Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Results of our concealed weapons class... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Results of our concealed weapons class...

BIGRED Z
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We both passed our shoots with flying colors. And me with a gun I had just bought 5 minutes before the qualifying shoot too!!!

I had a 380 that I was a damn good shot with, but we both wanted a 9mm and only had one. So I bought a Smith & Wesson 9mm (their Glock version) when we arrived at Mark's guns. I was so excited to shoot it, I wanted to use it for the qualifying shoot. So I did.

Totally different trigger than the 380 or the Taurus 9mm, but I got all 20 shots in the silhouette, albeit a bit lower than I intended. So my guy would have died of severe peritonitis rather than an immediate gunshot wound to the heart. (This means I shot up his abdomen so bad, that his colon would have leaked toxic poop into his system and created infection so bad he would never have survived, as opposed to a heart shot.)

The guy teaching was a cop. He was awesome. The 2 hour video we had to see was absolute torture. Had to see the lawyers read, verbatim, the penal codes regarding gun laws...all in lawyer speak. It was horrible.

But we learned a lot regarding exactly when deadly force is acceptable, and when it's not. Handy info to have when you carry.

We also both picked up holsters you carry the gun inside your pants and connects to a belt loop on the outside.

We are now incognito....lol, well at least after we get our permits....

The most surprising thing to me was that the instructor was a cop. He said in no uncertain terms, when conditions are appropriate, shoot to kill. Don't go for a foot, or a flesh wound. Shoot to kill.

Didn't expect this from a cop. Kentucky gun laws rule!

Ron always thought I was nuts when I said I would shoot to kill, he was more inclined to merely wound and detain till the cops arrived. I always maintained my premise that dead men can't sue. And that if someone was in my house that didn't live there, certainly didn't intend to inquire about my fine designing skills. If they didn't belong there, they were dead if I had anything to say about it.

It was nice to be validated in that thought by a real cop. Ron is still undescided...But I will defend him in that men traditionally think they have way more control in combat with another man than would a woman.

But if I were in the house, I trust he would stop a burglar/murderer/rapist by any means necessary. I just worry what he would do if it were only him. Me, yeah, I'm gonna kill you. Period. Like I said, dead men can't sue.

Class was good.

Maximus
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Carry two and you shouldnt have any problems.:smokin:

BIGRED Z
05-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Carry two and you shouldnt have any problems.:smokin:

And here I thought you were just putting on weight...LOL

LOL, I am "hippy" enough. Not the tree hugger hippie type, I mean I have enough hips to not add two sidearms to add to the look. Plus, the 9mm has a 17 round magazine. If I can't do the job in 17 shots, well, I deserve what I get. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, I am a pretty damn good shot. I can get the job done with one firearm, and two mags. :D

Black92LX
05-18-2008, 02:16 AM
The most surprising thing to me was that the instructor was a cop. He said in no uncertain terms, when conditions are appropriate, shoot to kill. Don't go for a foot, or a flesh wound. Shoot to kill.

That's a given in any gun fight.

Glad to see you like the Smith & Wesson M&P I am assuming. It's on the list to get.

Mista Bone
05-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Lori, come down to Decker's Farm shoot.

I'm sure you've seen one of these before

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Farm%20Party/P9220006.jpg

The bigger holes (about 50 of 40 S&W) were from my 4 clips, 2 guns, rapid fire at about 5-7 yards.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Farm%20Party/P9220013.jpg

AFTER the guns are put away.....

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Farm%20Party/P9220024.jpg

Pops Fun
05-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Glad to hear the class was good!! I enjoyed mine in Ohio, learned a lot!! Trying to get the wife and daughter to take it!!

Now get the license and carry it!!

I have a 9mm s&w compact and it carries well, now the search for that perfect holster begins!!

Steve

ADaughen
05-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Congrats on the class... I can't get my wife to go. :( You plan on carrying the full size M&P? :o

I have the compact and it disappears. ;)

Trick is not to carry it directly on your 3 or 9 o'clock (12 being your front, 6 being your rear). It will show a lot more on the sides. Find a spot just behind your hip that is comfortable. Also, make sure you have a good, solid belt if you're going to carry on your hip. That will help keep it tucked away.

I'm running a Galco Summer Comfort (IWB) holster made for a USPc for both my USPc and M&Pc.

BigBadStang
05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't expect this from a cop. Kentucky gun laws rule!

Not certain of how exactly Kentucky's CCW law is written, but in Ohio, the law is written to "shoot to kill", not to mame or wound.

hope you like your M&P9.
Did you handle the M&P9c? They are much easier to carry concealed than the full size.

Congrats on the class, my wife finally got her certificate 2 weeks ago.

plattner01
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
ok in the last picture she is drinking from a gas tank!!!!!!!!!!??? . shit that is one tough girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinda reminds me of a south park episode, guns and drinking from a gas tank -kenny

SWEET GT
05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
had mine for about 1.5 years..I dont carry much.

I have a Kel-tec p3at (380 auto) and a S&W SW40VE ..the keltec is much easier to carry.

I also have a Taurus PT92..but that thing is huge to carry concealed.

BIGRED Z
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I also have a Taurus PT92..but that thing is huge to carry concealed.

We have a PT-92, that's what my man carries. He hides it well though. The holster for it wasn't cheap though!

DeckerEnt
05-22-2008, 01:08 AM
The pics were from my farm party. It was fun. This year's is coming up the saturday the 31st. I have a thread about it with directions in the hanging out section.
The gas tanks were brought down by the ponymom gang. They were filled with hooch. After the shooting, we all got pretty hammered. This year, the guns are separate from the booze. You should try to make it down. It should be a fun day, and night.
Keith

BIGRED Z
05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah, guns and booze never mix well....unless you invite your enimies over for a "hunting" party....:lol: