Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
?'s about an abandoned house w/ dogs [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about an abandoned house w/ dogs

WCKDGT
06-15-2008, 06:37 PM
my brothers neighbor has decided to file bankruptcy and left her house abanded w/ 2 beautiful boxers still there. she hasn't been there in atleast 3 weeks to a month. and the lady is living somewhere else. so my question is what can i do w/ the dogs i would like to keep atleast 1 of them, but also i dont want them to go to the pound and get euthanized she told my brother that her husband was gonna come and get one of them but he's in jail. so can i just take them or........

any advice would appreciated

mustangjon
06-15-2008, 06:49 PM
sadly i think the only legally correct act is to call spca and let them take care of it. Maybe make an anon call someday to the next county over or something spca and tell them situation and something about wanting to adopt them if they take them. Or just bring a big steak over and "they just followed you home"

Btw that owner needs to be shot/former owner
:AR15: :AR15:

Timido
06-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I think you should go by the "Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission rule." You could Leave them a Note and take them and take care of them. The worst that will happen is that they will come back to get them.

Waffles
06-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Write the note in yellow crayon on white paper and leave it somewhere that it's sure to blow away.

MsBlkramair
06-15-2008, 08:20 PM
I would love to take one of the boxers...................let me know what happens. My apartment is too small to have three (we already have a 2 yr old boxer). How old are they?

92BlackStang
06-15-2008, 08:44 PM
How are those dogs eating and everything ??? What a scumbag

jls94z
06-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I would love to have another boxer.. I'd say take them and take care of them. They would be better off! If you need a home for one i'd love one!

WCKDGT
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
1 of the dogs is about 5 yrs old and the other 1 is about a year maybe a year and a half.

i walked around the house today and there was a big bag of dog food ripped open on the porch but i was empty and looked like it has been for awhile. so i gave them some food and 5 gallon bucket of water. if i can i will take 1 of them but i dont have the room for 3 boxer has i already have a 5 yr old boxer in my apt. so i have maybe 2 people lined up to take the other one. but if they fall thru i will let everyone know. i fuggin hate people like this

ibstrokin
06-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I think you should go by the "Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission rule." You could Leave them a Note and take them and take care of them. The worst that will happen is that they will come back to get them.

I agree with Tim, except for the note, just go take the dog. If they don't have dog tags, then they can't do shit even if they figured out you took the dog.

DeckerEnt
06-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Better to take them and care for them than let them rot. People who leave animals shouldn't own animals in the first place. Pets are part of the family and leaving one is like leaving a child. You are doing the right thing taking care of them. God bless you. Feed them a little extra for me if you get a chance. You can leave a note if you want but people like that don't care. Do the best for the dogs that you can.
Keith

WCKDGT
06-15-2008, 10:41 PM
im gonna check on them this all this week and call aroud to some shelters and see what they say. if tthey are still there by friday im taking them

WCKDGT
06-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Better to take them and care for them than let them rot. People who leave animals shouldn't own animals in the first place. Pets are part of the family and leaving one is like leaving a child. You are doing the right thing taking care of them. God bless you. Feed them a little extra for me if you get a chance. You can leave a note if you want but people like that don't care. Do the best for the dogs that you can.
Keith

:agree:

my 5 yr old boxer vinny is like my son if anything happened to him i would go nuts

oh yea they dont have tags on their collars. so im guessing they dont have any

95turbocharged
06-15-2008, 10:47 PM
you can call the pound and usually they will let you keep them like foster parents and if the owners dont come back for them, the spca will let you tag them and they will be yours to do what you want. but if it was me I would just take them and tag them and take them to any vet make sure they have their shots and keep the one and give the other one to a good home. then the only way for the original ower to get them back is if they were to take you to court and after a judge heard the facts they would not get the dogs back.

DeckerEnt
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Most pets give unconditional love. They don't know any better. When the previous owner just abandons them, it is such a shame. Shame on the previous owners. Well they aren't owners anymore. They are worthless pieces of crap. Do what you can for the dogs best intrests. And feel damn good doing it bcause the other owners wouldn't care anyway.
Keith

Blonde_5.0
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I would just take them....I would take another boxer in a heartbeat, but my boxer (6yrs) Larry isn't exactly nice to other animals...we rescued him last year and haven't been able to break him....I really want him to have a friend...but he's not social what so ever....nice as can be to people....

I don't know what goes through people's heads...leaving animals alone....poor things....makes me soooo sad

cstreu1026
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Take the dogs and give them a good home. Then find the former owners and give them a good beating for neglecting their pets.

MsBlkramair
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I would love to have to the younger boxer, if you are still needing homes for them!

I would be afraid of the older one not getting along with my 2 year old boxer.

Thank you for taking on the duty of feeding them. They need a friend right now. Their family packed up and left them to die.

jls94z
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
The people who left them don't deserve to have them! You should take them and care for them.. and if Brenda doesn't take the one I will! I have a boxer that will be 2 next month that loves other dogs!
Obviously those people didn't care about them!!

PONYGRL
06-16-2008, 04:16 PM
That's so sad... I hope you guys can find them both homes. I just rescued a puppy 2 weeks ago and she is the biggest headache I have ever had. She was abused and has severe separation anxiety, and is on medicine 2X a day for depression...

But yeah, boxers are a great breed and usually great with other dogs. I really wish I could help out but like I said, between the few of you, I'm sure they can find good homes. It's just unforunate that things like that happen.

Black92LX
06-17-2008, 02:26 AM
The better option.

Is call the SPCA and give them your name and address stating you want the dogs after the time period is up for the owner to come and claim them.

Keep the one you want and give the other to a Boxer Rescue.
http://www.goboxerrescue.com/

It will cost you a little bit but you will also be sure the dogs are healthy before you get stuck with the vet bill. And no one can come in claiming you stole their dog and then you have a legal case on your hand. Whether it be criminal or civil it will end up costing you.

This is how I got my most recent, I turned her into the humane society and told them I wanted the pup if it checked out health wise and no one claimed her.
My pup had to have immediate emergency the night she went in that would have cost me close to $1,000. But by going through the humane society they took care of the vet bills until she checked out and became adoptable. I then just paid the adoption fee.

Mista Bone
06-17-2008, 03:12 AM
Legally, the owners can get their dogs back even if they are mistreated or abandoned and willing to take on the fight.

Seems like they are heartless bastards for leaving them there an too much of a low life to even worry. If they DID care, but didn't have the means, they would have dropped them off at a shelter.

Also the people that think letting their dogs go free in the country is a good thing, it's not. THey will end up going "wild" in packs and have to be put down. I got a call last week wanting to know if I wanted to help again with two packs of wild dogs. I wanted to, but just can't do it again.

Glad to see there are decent people left in the world.