Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So I heard.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So I heard....

NaomiDstangLvr
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
From another Mustang forum that Ford is bringing back the 5.0 V-8 in 2010. Has anyone else heard about this?!?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-begins-testing-50l-v8-for-use-in-the-2010-mustang-spied.html

Trey87stang
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I can't wait to see the full specs on it.:bigthumb

mustangboy
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I have not looked into it at all but if I had to guess it is just the modular 5.0 that has been around for a couple years now as a crate motor. I can guarantee they aren't bringing back the old pushrod motor.

Drivermod
06-02-2008, 03:29 PM
It'll be a whole new engine family. Not the old pushrods and not a modular either. Larger bore spacing which will allow for larger displacement engines:bigthumb If you are ever at a NMRA event, go check out the Ywllow Roush 05 GT in Open comp. 9.0's N/A on ethanol. You wont recognize the engine. It's huge. I thought it was a V10 at first.

Waffles
06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Heard something about a 6.2L SOHC motor for 2010 that pushes over 400hp too.

djom1cincy
06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Car and Driver's new mag has a article about the 2010 Mustang. In 2010 its the current 300 hp 4.6 v-8. Says that in 2011 there will be a new 6.2 liter, sohc v-8 with upwards of 400 horsepower. I was looking for it online but cant find the article. Its in the june mag thats on the shelf now.

cobrajoe
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd say there gonna be have to step up to match the fire power of the Challenger and the Camaro. The 4.6l unless supercharged/turbocharged just is not gonna cut it. Plus I just can't see a new/adjusted body style with the same engine in it. JMO:popcorn:

Evil_Capri
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=460831

The Year
2010MY is the start of the reskin (not MY09)
When this car will launch, is unknown. Best guesses would be around the time the 2010 Camaro comes out. (early-mid 09 as a 2010 model)

The Platform
Still on the D2C
There IS a new Global RWD platform coming out at some point in the 2012 timeframe.
It is not official yet that the upcoming 2010 will last only 2 or 3 model years. It is only said the new platform will be ready for primetime.
Information on Huntsman, whether or not it is actually the platform, or what will eventually evolve into the GRWDP ....

The engines
V6
3.5, 3.5 EcoBoost, 3.7 have all been thrown around.
More than likely the 3.5 or 3.7 will be the base engine, but nothing we have seen has confirmed this. Mentioned is the 3.5 EcoBoost engine at some point.
(whether its a regular car/option or SE is unknown)
But these are the weapons of choice for the 6banger. Heck even the 4.0 might stick around a year or so, but more than likely not (stranger things have happened)

V8
Alot of info has changed over time in this segment, as Ford has altered their plans SO many times in the last couple of years.
So far as we know, at some point through the 2010/2011MY a 5.0L 4v will be in the Mustang GT, replacing the current 4.6 3v and power could be rated at 400hp and 360ftlbs.(or less on paper)
Originally thought to employ Direct Injection, it sounds like this is not in the 2010+ engine, but could/will be added in future applications.
(Its looking more and more like the 5.0 will be in the 2011, and 2010 will be carryover pepped up 4.6 3v)
Update: Fourcam mentions 400hp/360ftlbs from the 302 his 'guesses' are usually pretty good. Most likely Aluminum
The 5.0 4v is a decendant of the current gen mod motors.
As mentioned on BON, there were 2 programs, one based off the 4.6, and one off of the 5.4 mod. It sounds like the one based off of the 4.6 is what will be used.

SVT
whether or not the GT500/Cobra style car keeps the 5.4 or moves on to a bigger engine or smaller TwinForce is not yet known. It sounds like the current engine will be kept and bumped up in HP by 2011.

This also answers the question about the 6.2L Boss engine,
it is relegated to the F150 and not in the stang at this time

Transmissions
Will they use a 6speed auto or manual?
We'll have to see, but it sounds like the Mustang GT (and more than likely all products) will get a 6speed auto/manual.
Something to consider is the PowerShift transmissions by Getrag

Quote:
The Ford PowerShift Transmission is a six-speed double-clutch transmission system with the ease of operation of an automatic transmission, and it is completely new to Ford.

On the roadmap presentation for Ecoboost technology, 6speed tranny's are shown going into most if not all vehicles in the future. This could be a good indication of the 2010s transmission.

The Suspension
We all know the 2005 Mustang started out with an IRS.
And we all know that it was yanked and the car had to be fitted with a SRA last minute. What we also know is how the chassis had to be changed to accomodate it.
It is unknown at this time whether the SRA or IRS will be in it or a combination of the 2. I personally think they will stick with the SRA until the new platform. (could be a Watts Link) (spy shots also look like it keeps the SRA)

The Interior
From those who have claimed to have seen this car, say the interior is all new and better looking than the current car. So it sounds like it won't be a 98-99 update, and have the same interior with different exterior.
I'd expect that all the new toys will be options on the inside.
Take a look at the 2009 F-150 to see the newer type of look that Ford vehicles will have, including the center stack, which would house new Sony audio, Sync2.0 and HVAC controls.

The Exterior (see pic below)
We will have HIPS, that much has been confirmed.
Also it is a more aggressive looking car.
It still has a fake gascap/badge at the rear (which is said to house a backup assist camera on certain models), well as our 3 vertical tail lamps. (which show white portions between each lamp, could be the backup lights)
The greenhouse will remain the same shape, every other panel will be changed.
Headlights/turn signals integrated. (as shown in spy shots)
Fogs in bumper
No word on how different it will be compared to the current car, but sounds like its a bit more modern looking, but still keeps the design DNA and heritage of the mustang.
The antenna has moved from the front passsanger fender to the rear passanger fender.

More than likely the new for 2009 Glassroof option will carryover to the 2010.

Differences in models look to carry far more styling cues than before.
See attached pic of GT500-like car and what is either a V6 or GT.

If/When the Mustang gets TwinForce under its bonet, the other exterior styling it will probably get is the side vent just after the wheel for venting the turbos. They will be functional.

BOSS ENGINES
The 5.8 BOSS is dead, and the 6.2 BOSS SOHC is truck only at this time.
But I'm sure they'll pull that out if they need to.
There was a 7L, 700hp@7000RPM test BOSS engine by Roush in a Mustang as an engineering/test exercise.
**as a note, if the new engines are not ready for the launch 2010 model
(which is likely the case), the engines or engine could carry over. I'm sure they will have a power bump.

Also noted, the BOSS engines and future V8s are indeed OHC, not OHV
even though some testing may have been OHV. (maybe crate motors?)
BOSS Info, 33 pages, good info (this post started almost a year ago)
TwinForce 302