PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Force, First female funny car winner!

beefcake
04-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Suprised someone else hadn't posted this.

Sundays race was awesome.

John and Ashley in the finals.

John going for his 500th career win and ashley goin for her first.

John spun at the bump and was out!

Not to mention first female to ever hold the points lead.

I remember telling my wife at the us nationals.

"now, if ashley says i have to go with her, i'll have to leave ya hone" lol

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Rock on!

cobrajoe
04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Hell yes!

jlt2006
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Hell yes, it was only a matter of time.

gtbadboy
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
It look like her dad let her win.

beefcake
04-30-2008, 12:34 PM
It look like her dad let her win.

no chance in hell

did you watch his interview?

04 Venom
04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
no chance in hell

did you watch his interview?

Sorry Beef, but I also believe the Old Man took one for her. If I am not mistaken, he had lane choice and took the left lane with the bump, when he was in the right lane the previous round. Regardless, John couldn't lose regardless of the outcome. It was great to watch it on TV. My two sons are condiderably older than John's daughters, but there is nothing better than seeing your children doing well.

Mista Bone
04-30-2008, 05:03 PM
they had John and Coil mic'd and they were worried about smoking the tires before running......

04 Venom
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
they had John and Coil mic'd and they were worried about smoking the tires before running......

Yeah I remember them saying that, but they also knew they were miked and wouldn't have said anything to take away from the "television moment" when Ashley won. I just went to NHRA.com and confirmed that John ran low e.t. for the meet in the semi-final round against Bob Tasca in the right lane, which was undoubtedly better during eliminations. Then, he gives up the right lane to take the left against Ashley. Maybe he didn't tank the race, but he certainly gave Ashley the advantage by giving her the right lane. Not criticizing John (he is God after all); I'd have done the same thing if my kid was racing for the first funny car race. It was great television and great for Ford.

dedpedal
04-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Not to mention that he will probably get his 1000th round win next week on his bday. Hes a great bussiness mind either way. Not only the first female to win an event in FC AND lead the points, but Force racing will be in the spotlight two weeks in a row. Damn good business sense if you ask me.

Timido
04-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Think about it. It took John a long time to get the first win under his belt. Ashley who is first in points now has a win and a solid points lead. I think she deserves the win and I hope she whips up on the old man next week and wins anouther. You know John Force will get anouther win anyway.

RIXXX93GT
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
That was a gimmy from Dad but he would have had a hard time beating her anyways she laid down a good run in the final. I knew when you heard John and the crew talking before the run......Uh you dont think we may smoke the tires right off the hit do ya......Oh no man no way John...yea right. Dont get me wrong she is shaping up to be a hell of a driver if she can just get more consistent on the tree. Kudos to Ashley she just made history!

bbfstanger
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
me and my brother were sittin there and right before i said watch john will go up in smoke and then they were mic'd and talkin about it and then boom there it was. i know i ain't pshycic,heck i cant even spell it!
i love ashley think its great she got one under her belt either way.

Mista Bone
04-30-2008, 10:06 PM
John stayed away from Ashley and the interview. I believe he was more pissed that he smoked the tires and didn't give her a fair run.

During Elims Ashley was sideways/drifting before the car started sashsaying and she had to lift. Only her second year in a shorter WB FB when she has been driving rails. Antron Brown can drive, throw him in a FC for a few passes, he'll be scared.

beefcake
04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
John stayed away from Ashley and the interview. I believe he was more pissed that he smoked the tires and didn't give her a fair run.

During Elims Ashley was sideways/drifting before the car started sashsaying and she had to lift. Only her second year in a shorter WB FB when she has been driving rails. Antron Brown can drive, throw him in a FC for a few passes, he'll be scared.

i agree, 100%, i do not believe he gave it to her

and i'm loving antron in top fuel too!

sucks glidden at the bottom and out round 1 again

Buckeye
04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok since noone else said it on top of being a good driver she is hot as hell (smart too so it that adds a few points too)

04 Venom
04-30-2008, 11:27 PM

An alternative explanation is that John didn't want to take attention away from her moment.

evil666stang
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
i wish she would marrie me!!! LOL

Mista Bone
05-01-2008, 04:24 AM
she's already engaged

firestang70
05-01-2008, 06:59 AM
I put in an application to be her oil boy. I will let you all know when I get the job.

02mingryGT
05-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Too bad she'll have to beat someone other than her dad for most to think it was legitimate. I'm amazed by how many psychics we have living in the area.

beefcake
05-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Too bad she'll have to beat someone other than her dad for most to think it was legitimate. I'm amazed by how many psychics we have living in the area.

he is tougher on his kids than anyone,

i do not believe for a minute he would give it to her, and again, watching the interview, he looked pretty upset,

he's not that good of an actor and he doesn't hide emotion well, if you watched him for any length of time you know that

02mingryGT
05-01-2008, 08:53 AM
he is tougher on his kids than anyone,

i do not believe for a minute he would give it to her, and again, watching the interview, he looked pretty upset,

he's not that good of an actor and he doesn't hide emotion well, if you watched him for any length of time you know that

Oh don't mistake me Beef. I agree with you. I'm just laughing at everyone who "JUST KNOWS" he let her win. I say take it at face value and leave it at that.

Mista Bone
05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
He wanted her to win, no doubt in my mind. But he wanted to be side by side and make her earn it.

Everyone knows John is very "vocal"......he literally looked like a dog with his tail between his legs fior getting embarassed like that.

Timido
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM
He let her win that.

69428SCJ
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think it goes without saying.....
:postpix:

Mista Bone
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZU6CbwN4gE

69428SCJ
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM