Intro Page with some cool graphics and a place to showcase a girl of the month and some info about the WW (may have Rachel work on the actual content for the site if she's willing)

A page to provide pictures and a brief bio of members rides

A page to host photos from events like UMTR, cruise ins etc

An events/calendar page

A contact page with maybe an area where people can leave comments

Maybe a place where we can host things that we have for sale..like the WW decals, the t-shirts etc

A links page for all of our WW supporters like SBZ, Cincy Speed, etc etc.

The software I have is pretty user friendly, Dreamweaver(CS3) might be a little more advanced, I have not messed with that one much. But I'm sure I can get the hang of it plus several friends to fall back on if I get stuck!

Waffles
06-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I use GoDaddy for my registrar, and they're great for that (that's actually first). Then you have to have someone to host the site. I either host my own or, some of the busier sites I host on a commercial account with redundant high speed lines and SAN storage.

As far as building a site, there are several ways to go. A site can have static or dynamic content, or sometimes both. Static content is the same for everyone, every time someone goes to the site. They're usually coded in pure HTML. Dynamic content actually has a program running on a server which interprets user input and then generates code that your browser interprets. SBZ is dynamic as everyone looking at the site can be looking at the same page, but seeing different things.

There are two 3 basic platforms for dynamic content. PHP, .NET, and the older ASP Classic. Then, there are programs called MCP (Managed Content Portals) that are programs which run on these different platforms.

There are TONS of decisions that need to be made before just sitting down to design a website.

REDHOTGTGIRL
06-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I am more than willing to help however I can! I have design experience and have built some basic sites, but it has been a while. I don't know some of the more advanced stuff, but I am working on learning some of it for our website at work. I will have a lot more time in the next few weeks once our basement is finished, which is going to be very soon. If you want to get together and go over what you have and plan a few things and come up with some options, I'm happy to do so. Then we figure out what we need to do to get it done. Just give me a hollah!

MrsAPE
06-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh oh...let Rachel do it!! She'll do us right!