Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
THE SUGGESTIONS BOX [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : THE SUGGESTIONS BOX

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
OK lets try this. For everyone who's unhappy and wants to see change...lets hear some constructive criticism....lets hear some suggestions.

I like that old saying "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got" because it's so true. If we all sit and keep bitching this site is going down the shit hole. If people care enough to make it what it used to be then how do we turn things around? I don't think it's fair to sit back and expect Holly and whoever to magically wave the wand and whip things into shape if "it's the people who make this place what it is".

People screwed up..ok. That point has been pounded out. How do we get past that?

Also...lets keep the bitching out of this one...constructive criticism is positive suggestions, not reiterating on what has already been done.

Holly
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, you are just full of good ideas and good posts today guy. ;)

Thanks for the support!

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I have to say, i don't agree with the banning either...but i love this place. It's been a big force in my life for 4 of the shittiest years of my life. I think you could've handled the banning better....even if Craig deserved it. To me banning Craig makes about as much sense as Tim and Matt banning YOU. On the flip side, i think Craig probably went across the line, but he's grieving too and people handle things differently. I know if he didn't give a damn he wouldn't do anything at all...you just have to work with people and try to understand why they're doing certain things even when they piss you off.

Holly
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
II think you could've handled the banning better....even if Craig deserved it.

I already owned up to that.

To me banning Craig makes about as much sense as Tim and Matt banning YOU.

No can do, I own this site. Matt and Tim never would have done that to me.

I know if he didn't give a damn he wouldn't do anything at all...you just have to work with people and try to understand why they're doing certain things even when they piss you off.

I know, Craig does give a damn, that's why he does the things he does. ;)

But I will say again, I didn't care about SBZ much over the past year, and that's the God's honest truth. I was too wrapped up in my own grief to give a shit about anything, and that is something a lot of people just don't "get". You guys lost your friend, your buddy, your pal - I lost my husband, my best friend, the person I have shared everything in my life with for the past 7 seven years, the person I thought I was going to grow old with, and worse of all, me being the one to find him, that is something that will haunt me forever. I think people expected me to be more active in SBZ and be more active in keeping it going over the last year, when I could have cared less about it, or anything else for that matter. Nobody gives you a handbook on what you are supposed to do, how you are supposed to act when you suddenly lose something so precious to you, and until any of you have to deal with what I have, no one has any right to tell me what I shoulda/coulda done better. I did the best I could under the circumstances.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Holly i can't speak for everyone but i personally understand more than you know. That's why until recently i've just kept my mouth shut, because nobody can tell you how you're supposed to act...in a way you and Craig have that in common...you're both maybe doing something that hurts others (your not caring about the site, his pushing of buttons) but nobody can really say anything because you have to deal with things the only way you know how.

In the end what really matters is what you do afterwards. Are you going to watch the site fall apart or take a more proactive approach than you have in the past? And is Craig going to do the same? (those are rhetorical questions obviously).

This whole thing has just been building like a big nasty zit for a year now. Honestly i feel like if everyone who really cares will pull together then this is what will make this place "what it used to be" or at least as close as it can be without Vinny.

RIXXX93GT
05-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Your right Holly, everyone always says "I would never do that" I was one of those people well I have done many things in my life I never thought I would do because your life changes and circumstances change and until your right in the middle of it and its happening to you, you can say all you want, until it happens to you dont fault others for how they react.

barkey
05-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I say limit the post whores to 2 useless posts a week I can't think of any off the top of my head oh yes I can Paul5oh

facemelter71
05-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I say limit the post whores to 2 useless posts a week I can't think of any off the top of my head oh yes I can Paul5oh

HAHA,give him 5 minutes,he will come in here and tell every one to grow up.

BIGRED Z
05-02-2008, 06:27 PM
No can do, I own this site. Matt and Tim never would have done that to me

My point exactly. Banning Craig is just about as equal to banning you. Shoulda never happened. Period. Even if in Vinny's memory alone.

Holly, I know this has been hard on you. Even harder given your loss. No one feels it as viscerally as you.

But losing Newport ( to me at least) feels like losing Vinny all over again. It should not have happened. Ever, at all, no matter what.

I am not a huge contribution to this board, but I do support you and by extension, Tim and Matt as they were chosen with reason to pick up where Vinny left off.

So I submit that they be given the chance (by their choice of course), by all the members, to a second chance.

People screw up. Being an admin is a tireless thankless job. If they still wanna do it, we should support them and step up to the plate to make this the board what Vinny wanted it to be.

Too all those who bitch it has gone downhill since Vinny died...well step on up.

Holly, you have my support. And if you need me to do something here, I will do it. Just ask. This goes for Tim and Matt as well.

DOPE3
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
hi i have one everybody talks highly of vinney i didnt know him i wish i could have met him i havent been here that long but reading all the post seems like the kind of guy i could get along with allways helping other people would he want this stuff going on or would he want this site to stay strong to help others we all talk of family it feels like that here i hope it stays that way hell i only met 2 of you guys that are on here and they were cool as hell (silvershark,98stangv6) so lets keep it strong and move on thats to the guys that keep this site up an running

Mista Bone
05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Admin is not a fun job.

I'll admit, I would have tossed quite a few more than that was tossed by the people in charge. One would be the person who kept making threads and stiring the pot. Also with the onslaught one admin was walking the tightrope as well with the personal attacks

IMHO enough BS about what happened, you have a few choices.

1) Log out, the button is on the upper right

2) STFU, quit stirring trouble.

3) Step up and and make it better, not worse.

ruby71oh
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
"But losing Newport ( to me at least) feels like losing Vinny all over again. It should not have happened. Ever, at all, no matter what."

I know this is not really the thread to put this at, but this quote is pissing me off lately and it's not the first time someone has mentioned it. You can go to Cincy Speed and visit with Craig anytime, even if he doesn't return to the board. I can't, my family can't and anybody else cannot see Vinny again. It's not like losing Vinny all over again...lose a close family member and you will see. Please people, stop saying that because Craig is no longer on here that he's "gone". Go to the shop and see him, call him on the phone, email him...these are things I can no longer do.

Holly
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
You can go to Cincy Speed and visit with Craig anytime, even if he doesn't return to the board. I can't, my family can't and anybody else cannot see Vinny again. It's not like losing Vinny all over again...lose a close family member and you will see. Please people, stop saying that because Craig is no longer on here that he's "gone". Go to the shop and see him, call him on the phone, email him...these are things I can no longer do.

I'm glad you said it, cuz I was definitely thinking it. ;)