Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Guns can be PRETTY!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Guns can be PRETTY!!!

BIGRED Z
05-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Picked this one up yesterday!! Some of you know Ron & I took our concealed weapons class 2 weeks ago.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13588

We currently have a Taurus 9mm black (technically blue steel) with gold trim. That's a PT-92 which Ron carries. A big one, but he picked up a sweet holster that conceals it nicely with his thin frame.

Also got a Bersa 380, an antique 1935 32 revolver, and most recently aquired, a Smith and Wesson 9mm which I carry.

I liked the pretty trims Taurus offers so I bought the SS with the pearl grips and gold trim pictured in the linky. Yay pretty guns!

93cobra
05-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Ive considered taking those concealed carry classes mainly for the trade shows we do occasionaly carrying large amounts of cash.... I've owned fire arms my whole life.

I guess it could be handy in a situation where my wife & i are in a danger too etc...

My luck, I'd be in a life threatened situation, shoot a piece of shit dead, & go to jail or some bs

BIGRED Z
05-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Ive considered taking those concealed carry classes mainly for the trade shows we do occasionaly carrying large amounts of cash.... I've owned fire arms my whole life.

I guess it could be handy in a situation where my wife & i are in a danger too etc...

My luck, I'd be in a life threatened situation, shoot a piece of shit dead, & go to jail or some bs

That's why a concealed class would benefit you. It clearly defines appropriate situations in which deadly force is justified, and when it is not.

I am a firm believer in that if you pull a firearm, you must be prepared to use it. The class defines when you can, and can't, do just that. And that means, if you pull your gun, you shoot to kill, not to maim.

I also believe that if you do have a gun in the house, ALL members must know how to use it, shoot it, clean it, and be aware of the laws pertaining to it. It's just simply a matter of being responsible in gun ownership. This means even your 5 year old. Every member should know what they are all about if you have them.

DeckerEnt
05-29-2008, 12:47 AM
I have one of those. Actually 2. One in stainless and one blued. Click the link in my signature and click the album Guns. I cleaned all mine tonight to be ready for my farm party this weekend. Woot!!!
Keith

BIGRED Z
05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
I have one of those. Actually 2. One in stainless and one blued. Click the link in my signature and click the album Guns. I cleaned all mine tonight to be ready for my farm party this weekend. Woot!!!
Keith

Mental note to self: Don't try to lift the silverware at the farm party....:D

DeckerEnt
05-29-2008, 12:54 AM
LOL. It will be plastic. Help yourself. LOL
Keith

Mista Bone
05-29-2008, 01:21 AM
BTW, Ohio finally did something right, they passed the "castle doctrine".......

"Intruder alert" = "let the bodies hit the floor"

Mista Bone
05-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh yeah, this is what I want as a carry sidearm in 40 S&W, I might step down to a 9mm, but I already have two guns in 40 S&W

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/waltherthin_091807/

BIGRED Z
05-29-2008, 01:43 AM

:bigthumb:lol::D

BIGRED Z
05-29-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah, this is what I want as a carry sidearm in 40 S&W, I might step down to a 9mm, but I already have two guns in 40 S&W

The linky is a sweet shooter. :bigthumb Nice and compact looking.

Pops Fun
05-29-2008, 03:44 AM

Actually it only passed the House.... goes back to the Senate then to the governor... who said he would sign it!!:yup: Can't wait.

Steve

Mista Bone
05-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Leave it to the news to screw up the info.

Law or no law, you BREAK into my residence, you will be surprised. If your just small time cat burgular and listen when I tell you to get down, you'll live. Threaten me or anything living in the house, double tap to center mass, say good night gracie.

ADaughen
05-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually it only passed the House.... goes back to the Senate then to the governor... who said he would sign it!!:yup: Can't wait.

Steve

+1

Contact your State senators and tell them to pass this thing ASAP.

A bunch of anti's are trying to change it. :mad:

cstreu1026
05-29-2008, 03:03 PM

That looks awful similar to a S&W M&P.

cstreu1026
05-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Law or no law, you BREAK into my residence, you will be surprised. If your just small time cat burgular and listen when I tell you to get down, you'll live. Threaten me or anything living in the house, double tap to center mass, say good night gracie.

I keep a Remington 870 next to the bed. If you hear me chamber round and decide to stay in the house then you deserve anything you get.

ADaughen
05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
That looks awful similar to a S&W M&P.

Maybe, kinda, a little....

Glock-like trigger.
Glock-like slide takedown.
European triggerguard magazine release.
And the PPS is narrower.
The grips on the M&P are rubbery where the PPS has hard plastic.

I would compare it more to a SlimLine Glock in 9mm, if they made one. ;)

I looked at the price on the PPS and they want $700 msrp for it. I know I paid $425 new for my M&P... I checked their site, $660 msrp. :eek:

cstreu1026
05-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe, kinda, a little....

Glock-like trigger.
Glock-like slide takedown.
European triggerguard magazine release.
And the PPS is narrower.
The grips on the M&P are rubbery where the PPS has hard plastic.

I would compare it more to a SlimLine Glock in 9mm, if they made one. ;)

I looked at the price on the PPS and they want $700 msrp for it. I know I paid $425 new for my M&P... I checked their site, $660 msrp. :eek:

You used that 5 letter word too many times for me to be interested. :smokin:

Pops Fun
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Ohio's Senate Passes "Castle Doctrine" Legislation!

Please Keep Checking www.NRAILA.org (http://www.nraila.org/) for Further Updates!
On Thursday, May 29, Senate Bill 184 (http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=127_SB_184), Ohio's "Castle Doctrine" legislation passed out of the State Senate by a vote of 25 to 7. This legislation now heads to the Governor for his signature. Governor Ted Strickland (D) has already voiced his support for SB 184 and is expected to sign this legislation into law within the next couple of weeks.
SB 184, sponsored by State Senator Steve Buehrer (R-1), will restore the right of individuals to respond with force in defense of their lives and family, and immunize the victim from civil lawsuits by criminals or the criminal's family. Included in SB 184 was an amendment, which contains provisions that would make critical changes to Ohio's concealed carry statute.

Mista Bone
05-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I believe S&W makes the PPS for Walther.

ADaughen
05-30-2008, 09:23 AM
You used that 5 letter word too many times for me to be interested. :smokin:

Glock isn't that bad. ;)

I believe S&W makes the PPS for Walther.

Probably. The P99 and S&W99 were made at the same factory too.

Black92LX
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Glock isn't that bad. ;)

Then you clearly don't have to carry one everyday.
I trust that it will go bang every time I pull the trigger. Which in all reality is the most important thing. But if I had my choice there are far superior firearms out there.

Being that it gets drawn more than it gets fired (thankfully). It's got the ergonomics of a brick and that sucks when you are clearing a building for 20 minutes. Give me something comfortable in my hand please.

Jaynebabe
05-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Congrats on the gun, and conceal carry liscence. I love my gun it goes everywhere with me.
Oh and guns can be really pretty, I so want to buy one of these!!
http://www.jimsgunsupply.com/DuraCoat/duracoatpictures.html

BigBadStang
05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Congrats on the purchase BIGREDZ! Hope you have good luck with it. :bigthumb

Depending on what I will be doing, I may be carrying any of these 4 pistols.
Mostly carry the Glock36, and seldom the Ruger 345 due to it's weight, and size. I have many more pistols, but these 4 are the ones I use for CCW wear and tear.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/BigBadStang/Guns/HandGuns002.jpg

cobrajoe
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM

That's the way to do it! 2 for effect!

Good One!

One of the one's I'm looking at!!!!

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=22

MWoods26
06-26-2008, 04:03 AM
Heres what I carry most of the time. Its not easy to conceal but 50AE will take off a limb! and if I miss with all 7 rounds (which I wont) I could beat you over the head with it.:lol:

Mista Bone
06-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Then you clearly don't have to carry one everyday.
I trust that it will go bang every time I pull the trigger. Which in all reality is the most important thing. But if I had my choice there are far superior firearms out there.

Being that it gets drawn more than it gets fired (thankfully). It's got the ergonomics of a brick and that sucks when you are clearing a building for 20 minutes. Give me something comfortable in my hand please.

I know this is digging your reply up, but different people have different hands and grips. Glock fits my smaller hands. IMHO a department should mandate a caliper/load, then allow each officer to choose a make/model that fits them.

My G22 with 135gr Hydroshok PD loads is great, bite not too bad. Load full tilt 180gr JHP's in it and it's not that fun, I'd rather have my Ruger P91 with the heavier weight to absorb the recoil.

Then again I'm not wearing 15-20 lbs (vague guess) of extra gear either.

Sig make a FINE gun......it just doesn't fit me.

BigBadStang
06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Heres what I carry most of the time. Its not easy to conceal but 50AE will take off a limb! and if I miss with all 7 rounds (which I wont) I could beat you over the head with it.:lol:

not easy to conceal...that's the understatement of the year!
BTW...
How do you keep your pants from falling down while carrying that anvil? :lol:

If I was dead set on carrying a .50, it would be this one, and even one this small weighs 3.5 lbs empty.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/BigBadStang/Guns/150238_large.jpg