Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Static Cling Vinyl? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Static Cling Vinyl?

nskaats
05-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I noticed a couple of UMTR racers use sheets of static cling vinyl to put their sponsor stickers on so they don't have to put them on the car. I'm tired of putting the stickers on my back window at each event and having to scrape them off. I would rather have them on a piece of vinyl for each side that I can hang on each side of the car and simply pull it off after each event.

Where can I get it and how much will I be looking to spend?

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-11-2008, 12:39 PM
DITTO! I HATE stickers but I would like to put some stickers on when I race..but don't want them there perm.

I would be interested in purchasing some too! I wanna get my WW some decals they can put on their cars.

ponymom05
05-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I think you may be referring to me and jlt2006, both new style Mustangs. I DID NOT want all those stickers on the body of my car. Nor did I want all that junk on the windows of a car that is driven often on the street. We tried the magnetic photo paper and that did not adhere at high speeds!!

I purchased magnets like they use for the door signs on commercial vehicles. We then put our stickers on it. They easily peel off if you need to change stickers from year to year. Jeff even spray painted his to match his car color!

I went to a local T-shirt/sign place that we deal with here in Alexandria - I Design on Alexandria Pike. He sold me a set of 2 white magnet sheets, rounded the corner edges so the wind wouldn't get it, for $40 a set. This was at the mid/end point of the 2006 so the price is probably higher.
I've seen this stuff onlline for cheaper, not sure of quality.

PonymanfiveO
05-11-2008, 03:01 PM
contact Dave. Blackhorse

http://www.hyperperformancemotorsports.com/

Black Horse
05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I can definately get you the magnetic material....just let me know what size you need! (I can also put a layer of vinyl on it to match or highlight your car's color)

nskaats
05-11-2008, 04:24 PM
I already emailed you Dave. I saw your post on the UMTR site. Shoot me an email with prices on the magnetic material and some vinyl. My only problem with the magnetic material is the only steel on the side of my car is the quarter panels. I can work with it though, I'll get you some measurements.