Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pull-Together [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pull-Together

Black Horse
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I think it is time we step back and drop our sticks and start pulling together. Before the tide of destruction spreads any further we need to stop, consider what we want out of this site and go build it.

Think of what this bunch has done just since the passing of Vinny:
- Supported Holly in her time of need to make sure she could stand and move forward on her own.
- Built a Pink's car that competed and WON!
- Had the largest cruise-in EVER!
- Had a real track-day (Powerfest)
- Empowered a whole new section of our community, our lovely women, to go out and go fast!

Think what we could do if we really pulled TOGETHER!

This site is not about Vinny (hold on a sec, I know what you are thinking). Vinny didn't build it so he could be king of the mountain and have people bow in reverence. Rather Vinny gathered up the tools and the help to build one hell of a foundation. A foundation cemented in friendships and families.

It's up to us to continue what Vinny had started. Do we want the foundation to fill in and cover over and be forgotten? I sure as hell don't.

Let's set down our sticks, embrace our differences, pick up the hammers and wrenches to build something so remarkable on that foundation that our ancestors will remain in awe!

Let us not push apart....rather Pull TOGETHER!

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
That could not have been worded any better Dave!!!

kennebellcobra
05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Amen brother. It sucks what has happened to this sight lately but hopefully it will survive and become better. I have met alot of great people on here and has become a second family. I would hate to see it end. I seen that Craig is unbanned so hopefully he will return and him and Holly can work things out and maybe together bring back the old Stangbangerz we all love.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
While i agree, everything you just said are things that i would say in response as to why NOT to ban such a significant member of the "family". I'm personally of the opinion that i'm really not sure how to act, what to say or do on this site anymore. I feel like there is much less value put on the members of this site than i thought there was and that makes me feel less important and less appreciated.

Maybe that's just me though. I just can't seem to step back and get over it because it's not how i personally handle things. My own best friend has f'ed me over plenty of times, even going so far as to put the moves on my woman once. He's done plenty of things that would warrant a serious ass beating and complete disowning but i worked it out with him because people make mistakes. As a friend you deal with the shit and you kiss and make up because good friends are hard to find and even harder to replace.

Sharad
05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm on board for the rebuild.

mach_u
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
+1! Glad to see Craig is back in the picture. Let's move on guys and make this the awesome place I know it is! :bigthumb

cobrajoe
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
That could not have been worded any better Dave!!!

+1

Still offering to help out thru the day, I can be bored sometimes!

RIXXX93GT
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Well said Black Horse. You guys still have a good thing going on down here, if everyone could just stop the name calling and chest pounding for awhile the true spirit of the board could be seen again. Its not an easy task to manage a board as big as this one but its still small enough for people to have very personal feelings about the events that unfold on the site, everyone knows everyone else. We all live in the same general area. Treat each other with respect and get back on track.

95turbocharged
05-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I think it is time we step back and drop our sticks and start pulling together. Before the tide of destruction spreads any further we need to stop, consider what we want out of this site and go build it.

Think of what this bunch has done just since the passing of Vinny:
- Supported Holly in her time of need to make sure she could stand and move forward on her own.
- Built a Pink's car that competed and WON!
- Had the largest cruise-in EVER!
- Had a real track-day (Powerfest)
- Empowered a whole new section of our community, our lovely women, to go out and go fast!

Think what we could do if we really pulled TOGETHER!

This site is not about Vinny (hold on a sec, I know what you are thinking). Vinny didn't build it so he could be king of the mountain and have people bow in reverence. Rather Vinny gathered up the tools and the help to build one hell of a foundation. A foundation cemented in friendships and families.

It's up to us to continue what Vinny had started. Do we want the foundation to fill in and cover over and be forgotten? I sure as hell don't.

Let's set down our sticks, embrace our differences, pick up the hammers and wrenches to build something so remarkable on that foundation that our ancestors will remain in awe!

Let us not push apart....rather Pull TOGETHER!
+1

Amen brother. It sucks what has happened to this sight lately but hopefully it will survive and become better. I have met alot of great people on here and has become a second family. I would hate to see it end. I seen that Craig is unbanned so hopefully he will return and him and Holly can work things out and maybe together bring back the old Stangbangerz we all love.
+1

Well said Black Horse. You guys still have a good thing going on down here, if everyone could just stop the name calling and chest pounding for awhile the true spirit of the board could be seen again. Its not an easy task to manage a board as big as this one but its still small enough for people to have very personal feelings about the events that unfold on the site, everyone knows everyone else. We all live in the same general area. Treat each other with respect and get back on track.
+1 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb

beefcake
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
well said brother dave

Black92LX
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Dave is spot on!

I have no idea what the disagreement is about and honestly I could really care less.
I have been on this board for many years now and have come to admire and respect those on both sides of the argument.
It would be tragic to loose any one of them from this site.

We need to put it back together. Those that keep nit picking and calling names and trying to place blame on individuals need to stop.
This website has come a long way since it's inception it would be sad for it to be lost over one incident.

PaulFiveOh
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Amen.

We can accomplish HUGE things when we man up and work together.

dedpedal
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Its up to us. We're going to either make it great again or tear it apart and go our seperate ways. Me, for one is ready to make this website great.
Thanks Dave. Well said.

untamed
05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Its up to us. We're going to either make it great again or tear it apart and go our seperate ways. Me, for one is ready to make this website great.
Thanks Dave. Well said.

+1:bigthumb:bigthumb

wolverine8490
05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I just wish everyone here could put as much time in to helping people as they have bashing everything and everybody. Just think if we could get all these responses/new threads in a positive way... I have not seen this much action on here since I signed up.

I personally think this is a pretty good place to hang around. I am around all over, but it is pretty cool that stangbangerz is mostly local people and full of knowledgeable people that are very helpful.

As soon as I get my ride moving again, I hope to get out and meet some more people, as the few I have met so far seem like really awesome people.

Holly
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I personally think this is a pretty good place to hang around. I am around all over, but it is pretty cool that stangbangerz is mostly local people and full of knowledgeable people that are very helpful.

Hmmm.... where have I heard that before? Oh wait, I remember.

You wouldn't believe how many times I heard him say that. ;)

DeckerEnt
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I am on board for the rebuild too. What ever it takes, count me in. I have had so much fun on here. Besides, my wife can't stand it. Let's plan something. Anything. Just something to get started. Get the juices flowing. You all are invited to my Farm Party at the end of this month. That would be a start.
Keith