Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What to do with garage floor? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with garage floor?

Walter
05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I am looking to spruce up the look of my garage floor. Id really like to do a black and white checkered tile look, but that may not be good for resale. Let me know if you guys have had experience with any particular brand of epoxy and your opinion on it.

Pics of your garage floor would be great!

PaulFiveOh
05-06-2008, 11:47 PM
I've used the Quickcrete brand Oil based epoxy.

It's nasty shit but it is permanent.

mustangboy
05-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Go check the forums on garagejournal.com. They have alot of very useful feedback.

cstreu1026
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I helped rscoupe put down some Sherwin Williams 3 stage epoxy at his shop. So far it seems to be taking the abuse without a hiccup. I will warn you tough that it really should be applied with an air purifying respirator. I didn't wear one for the first half but you had better believe I will for the second half.

BigBadStang
05-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Just make sure you think about putting the non slip aggregate or plastic chips on it before it dries...that shit is slicker'n fuck when it gets wet if you don't.

barkey
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
On our shop floor we used tile clad it is made by sherwin williams it is the only thing I will ever use again it is made for industrial chemical plants it can be tinted any color we coated our floor 3 years ago and have no chipping peeling or tire transfer from hot tires be pulled on it. We have gotten anything you can think of on it and nothing hurts it the price is reasonable to we did 3000 sq ft for under $500.00

PaulFiveOh
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
3000 sq ft for under $500.00

DAMN. Thats a smoking good deal.

Walter
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
On our shop floor we used tile clad it is made by sherwin williams it is the only thing I will ever use again it is made for industrial chemical plants it can be tinted any color we coated our floor 3 years ago and have no chipping peeling or tire transfer from hot tires be pulled on it. We have gotten anything you can think of on it and nothing hurts it the price is reasonable to we did 3000 sq ft for under $500.00

Ill look into this product. Did you add any type material to add traction?

PaulFiveOh
05-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Hchays ( I think that is it) manages the SW in Milford I do believe.

chris91
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Can this stuff be added to floors that have some cracks? Been wanting to do something with mine recently but it has a couple.

barkey
05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes it can it is an epoxy

chris91
05-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Sweet! Thx!!

redripper
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
ucoatit.com seems to be the whip.

blueoval4ever
05-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Rhino linings home pro, the only way to cover your garage floor.
http://www.rhinolinings.com/about.php?id=4

89notch
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Rhino linings home pro, the only way to cover your garage floor.
http://www.rhinolinings.com/about.php?id=4

Where can you buy this and whats the price?

hchays
05-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes, I am the Manager at the Milford Sherwin Williams. Tile Clad is a good product, but we have better products. It really depends on what you want it to resist, what you are going to do with it and how much you want to spend. Also what kind of and how much prep do you want to do? If you would like to give me more info on what you need a coating to do I would be happy to give you my opinion.

92coupe
05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Yes, I am the Manager at the Milford Sherwin Williams. Tile Clad is a good product, but we have better products. It really depends on what you want it to resist, what you are going to do with it and how much you want to spend. Also what kind of and how much prep do you want to do? If you would like to give me more info on what you need a coating to do I would be happy to give you my opinion.

Do you know Bill and Andy at the sharonville store?

They are brothers i deal with them all the time. Bill is going to hook me up with some of the good floor epoxy.

hchays
05-08-2008, 06:14 AM
I know Bill very well Andy not quit as much. I speak to Bill on a daily basis. They both know there stuff so whatever they tell you to buy, buy it knowing that it will be the right thing. We have a lot of products that will work on a garage floor. It really depends on what you want to do with it. Let me know if I can be any help to anyone for any paint / coatings questions.

blueoval4ever
05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Where can you buy this and whats the price?

I'm not sure if they are set up to do them in Ohio yet since it's just getting started. I will definitely get more info about it as soon as I can and post it up.

Walter
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM

Its a semi smooth concrete floor. It was painted about 15yrs ago and about 85% of that has worn off. Would I need to remove the rest of the paint? So much is gone, most people dont notice it had been painted. As far as chemical resistance, just the basic automotive fluids.

hchays
05-08-2008, 05:03 PM
What I would suggest is to scrape the paint that is left as well as you can, clean the floor with a mild detergent and then acid etch the floor with a muratic acid. That will give you a like new floor to start with and will give you be best suface to apply the epoxy. If you are interested I sell a kit that has everything that you need. It is sold in kits that will cover a one car garage (10x25). I have it in four different colors. That will give you a good basic garage floor coating that will withstand most anything that a normal person would have in the garage. The key is to have a product that will withstand basic solvents and will not lift due to hot tires. Let me know if I can be of any help.

bestracing
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
This is something I've been wanting to do but haven't had the time yet. Good info here, thanks for sharing.

5.0calypso93lx
03-24-2011, 12:18 PM
What I would suggest is to scrape the paint that is left as well as you can, clean the floor with a mild detergent and then acid etch the floor with a muratic acid. That will give you a like new floor to start with and will give you be best suface to apply the epoxy. If you are interested I sell a kit that has everything that you need. It is sold in kits that will cover a one car garage (10x25). I have it in four different colors. That will give you a good basic garage floor coating that will withstand most anything that a normal person would have in the garage. The key is to have a product that will withstand basic solvents and will not lift due to hot tires. Let me know if I can be of any help.

You still up there at the Milford SW? I might swing up there tonight.

5.0calypso93lx
03-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Just got off the phone with the guy up there and the stuff is called Shield Crete. They also sell a Surface Prep and a sealer. They're having a 40% off sale April 8th-10th if anyone cares lol. I'm gonna go up and pick everything up then.