Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Are there any good cooking/grilling classes? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good cooking/grilling classes?

92StangMan
05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm about to buy a grill but know nothing about grilling and prepping food outside of the usual hot dogs and hamburgers. Are there any culinary classes that specialize in grilling?

facemelter71
05-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Season meat,throw on grill,drink plenty of beer.:bigthumb
I dont know of any classes for grilling.Did you google grilling classes??

mach_u
05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I thought the skill of grilling came with pure virtue of being a man? Because I have a wiener, I grill. :lol:

dirtyone55
05-19-2008, 05:57 PM
just get wasted when you grill, and even if it tastes bad, your drunk, so who cares...... eventually your grill skills will get better.

In all reality, it is easy shit for corn, potatoes, burgers, bratts and mets. just gradually move up to steaks, loins, and other stuff

92StangMan
05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Season meat,throw on grill,drink plenty of beer.:bigthumb
I dont know of any classes for grilling.Did you google grilling classes??

Yeah and a few things came up but not sure which teacher/instructor/whatever would be the best or who's worse. I eat a lot as it is and get tired of eating the same old shit every time and would like to learn how to use spices, marinades, etc. to vary the taste.

mustang8998
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
There is a good grilling show on cable. I can't remember the name of the show, or the channel though.

Rick93coupe
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah the food network has a few good shows. I think there's one called Grillin and Chillin or something like that. Either way, cook steaks hot and fast, chops and chicken slow and low (heat).
This is what I use for steaks. Sometimes I use a bit of celery salt, but most of the time I opt for the Lawrys.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/Rick88coupe/P1020001.jpg

This is what I use on Chicken alternately.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/Rick88coupe/P1020002.jpg

You can't go wrong with the Grill Mates seasonings or the Lawrys.

mach_u
05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I use Montreal Steak seasoning and nothing else. A nice cut of meat really doesn't need a whole lot. Just don't over cook it and it will be delicious!

Mr.Moontang
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I might know a thing or two about cooking...

Mista Bone
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Learning to grill is EASY.........

Round steak and FIRE!!!!!

It's all a matter of trial and error from there.

I think Moontang is still practicing :)

I spent about $8 yesterday on BBQ marinades and such, Coupons + sale items @ Meijers.

Lawrys Marinade, normally $2.49, on sale for 3/$4 or $1.33 each, .50 coupon in this yesterdays paper, doubled by Meijers, I paid .33, 87% savings!

A1 steak sauce (I use it in marinades), normally $3.28, on sale doe 3/$6 or $2.00 each, $1 coupon, $1 my price, 69% savings!

Texas Toast with chesse, normally $2.99, on sale for 3/$6 or $2 each, .40 coupon doubled, $1.20 my price, 60% savings.

Tabasco sauce, $1.39, .50 coupon, doubled, so I got it for .39, 72% savings

And the best of all, Frnks Red Hot, .99 a small bottle, .50 coupon, DOUBLED, so I got it for free and a penny back!!!!!!!

figure in buns and other items, I got $60 worth of groceries for $25.

glassman
05-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I might know a thing or two about cooking...

You remember????:lol: it was some time ago.

Mr.Moontang
05-20-2008, 08:20 AM
You remember????:lol: it was some time ago.

I'm still round that should tell you something right there... All you need for a perfect red meat marinade is your favorite whiskey and RC cola, let the steaks marinate at room temp for about an hour then slap them on the grill and use a little Montreal seasoning. Chicken and Pork you can use your favorite whiskey again but use Orange Crush and or a lemon lime slice, marinate again at room temp for about an hour then slap them on the grill with a little original Mrs. Dash. Using the cheaper pop mentioned above is very important due to the fact that they are higher in acid and are sweeter than the more exspensive pop.

REDHOTGTGIRL
05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
I can vouch for whiskey/cola marinade...amazing!! We tried it once and it was fabulous! Grilling isn't too difficult, I just started doing it last year. You'll pick it up in no time. But if you are interested in classes, there is a cooking school at the Party Source in Newport and I think Jungle Jim's does classes as well. Have fun!!

facemelter71
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
To be really truthfull,its pretty much trial and error.You will burn some food,but you learn and eat it any way.I learned watching my dad,thats where i learned grilling and beer go together.You really cant go wrong or screw something up grilling,trust me.It comes with time,and most grilling instruction classes is how to prepare meat and things.Im sure with all the culinary expertese we have (Moontang) that we should be able to cover the majority of you questions.Good grilling.

cstreu1026
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Its taken me about 4 summers to really get down the art of not over cooking a steak. I had a little easier time with pork chops and I am still trying to figure out chicken. Next up is the smoker as soon as I get a deck or ppatio built.

Dipstick
05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
here is a web forum that might help you out. They have grilling stuff on there and they have smoking stuff.

www.smokingmeatforums.com

92StangMan
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will try and have the grill sometime by the end of next week, depending on when/if I begin my second job. I'll be sure to post some pics too.

k062693w
05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
BBQ University on PBS That man knows everything about grilling!!!!!!!!
Just go to www.pbs.org and your all set..