Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Roll cage paint [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage paint

may93
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Just curious what different types of paint everyone was using for painting the roll cage with? I dont really want to spray and I remember reading a thread at one time where they brushed a paint on that had a texture and when dried left no brush strokes.

PonymanfiveO
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Rustoleum brand "Hammertone". Pick it up at Home Depot in 5 different colors in a spray can.

I just did the cage in the grey car with it in a Dark Grey finish and it looks killer!
It has that hmmered finish like powdercoating. Very tough stuff as well. I had it on another cage for a few years and it was near impossible to chip or scuff it.

Hangingcogs
05-19-2008, 01:39 PM
You can buy the rustoleum "hammered" roll on stuff at wal-mart. That's the only place that we could find that had it. Home Depot and Lowes has the stuff in the can that you can spray. Spraying the shit sucks especially if the glass is still in the car, gotta tape takes more time than actually applying the paint.

Good Luck!

BigBadStang
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I used POR-15 on the cage in my old 78 Mustang II, and that shit will NOT chip or scrape off. Brush it on, and as it dries, the brush strokes vanish.Back then it was only available in black, but now they offer quite a few color options. I know there are other brands now that are similar, maybe some of the guys here can tell you what they are.

may93
05-20-2008, 02:37 AM
I think I remember the Hammered as being what I had read before in a different thread. I intended to brush it on mainly because of the hassle that comes with trying to spray inside a car. I'm using the POR-15 on the engine compartment and frame but on the cage I was concerned that the sun would turn it cloudy at the windshield. Thanks to everyone for your help.