Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
The police will be out from this Sunday until the end of the month... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The police will be out from this Sunday until the end of the month...

92StangMan
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Figured I would post this.

I had to go to traffic school tonight and the instructor mentioned that there was a $220,000 grant that will be given to various police departments who can write the majority of the tickets. All of the money will not go to one single department but will be spread out based on the revenue generated from issuing citations.

It will begin this Sunday and last till the end of May.

99Slobra
05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Meh..Smells like BS...

Rick93coupe
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
LOL,, does that mean there's no such thing as quotas, but maybe, just maybe there's incentives?

WYLDFANTASYX
05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I heard that a mustang wrecked real bad in Middletown, I hope I heard wrong but I have some people asking whats up... anyone know anything?

bestracing
05-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Meh..Smells like BS...

No, not BS, it's partly true. There's not a contest to write the most tickets but there was a $220,000 grant given to NKy loacal deptartments to crack down on speeding on the local highways. Although the departments do get a slight larger precentage of the citation fees they gernerate. sounds like incentive program to me but I was told, No warnings, you speed, you get pulled over, you get cited.

I heard it from a very reliable source.

Gene
05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
No, not BS, it's partly true. There's not a contest to write the most tickets but there was a $220,000 grant given to NKy loacal deptartments to crack down on speeding on the local highways. Although the departments do get a slight larger precentage of the citation fees they gernerate. sounds like incentive program to me but I was told, No warnings, you speed, you get pulled over, you get cited.

I heard it from a very reliable source.

I heard the same thing from a girl I know who is a computer tech for a few NKy police departments.

95turbocharged
05-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I heard the same thing from a friend of mine who works for the florence police department(yes he is a police officer)

Goldenpony
05-15-2008, 07:30 PM
The doughnut fund is running low.