Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Heavy bag advice [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heavy bag advice

Rick93coupe
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I've got a heavy bag, a speed bag and a free standing bag at the house that have been collecting dust. I got to hitting on the free standing bag the other night and decided it was time to dust this stuff off and get back to training. I'm thinking about hanging the heavy bag from the tree out back, but I need some ideas on how to hang it, and have access to adjust the height and pull it down in bad weather. Thought of doing some sort of pulley setup, you guys have any ideas?

PaulFiveOh
06-13-2008, 02:07 PM
If I was doing it I would just use a locking block and tackle setup.

bobtsgt
06-13-2008, 03:01 PM
get some chain and a couple of bolts. Fully adjustable and removable.

89notch
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
I would use a mechanical advantage pulley system to raise and lower that heavy ass thing. Similar to this setup here. http://www.the-office.com/summerlift/pulleybasics.htm You should be able to build this at lowes for 40-50.00 and it will make life great when you do have to adjust it or take it down.

BigBadStang
06-13-2008, 08:20 PM
For about $150 you can get an Everlast Heavy bag stand that comes with a mount for the speed bag too. It's completely free standing, and you wouldnt have to leave the bag outside in the weather.