Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stangbangerz [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stangbangerz

Holly
05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
First, I’m going to start by saying, NOBODY wanted to run SBZ after Vinny passed away, nobody wanted the responsibility, so Matt (Black Hole) and Tim (08 Vette) stepped up and decided to help. I was still “helping” until the finger pointing got to be too much for me, I was driving myself insane with it all (being upset ALL the time), so they offered to completely take over. I accepted their offer and told them I would support them in anything they decided. And I did, until Craig was banned. I knew Craig was on his way to being banned, he was warned a few times. I never wanted him banned, but I felt like I should back them up and support the two people who have helped me more than anybody with this web board. So I let it happen. I should have stepped up, talked to Craig, talked to Tim and Matt about how I felt, but I didn’t, it was easier to just sit back and watch. I have had the worse year of my life, to say the least. There’s not a lot of confrontation I can handle right now. This board got to where I didn’t give a rat’s ass about it anymore, I was ready to shut it down, because of the money accusations, the way we ran it accusations, and everything else that goes along with owning a web site. I had other things on my mind, like dealing with the death of my husband, learning to live alone, trying to pay the bills after going from two salaries to one, I could go on and on, but I won’t bore you with my own problems. Bottom line is, I turned over the responsibility of this board to Matt and Tim, and nobody liked it, period. I didn’t make Matt an Administrator, Vinny did. He is the one VINNY chose to help him, nobody understands the intensity of that (to me anyway).

Matt and Tim have resigned as Administrators of Stangbangerz. They are tired of it, as Vinny was, but he didn’t quit, because he couldn’t (believe me, there were times that he wanted to close this website down). You guys didn’t hear how much he hated it at times, only his close friends got to hear that, the rest of you got the fun loving Vinny that was always cracking jokes and making friends with everybody.

I have unbanned Craig. I don’t "think" him and I have a problem with each other, we made our peace back in February. It’s up to him whether he wants to come back and be a part of SBZ. SBZ is going to stay up and running and 05yellowgt (John Stewart) from Dayton is going to help me run it (with him being the brains behind it all). :lol: He is going to be the only other administrator on here. I am going to keep the moderators we currently have, that want to stay, and I am adding Kelly Shotwell as a moderator of the lounge and parts for sale area, he has time to help, and we are going to need all the help we can get. I am also adding Silver Bullet (Terry Eshman) as a moderator. Those will be the only changes made right now.

I apologize for all the chaos and aggravation and DRAMA that has been brought to this board over the past 48 hours. I also apologize for waiting so long to respond to everyone, but quite honestly, I have been a complete wreck for the past couple of days and in no shape to talk to anybody about anything.

I want to publicly thank Matt and Tim for everything they have done to help me keep SBZ alive over the past 14 months. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or John. Please keep the negative comments out of this thread, I just want everybody to be friends again, and I want this board back to the way Vinny wanted it. I have had SO many phone calls and emails from people begging me not to shut it down, so I'm gonna give it whirl here and try to keep it going, for Vinny. ;)

Thanks for listening.

Holly Changet

PaulFiveOh
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Holly.

Sincerely,

Thanks for everything you do. You are an integral part of the Stangbangerz Spirit.

Kelly & Terry are 2 wonderful additions to the "management" of SB.

MADMOD
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks Holly for all you do for us on Stangbangerz we all appreciate it.

kennebellcobra
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM

:wstupid:Thanks

KobraII
05-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I wish there was something I could do to help. Mainly I lurk around, reading a lot more than posting, but I haven't been here too long, so...

95turbocharged
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM

:wstupid:Thanks

:agree::wstupid::bigthumb

DeckerEnt
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Holly for posting that. I really hope it clears alot of things up. Sit back and take a breather now.
Keith

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks Holly we will try our hardest not to let you down...or at least I will do my best. Thanks!!!

Greg Seibert
05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Never Fear The Approaching Darkness. The Sun Will Shine On A Fairer Day
We will support your decisions Holly.:)
God Bless You.

5.0calypso93lx
05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Holly, that means a lot. I hate to see Tim and Matt go, but I can understand with all the crappy threads that have been started these past few days, why they made that decision.

beentryin
05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
i didnt personally know vinny or holly but ive been a part of sbz for awhile now,and love to rep sbz thankyou for keeping it going,its a honor to be part of sbz

beefcake
05-01-2008, 06:59 PM
just tell john to watch out during the burnouts lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

djom1cincy
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I didn' know Vinny nor do i know Holly. I've only been on the site since the fall cruise. I dont know many from the site but I have to say that I love getting on here and being around other stang lovers. Thank you for keeping it going and letting me be apart of this great site.:bigthumb

05yellowgt
05-01-2008, 07:11 PM
just tell john to watch out during the burnouts lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hey quit bringing that up. Just when I thought that I could stop therapy for that you just had to put me back another 6 months worth of progress!:lol::lol::lol:

dedpedal
05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
whatever it takes Holly. Im glad things are getting back to normal.

untamed
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks Holly, I'm sorry that you have been going through all of this shit. I hope people will let it go now and we can all get along again for Vinny's sake. This is to good of a thing to let go of. I have made some great friends because of this site, including you. I don't want to see anything happen to make you shut down this board. I would have nothing to do with my spare time....I have became a STANGBANGERZ Junkie.:lol::lol:

Waffles
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Great post Holly. I'm all in.

cobrajoe
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Let me know if you need a daytime helper! I'm here!

Katmandu
05-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Holly, You don't need to apologize for anything around here! Considering everything life has thrown your way this past year, you've done a fantastic job on here and also keeping everything else together! :bigthumb Don't worry yourself over us stupid Stangers! :tongue2:

I'd suggest letting the folks you placed in charge do their think and take a vacation from all this madness!

Everyone NEEDS to remember and understand this point! This IS the INTERNET people!!!

Folks turn into Keyboard Rambos and say shit that they would NEVER say to one's face. The overwhelming majority of folks on here ARE DECENT people!

Also, owning/maintaining and moderating a large Messageboard is NO JOKE! It's WAY more of a PITA than the average poster could EVER imagine!

I was one of the original Moderators (2000) over on www.Crownvic.net That site now has over 12,000 Members and has almost 500,000 postings in their Lounge right now. I threw in the towel a few years ago when the drama became to much to handle. We had a couple Police Impersonator incidents that caught the attention of the National media. I won't elaborate any further..... :rolleyes:

What I'm getting at is folks NEED to give the Moderators a break and give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes. The Moderators need to do the same for the Members. If folks have a problem with things are handled, do it BEHIND the scenes! Keep the personal attacks private or in the Whipping room!

If I'm not mistaken, Vinny's vision for SBZ was for a place for ALL Stangers to hang out and enjoy!

Let's keep Vinny's vision ALIVE and get back to giving each other RESPECT they deserve. :cool2:

89notch
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Holly you know I will do what I can to help out and if you need anything else just ask.

NXcoupe
05-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for keeping sbz alive. I also want to thank Tim and Matt for all they have done to keep the site alive over the past year. Matt worked hard to get sbz moved over to the server it is currently on so we could all enjoy the speed and reliability it has today. If everyone could remember the good things and just let the bad go, it would be a better place. I for one will be glad to see the place get back to normal.

BMF_RACING
05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Holly,
good post. Keep in mind that with some effort and time, all things will get better. :)

Stang 38L
05-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Holly!!

Metcalf Racing
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
05yellowgt is great choice to run the show!!! Best decision I've seen in along time by far..... I've allways like Tim also, but Blackhole has allways been a retard

Foxxx5oh
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
:) Looks like things are starting to look up after all :)

Thank you Holly!

ruby71oh
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
If it ever comes time for the site to go, just give me about a 2 week warning so that I can print out everything that Vinny posted. I miss my brother and hope that this site can stay alive to keep his memory in our hearts. Love you sister!!!