Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robke Ford Closing [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Robke Ford Closing

cstreu1026
05-28-2008, 07:58 AM
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=c3fabc43-595f-4437-a7fb-6faf5ef8ef63

Its a shame to see them shut their doors. I thought they were great to deal with.

bestracing
05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
It sucks for the employees that they lost their job but Bud made some bad business decisions and it's been down hill since. Same goes for their Chevy dealership only it hasn't caused them to close their doors........yet.

Use to love to deal with Robkey but lately I won't go there for any service even though they are only 3 miles away from me.

Holly
05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Luckily we have Beefcake and Beechmont Ford for all your Ford needs! :D

MADMOD
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
That is where I bought my car from. The first salesman I had was a real jerk off but when I went back in a few days later to try and rework some kind of deal the guy had quit. The next guy I had down there was super nice and made my car buying experiance great. I sure hate to see that place close:(

smoker
05-28-2008, 11:35 AM
i hate dealing with robke,we bought my wifes car there and we were looking at a van first and we sold her car, 3 weeks later they wanted the van back because they couldnt sell the deal to a bank. so we wound up buying somethting we didnt want

KobraII
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
It sucks Robke is closing. That means there's only two ford dealers left in Northern KY. And to think, my father almost took a job there. Good thing he didn't

SMOKE
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
It sucks for the employees that they lost their job but Bud made some bad business decisions and it's been down hill since. Same goes for their Chevy dealership only it hasn't caused them to close their doors........yet.

Robke actually took a buy-out from Ford.

Walter
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Robke actually took a buy-out from Ford.

Please elaborate.

SMOKE
05-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Please elaborate.

Ford offered a LOT of the smaller Ford dealerships in the region a buy-out they could take or pass on. Prestige Ford in Dayton took the buy out and closed up shop, Robke was next. There are supposedly a few more (a couple I know for sure) that were offered buy-outs and decided they would rather keep their dealerships. Ford was basically saying they wanted to keep the big hitters (Beechmont Ford, Castrucci Ford, Interstate, Beau Townsend, etc) and close some of the smaller store fronts.

We haven't seen the end of the store closings by Ford OR Chevy. Terry Lee Chevrolet was a Chevy store that took money from General Motors to be closed up and bought out by McCluskey (I was a Finance Manager at TLC when it was all going down) - Terry Lee himself told us in a managers meeting he was going to accept money from GM so they could buy him out and make one monster of a store.

Basically they want to close some, NOT ALL, Some, of the smaller stores to make bigger better store fronts in prime locations.