Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
New management, the first 24 hours [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New management, the first 24 hours

KenB
05-02-2008, 10:28 AM
So we are just going to lock threads that have 'run their course' and are 'not constructive'. Who's making these decisions? Looks like more of the same to me.

BMF_RACING
05-02-2008, 10:45 AM
So we are just going to lock threads that have 'run their course' and are 'not constructive'. Who's making these decisions? Looks like more of the same to me.

I agree it is a bunch of Bullshit. You guys (Current Admins.) can pat yourselves on the back, knowing you screwed up a very good thing. Good luck un-doing this mess. :(

Holly
05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
We are just trying to keep the negativity away from the board right now. There are so many bashing threads, it's time for some of them to end. John made the decision to lock that one, it was going nowhere. Those are the type of threads that just cause more animosity amongst members.

Can't we all just get along? :confused:

Holly
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
You guys (Current Admins.) can pat yourselves on the back, knowing you screwed up a very good thing.

The current Admins are John and myself. John is new, and I am just getting back into the swing of things. While I might have had the ADMIN title before, I didn't do any ADMIN work around here, I let Matt and Tim handle everything.

Good luck un-doing this mess. :(

Thanks, we're gonna need it! ;)

BMF_RACING
05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
The current Admins are John and myself. John is new, and I am just getting back into the swing of things. While I might have had the ADMIN title before, I didn't do any ADMIN work around here, I let Matt and Tim handle everything.

Thanks, we're gonna need it! ;)

I agree, it was going no were, but sometimes peeps use it (threads) to vent, but I guess sometimes it gets to a point where something needs to be done. The venting will continue for a while (on and offline). That will take some time and some will never be cool with everything, but thats their deal.:bigthumb

Just glad to see something is being done to help. This site has always been a great site, and has been for too long to crash and burn. Looks like a good start, just need a few weeks to go by so the smoke will clear.

KenB
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
We are just trying to keep the negativity away from the board right now. There are so many bashing threads, it's time for some of them to end. John made the decision to lock that one, it was going nowhere. Those are the type of threads that just cause more animosity amongst members.

Can't we all just get along? :confused:

I think silencing people is a much worse side effect to locking threads. Especially when no rules were broken. When 1-2 people have the power to silence people for a judgement call (nothing really wrong with that thread in my eyes) you're going to piss alot of people off. IMO, threads should very rarely get locked. But I'll keep quiet from here on out.

05yellowgt
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Guys bashing Matt and Tim who have already stepped down and Admins on the site is pointless. They did their very best since taking the reins of the site for the last year plus and because of the circumstances of the last week are stepping down. We need to stop the negativity here before it becomes irreversible. That is why I locked the thread. If anyone ever has an issue or a question about anything going on with the site please PM me about it.

Thank you

KenB
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Guys bashing Matt and Tim who have already stepped down and Admins on the site is pointless.

You think it's pointless. So we are only to discuss what you see worthy?

jlt2006
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Running Damage Control can really suck sometimes.

Quote "We need to stop the negativity here before it becomes irreversible."

Isn't censorship just another word for dictatorship?

RIXXX93GT
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow all I hear is endless bitching.

05yellowgt
05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
You think it's pointless. So we are only to discuss what you see worthy?
Yes Ken I believe bashing Matt and Tim who no longer run the site is pointless.

cobrajoe
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM

I agree it is a bunch of Bullshit. You guys (Current Admins.) can pat yourselves on the back, knowing you screwed up a very good thing. Good luck un-doing this mess. :(

OK. Did I miss the "everything is fixed now button"? We need to give this more than a DAY to straighten out! Come on give this site a CHANCE to recover first then we can comment(adjust) accordingly. JMO:cool2:

dirtyone55
05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
What good comes out of bashing people that have already stepped down?

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 02:04 PM
People....Craig is unbanned, people have left their posts, been banned and voluntarily left, apologies have been given out and changes have been made. I don't see what more can be done.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but how is Holly or anyone else supposed to prevent people from bitching?

I say, take all this shit to the Rants section and lock anything negative that's posted anywhere else, then let it go...don't lock anything in the Rants section unless it violates the terms of service and let people vent. If people are so pissed that all they wanna do is bitch and moan then they'll only be posting in the Rants section so nobody has to read it if they don't want to. Then maybe the rest of the forum and members who want to move on can do so in peace and the ones who don't will either post in the Rants section every day or they'll go elsewhere.

I don't know what more can be said that hasn't already been said. Whether they admit to doing the wrong thing is a moot point now because Craig is back...he signed on this morning. Whether he'll jump back into the swing of things is his choice now. You can't undo what's been done so i say either let it go or go elsewhere...and that's not meant to be an insult or dick thing to say...it's just that you can't heal wounds with the knife still in the cut.

cobrajoe
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
People....Craig is unbanned, people have left their posts, been banned and voluntarily left, apologies have been given out and changes have been made. I don't see what more can be done.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but how is Holly or anyone else supposed to prevent people from bitching?

I say, take all this shit to the Rants section and lock anything negative that's posted anywhere else, then let it go...don't lock anything in the Rants section unless it violates the terms of service and let people vent. If people are so pissed that all they wanna do is bitch and moan then they'll only be posting in the Rants section so nobody has to read it if they don't want to. Then maybe the rest of the forum and members who want to move on can do so in peace and the ones who don't will either post in the Rants section every day or they'll go elsewhere.

I don't know what more can be said that hasn't already been said. Whether they admit to doing the wrong thing is a moot point now because Craig is back...he signed on this morning. Whether he'll jump back into the swing of things is his choice now. You can't undo what's been done so i say either let it go or go elsewhere...and that's not meant to be an insult or dick thing to say...it's just that you can't heal wounds with the knife still in the cut.

well said!

KenB
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
The point of my post that threads shouldn't be getting locked EVER in my opinion unless there is a good reason for it. That means breaking the rules. No rules were broken in that thread but because the new admin felt the thread to be 'pointless' we can't discuss it anymore. That is precisely why we have a new admin, the membership here thought that we were being overmoderated yet that is the first thing the new guys does. I guess I'm the only one that sees it that way.

Doesn't sound like a good change to me. I said it earlier but kept posting. But I'll stick to it, I'll keep quiet about it and see how it goes I guess.

facemelter71
05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Im not tryin to add fuel to the fire,but are we all supposed to be on our best behavior or something????

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Ken i completely agree with you about closing threads....and i also understand Holly's (or whoever closed them) attempt at weeding out negativity...that's why i suggested moving this crap to where it belongs anyways...in the Rants section. Isn't that section supposed to be a little looser about bitching?

Honestly i feel like things might be all but lost, but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. I just know that it's going to take time, and it's only been like 2 days. There's too many cool people on here for me to just say screw this place i'm going to _______ forum from now on, because that to me is abandoning the members and not so much the people who are blamed for this. I will say i probably won't be spending as much time over here, but i'm watching to see how things change too.

I understand the frustration of some of the guys who were banned, but that doesn't solve anything. To sit and say "F*ck Stangbangerz" because a few people made the wrong decision is saying "F*ck all the friends i have here and fuck all the good times i've had here too" which is completely stupid.

I don't think walking away or doing nothing but bitching is a way of fixing anything.

Brandon Alsept
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM

He hasnt been on since he was banned. He has tried but the IP is still locked at all locations.:rolleyes:
That also might be a good thing since he is still pissed at the two former admins know as Hitler and Stalin.:lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
His profile says he was just on at 2:17pm today.

Holly
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
He hasnt been on since he was banned. He has tried but the IP is still locked at all locations.:rolleyes:

We have been trying to figure that out all morning. I think (hope) I fixed it, I found a quick fix in the Admin section, after surfing around it every since I got back from lunch today. Glad my boss is out of town this week. ;)

facemelter71
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I dont think these guys are bitchen about Craig bein banned or anything.You brought that up.Its the fact that the new guy locked a thread.Thats not cool.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I dont think these guys are bitchen about Craig bein banned or anything.You brought that up.Its the fact that the new guy locked a thread.Thats not cool.

Ok...you're right. But it all stems from the banning right?

Again, here we are going back and forth making a 5 page thread about nothing. This doesn't solve anything.

What are we going to do about locking threads?

facemelter71
05-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Ok...you're right. But it all stems from the banning right?

Again, here we are going back and forth making a 5 page thread about nothing. This doesn't solve anything.

What are we going to do about locking threads?

No,the way i see it is it stems from the way Matt was and how he managed his part.These's guy's (myself included) dont want another person abusing powers to just lock this or delete that.Im not sayin that is what type of person YELLOW is,i just dont want it to happen again.And if they open another thred to voice there opinion about it,why should they be critized?????

RIXXX93GT
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Its better handled through PM's.

ponymom05
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Let's just go to Staples and get one of those EASY buttons!!

Mista Bone
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I swing swift and true......

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/The_Bone_Hammer.gif

Rick93coupe
05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I feel the same way when it comes to locking threads, especially if they're in the Rants section. I mean, isn't that what the section is for? Although I have to say that since the former admins stepped down, there's not really a good reason to keep talking about it. Hell, move on and lets tackle what ever happens next. I'll be glad when people stop acting like this shit is life and death. Its a freakin website for Gods sake. As far as Johns role as an admin, I don't know the guy, never met him, but I have seen him at Mikes shop. I do think he's begging for more of the same b/s if he decides to come in and start locking things down too.

mustang8998
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I feel the same way when it comes to locking threads, especially if they're in the Rants section. I mean, isn't that what the section is for? Although I have to say that since the former admins stepped down, there's not really a good reason to keep talking about it. Hell, move on and lets tackle what ever happens next. I'll be glad when people stop acting like this shit is life and death. Its a freakin website for Gods sake. As far as Johns role as an admin, I don't know the guy, never met him, but I have seen him at Mikes shop. I do think he's begging for more of the same b/s if he decides to come in and start locking things down too.

As long as he runs the site better than he does burn-outs! :bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
05-02-2008, 07:03 PM
The point of my post that threads shouldn't be getting locked EVER in my opinion unless there is a good reason for it. That means breaking the rules. No rules were broken in that thread but because the new admin felt the thread to be 'pointless' we can't discuss it anymore. That is precisely why we have a new admin, the membership here thought that we were being overmoderated yet that is the first thing the new guys does. I guess I'm the only one that sees it that way.

Doesn't sound like a good change to me. I said it earlier but kept posting. But I'll stick to it, I'll keep quiet about it and see how it goes I guess.

I'll put in a 2nd for this!

05yellowgt
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Well I am definately not the lock a thread type of guy. The reason I locked it is exactly what Rick93coupe said, Matt and Tim aren't admins anymore so there isn't any need to continue bashing them. I am far from a nazi when it comes to administrating a board. The users generally do a good job of regulating themselves and if it gets out of hand or violates the rules then a mod or admin should step in. Otherwise I am more concerned with making sure that each and every time someone logs into Stangbangerz that the site loads and everything works as it should.

All I ask is that you guys give me a fair shake and I will help Holly run the site to the best of my abilities.

03silversnake
05-03-2008, 08:16 AM
my question is why are there rules. its the internet you cant hurt someone on the internet. one of the best site i hang out on is yellow bullet as far as i know they have no rules. people say what they want. and whats wrong with that.who cares if someone gets there feelings hurt.they probally deserved it.

cstreu1026
05-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately some people take the internet way too seriously and stuff that happens on an internet forums can easily spill over into the real world.

mach_u
05-03-2008, 09:16 AM
As long as he runs the site better than he does burn-outs! :bigthumb
:lol: Sorry John, don't know that you are losing that rep anytime soon. haha

my question is why are there rules. its the internet you cant hurt someone on the internet. one of the best site i hang out on is yellow bullet as far as i know they have no rules. people say what they want. and whats wrong with that.who cares if someone gets there feelings hurt.they probally deserved it.
Because Vinny in his wisdom created them. "Just the internet" or not - things can get out of hand very quickly. i.e. people can start throwing out personal attacks, sellers can screw people over, etc. The idea is to have limited rules that keep things in line so that a handful of people don't run off the majority. :bigthumb

05yellowgt
05-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah I think I am going to be that F'er that helped ruin burnouts for a long time coming. I have gotten a lot of practice since then though!! :lol::lol: I guess it is better to be known for something than forgotten for nothing.

MrsAPE
05-03-2008, 09:47 AM

THANKS Cathy..I just snorted my coffee!! :lol:

KenB
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM

I actually have one of these, it's much more useful.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/incrediblegifts_1996_73336838

The sayings are pretty funny.

Here's the audio.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/incrediblegifts/mov--SUN-32651g.mpg

Black Horse
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
OMG I have GOT to get one of those! Thanks Ken, you made my day!

95turbocharged
05-03-2008, 11:17 AM
thats f..king great!!!

mustangoutlaw
05-03-2008, 02:04 PM
The BS button! :lol: That's great Ken....:bigthumb

Katmandu
05-10-2008, 03:57 AM
"Just the internet" or not - things can get out of hand very quickly. i.e. people can start throwing out personal attacks, sellers can screw people over, etc. :bigthumbYea! Just wait for NFL season to start! :lol:

How bout everyone bury their friggin hatchets and move on down the dusty trail ? :confused:

Forgive and Forget and let everyone get back to being a CIVILIZED Mustang Community once again. :bigthumb