Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Let hear from the PEOPLE [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Let hear from the PEOPLE

Brandon Alsept
04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Should Maximus have been banned?

Lets hear it from the members that make up this site, and make it what it is.:bigthumb

BLACKHAWK
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
NO......

HELL NO...............

evil666stang
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
i dont know the story, and its probaly none of my buisness but i thought he was cool and he always had positive replies to my post/threads. i dont think he did nothing wrong so no.

Bluecrew07
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Sorry i didnt see this. guess we had the same idea....

No he shouldnt be banned!!

92coupe
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
You gotta wonder who the Tool is that, Thinks he should have been banned.

Bluecrew07
04-29-2008, 09:31 PM
You gotta wonder who the Tool is that, Thinks he should have been banned.

Dun Dun Dun

Stangman
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I say no... someone has to stand up and speak out loud

Soooo... who voted yes???

92coupe
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM

That's not a long walk!

NO SHOT
04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I say no!!!!

Bluecrew07
04-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I say no... someone has to stand up and speak out loud

well there is 4 votes for yes and i can only think of 3 people for sure so who is the fourth?

Stangman
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
That's not a long walk!

Do what?

well there is 4 votes for yes and i can only think of 3 people for sure so who is the fourth?

Thats what I was wondering, I voted to keep him

Bluecrew07
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Do what?

Thats what I was wondering, I voted to keep him
Me too

mustangrfast88
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
craig is a awsome guy and hell no he shouldnt of been banned i ever have a question he has always came threw for me

Kwik92GT
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
NO!
This poll won't matter in his banning but at least we'll see who has Craig's back. Funny how anyone who has voted yes so far hasn't posted why they feel the way they do ...... cowards.

93hulk
04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
no.:mad:

k062693w
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
No as well!! I never met him and only knew him through the board, and the posts he made as well as responses to other posts. But through his comments in my posts as well as others, He seemed like a really cool guy.

dedpedal
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I dont think he should have been banned but more important: THERES 4 PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IT!
All this damn gradeschool pissing match crap is really getting to ME. Let it lay and let those involved handle it.

Brandon Alsept
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
THERES 4 PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IT!

That is true. But, it doesn't make much sense to try and be reasonable with three people that have already made there minds up on the subject.

dedpedal
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
That is true. But, it doesn't make much sense to try and be reasonable with three people that have already made there minds up on the subject.

Brandon, I really respect you for standing up for a friend so publicly but I feel that its not any of our bussiness and we should let those people work it out one way or another. All these posts are doing nothing but adding fuel to a fire thats allready bad. I would personaly ask everyone to drop it before it simply becomes tragic and all the sudden theres nothing. Do you really think thats what Vinny wanted this site to become? It truly pains me to read these threads and see the childishness involved. Craig is one of my closest friends, but this is not my fight/arguement/pissing match.
Again, Please let it drop.
Kev

jayz2slk
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Brandon, I really respect you for standing up for a friend so publicly but I feel that its not any of our bussiness and we should let those people work it out one way or another. All these posts are doing nothing but adding fuel to a fire thats allready bad. I would personaly ask everyone to drop it before it simply becomes tragic and all the sudden theres nothing. Do you really think thats what Vinny wanted this site to become? It truly pains me to read these threads and see the childishness involved. Craig is one of my closest friends, but this is not my fight/arguement/pissing match.
Kev

Kinda hard for him to fight it also

HRSEPWR
04-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I vote NO, and this is my reasoning:

I don't personally know Craig nor do I know the full situation for the banning. I only know Craig throught board and he seemed pretty cool. What I do know is when I read these posts just from today I see that clearly there is no justification for banning him, it seems very personal to me. I mean look at this thread alone, in one hour almost 50 people have replied voting no for the ban, so to the admins, why would you ban a member that is thought so highly of on this site? Correct me if I'm wrong, but SBZ is what it is because of the members, granted you (the admins) may keep this site alive, but you wouldn't have a site to control if we (members) weren't here posting and keeping it active. So my vote is NO, unless the admins has a better explanation that justifies they're action.

I know this vote doesn't change anything but I feel better putting in my .02 cents... :flipoff:

wht_stang
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
I voted no of course. I've always liked Craig.

Waffles
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I absolutely vote no. I have no idea why he was banned, and that's the reason he shouldn't have been banned. I'm on the site a dozen times every day, and I have no idea why he's been banned, that must mean it didn't affect the site.

Craig is one of the coolest people I've met from this site. I've been an internet junkie since 1989, longer than I'm sure most people here even knew it existed. I've moderated forums way back to the days of BBS's. I've owned several websites. I can't imagine why you would ban someone from a forum who is not disturbing the forum. Just my 2 cents.

The real problem is, what do you do now? Now that he's been banned, do you un-ban him? Would he come back? By the sheer terms of the vote, it's obvious the membership doesn't agree. However, Stangbangerz isn't a club. It's a business that someone owns. We are their guests.

HRSEPWR
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
However, Stangbangerz isn't a club. It's a business that someone owns. We are their guests.

:agree: So with that said if the guests aren't happy they usually go somewhere else, then the "business" goes out of business, so why piss off your "customers"???

more of my .02 cents, now I'm up to .04 cents, man this shits startin to get expensive... :flipoff::lol:

Metcalf Racing
04-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Brandon, I really respect you for standing up for a friend so publicly but I feel that its not any of our business and we should let those people work it out one way or another. All these posts are doing nothing but adding fuel to a fire thats allready bad. I would personally ask everyone to drop it before it simply becomes tragic and all the sudden theres nothing. Do you really think thats what Vinny wanted this site to become? It truly pains me to read these threads and see the childishness involved. Craig is one of my closest friends, but this is not my fight/arguement/pissing match.
Kev
If this is the big "Family" you all pretend it to be it would be everyones business. Family fights for Family

Waffles
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
The customers are actually the advertisers. We are not customers as we do not pay for access to the site. It's like saying that you are a customer of Google. However, the membership is what enables the business to have customers in the first place. When a client buys advertising, the questions they want to know are user traffic statistics. How many active users? (That's us.) How many hits per day? (Us again.) Etc. Pissing off your membership on a website is a little like taking your billboard off of I-75 and putting it on KY-491. I dunno, just some perspective I guess. Seems counter productive to me.

dedpedal
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
If this is the big "Family" you all pretend it to be it would be everyones business. Family fights for Family
Thanks Craig. You seem to just WANT to pick a fight. WTG guy. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Metcalf Racing
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
You can suck them off if you want........

Brandon Alsept
04-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Kev

I wish I could let it drop Kevin. This is one of those things that I can't seem to look past. One of my best friends that I owe a lot of who I am today was done extremely wrong and I can't just let that drop.

beefcake
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I try to stay neutral on this stuff.

I know craig has been here a long time, as I have, from the beginning.

There are always 2 sides to every story. I've seen and heard some things that I can understand would make craig upset. And, I've seen and heard things that craig supposedly said that make me upset with him.

But, in the end, its all hearsay and it's hard to be judge and jury when you don't know the full story.

I will definately miss craigs rants and did vote a no.

dedpedal
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
You can suck them off if you want........

gee. Real impressive. Again thanks. Im not saying anyones right about it, but you and the rest of the people who keep yelling doom and gloom are doing nothing to help the site that you seem more than determined to destroy. Mabbe you could use that energy and enthusiasm to provide something good for the site? Naaa, I doubt you could. Again, many thanks. Just keep making my day with your insults.

Metcalf Racing
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
It doesn't matter what was said or done off the site. If it wasn't done n the site then what the hell does it matter

Metcalf Racing
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
gee. Real impressive. Again thanks. Im not saying anyones right about it, but you and the rest of the people who keep yelling doom and gloom are doing nothing to help the site that you seem more than determined to destroy. Mabbe you could use that energy and enthusiasm to provide something good for the site? Naaa, I doubt you could. Again, many thanks. Just keep making my day with your insults.I don't need help with our site thanks. we had over 3000 members before it crashed but its fixed now. I don't have to help destroy this site you guys are doing a good enough job yourselves

Waffles
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
It doesn't matter what was said or done off the site. If it wasn't done n the site then what the hell does it matter

That's the point I was making. If the problem was not on the site, then he shouldn't have been banned on the site. However, we are all arguing about how people run their own business. It's moot at this point anyway.

dedpedal
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Whatever Tater.

wes 89 gt
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
i vote no even though i really dont know craig that well. i never saw anything bad enough for him to get banned

mach_u
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I voted no also. It's a sad day to say the least. :(

Kid_Money
04-30-2008, 07:53 AM
gee. Real impressive. Again thanks. Im not saying anyones right about it, but you and the rest of the people who keep yelling doom and gloom are doing nothing to help the site that you seem more than determined to destroy. Mabbe you could use that energy and enthusiasm to provide something good for the site? Naaa, I doubt you could. Again, many thanks. Just keep making my day with your insults.

Fuck you..Who gives a fuck about this site? nothing good has been going on here in a while..:flipoff:

PaulFiveOh
04-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Pissing off your membership on a website is a little like taking your billboard off of I-75 and putting it on KY-491.

Haha Well said my friend!

dedpedal
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Fuck you..Who gives a fuck about this site? nothing good has been going on here in a while..:flipoff:

Whats your deal? Do you wish to become a martyr like metcalf? If you dont like it, theres the door, dont let it hit you on the ass on your way out.

Brandon Alsept
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Well looks to be painting a very clear picture with this poll.:bigthumb

KenB
04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Kev

Well the draw of a site like this is the family it creates. I would never ban a family member from my family regardless of what they did. And if something was done wrong to my family I wouldn't just keep quiet either. You're basically saying to sweep it under the rug before the whole site goes to shit. I think it just did yesterday.

Ken

ADaughen
04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Where is the "I have no clue what is going on" selection?

<-- didn't vote, but Maximus seemed pretty cool.

mustangoutlaw
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Well the draw of a site like this is the family it creates. I would never ban a family member from my family regardless of what they did. And if something was done wrong to my family I wouldn't just keep quiet either. You're basically saying to sweep it under the rug before the whole site goes to shit. I think it just did yesterday.

Ken

I agree and very well said Ken..

wolverine8490
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I voted no, and here is my reasoning:

I personally do not know any of the people involved. Hell, I only personally know about 2 members on here. I have met a few people buying and selling parts, and everyone I have met have been super cool people. This is a forum. People come here to ask questions, tell people about what they are doing and have done, buy and sell stuff. In saying that, I do not personally have any right to say whether anyone should or should not be banned. But as my personal opinion of banning anyone, this is what I think:

The only fair way I could see someone/anyone being banned from a PUBLIC forum (Which even though it is run privately and what not, it is 100% open to the public) is if someone was harassing people, making threats, broke the posted rules multiple times, or saying things on the forum that hurt the community.

Now, not knowing what was said or done, I have not seen any comments or threads started on this forum that appeared worthy to ban someone. :confused:

Brandon Alsept
04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
You know I really like the people that are posting there reason for there vote.

The 5 that have voted Yes to the ban need to man up and let us know a reason. I suspect I know some of the people that voted Yes. But, man up and tell us why, don't hide it.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-30-2008, 10:29 AM
For what? I'm newer here, so I really don't know whats going on, sorry!

89notch
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I voted yes and here is my reasoning why. I feel like Craig's only mission here was to stir the pot and cause trouble just by watching his posts and his signature. It just got to the point that he was trying to get them to ban him by pushing the admin's buttons until they snapped. I understand that Craig was Vinny's friend and one of the original members but I have also read some of the emails and PM's Craig had sent to Holly and honestly I think if Vinny knew how Craig was acting and talking to his WIFE he would have been pissed and would have banned him. Its very tragic that Vinny passed and I believe that if anything Vinny would have wanted someone to take care of his wife and child not call her names and continue to make her life miserable and more stressful than it needed to be. I think Craig should have focused on comforting her more with vinnys death rather than trying to under mind everything she attempts to do with everything in her life. I also think the Admin's need to post the exact reason why Craig was banned going all the way back to the beginning of the problems with Craig and Holly. I also understand that part of the reason Craig is acting this way is he is still to this day having a hard time dealing with Vinny being gone and I think with time everyone will realize that this is not the way to deal with these things. I'm not holding anything against Craig for the things he said about me I came to the realization that Craig was acting the way he was towards the Pinks car because he was obviously still very upset with other things that were going on during the build. I know everyone likes Craig and has probably heard Craig's side of the story but I have also heard and read Holly/Craig/Tim's side of the story. I'm know I'm probably missing some of craigs side of the story and we will never know the "whole story" and it sucks it had to be this way but honestly I think it will be best for Holly and Craig along with Matt and Tim.

Sorry for the long rant but I think its things that need to be told.

Flame on

Metcalf Racing
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I voted yes and here is my reasoning why. I feel like Craig's only mission here was to stir the pot and cause trouble just by watching his posts and his signature. It just got to the point that he was trying to get them to ban him by pushing the admin's buttons until they snapped. I understand that Craig was Vinny's friend and one of the original members but I have also read some of the emails and PM's Craig had sent to Holly and honestly I think if Vinny knew how Craig was acting and talking to his WIFE he would have been pissed and would have banned him. Its very tragic that Vinny passed and I believe that if anything Vinny would have wanted someone to take care of his wife and child not call her names and continue to make her life miserable and more stressful than it needed to be. I think Craig should have focused on comforting her more with vinnys death rather than trying to under mind everything she attempts to do with everything in her life. I also think the Admin's need to post the exact reason why Craig was banned going all the way back to the beginning of the problems with Craig and Holly. I also understand that part of the reason Craig is acting this way is he is still to this day having a hard time dealing with Vinny being gone and I think with time everyone will realize that this is not the way to deal with these things. I'm not holding anything against Craig for the things he said about me I came to the realization that Craig was acting the way he was towards the Pinks car because he was obviously still very upset with other things that were going on during the build. I know everyone likes Craig and has probably heard Craig's side of the story but I have also heard and read Holly/Craig/Tim's side of the story. I'm know I'm probably missing some of craigs side of the story and we will never know the "whole story" and it sucks it had to be this way but honestly I think it will be best for Holly and Craig along with Matt and Tim.

Flame on
The bottom line is the Admins are soft Bitches..... With out Vinny, Craig, Siver Bullet, myself and the many others who have been here since it's start, There is no Stangbangerz.. The real Stangbangerz died with Vinny.......

Your guys's pinks project was a joke all that did was cause drama..Even more drama than I could have came up with..

Ban all the Real members then all stangbangerz will be is a big joke of drunken non racing retards..... Stangbangerz = Joke

Metcalf Racing
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Flame on
oh but I seen some PM's that were sent to Craig.......... And Black Hole needed to be busted in the mouth, Craig was way more calmer than I would have been about it..
The thing is they can ban me and the others but we are still where the action is. So just because they can stop us from posting they can't hide in person

Waffles
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I certainly respect you for stepping up and explaining yourself. However, having run many forums and having been attacked personally before etc through them, I have to disagree with the decision on a basis of bad policy. Here's the reason...

...but I have also read some of the emails and PM's Craig had sent....\

It was done off the forum. Everything I've seen, and every claim I've read has been something that happened in private. Therefore, you stand to fix nothing by banning him from the public forum. The only thing that's changed is that now there is widespread conflict and has made what was a private issue now very, VERY public. I don't know the content of the PMs and emails between Holly and Craig. If they were out of line, I would have talked to Craig privately about them. At some point you have to ask, even if Craig was totally wrong, what has banning him solved? What has been the net result?

I would have never allowed this situation to disrupt my BUSINESS the way this situation has.

Brandon Alsept
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Kelly for being a Man and posting why you voted the way you did.

93cobra
04-30-2008, 12:21 PM
You're basically saying to sweep it under the rug before the whole site goes to shit. I think it just did yesterday.

Ken

:agree:

i don't see myself logging in here too much from here on out...

to be honest the only reason i really did use this site was to email craig new parts wanted lists & keep in touch with rob at rigid

occasionaly...i'd throw a whats up out to a few others...but again 90% of my use was communicating with craig or rob...

i'm going out on a limb here myself saying this & i may be way off but i bet craig don't really care about being banned from this site...kinda sounded to me from that one post he made under the other guys screen name that he knows what the site used to be about & what his close bud vinny wanted it to be about ...& apparently it may not be staying that original course which in result has him over it...???

i say stangbangerz is at a greater loss with no maximus involved rather than vice versa...

craig should just start his own forum....cincy speed .....and open it to all car enthusiusts & offer an automatic such & such discount to his shop to anyone who is a member

pegasus
04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I voted no but I dont think i will be returning to sbz after today I will atleast be taking a break. I left this shit in high school and unless I can get tickets to the SBZ prom and a lettermans jacket I dont need to re-live that shit

have fun at sbz high with out me

theyallslow
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Well put Pegasus. I have a question.

Where is Holly in all this? Only time i see anything out of her is if there is money involved. Like the selling of the pinks car, or only going to a wednesday meet to sell shirts.

Waffles
04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Come on now. Don't paint Holly like some money grubber. I've been texting with her off and on today, she's very upset and trying hard to work things out. I think she's tried to do the best she could, mistakes or no.

89notch
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Well put Pegasus. I have a question.

Where is Holly in all this? Only time i see anything out of her is if there is money involved. Like the selling of the pinks car, or only going to a wednesday meet to sell shirts.

Yea I'm sure this site cost her nothing to run :confused:

Brandon Alsept
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Slow up now. This thread is not here for people to start a bitch fest. Start another thread if you have something to say besides the stuff that this poll pertains to. K Thanks :bigthumb

slvr87cpe
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
and of course i voted no all that is needed to be said :bangwall:

Brandon Alsept
04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
So Kelly is the only one to man up but there are still 6 votes yes...Interesting.

dedpedal
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I for one have NOT voted. I feel stuck in the middle of friends with a disagreement.Ive told the people involved of my feelings on the whole matter.

Waffles
04-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Now 7, only one explanation. I'm sure though that this is all coming to a head very soon.

Kwik92GT
04-30-2008, 04:33 PM
So Kelly is the only one to man up but there are still 6 votes yes...Interesting.
And you expected anything less? LOL

MADMOD
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't know what was said bettween everyone involved in this whole shin dig nor do I care. The only thing I know is that people say and do things differently when they are hurting the way Craig was. I am not saying no one else was hurting during all of this but Holly and Craig seemed to take it the hardest from my point of veiw. I am not real close to Craig seeing him and seeing some of the post he made you could tell he was not completly him self anymore with the loss of Vinny. He knows the mistakes he made and from what I have read on here he has apologized for his actions.
We are a family here. Yea sometimes we piss and moan amongst ourself's but we should never turn our backs on one another. Especially someone who has done so much for this site and it's members in the past and continues to do so to this day.

Sometimes people make mistakes. Forgive and Forget

Voted No

dedpedal
04-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Come say something like that to me at a racetrack somewhere faggot.. We'll see how good that turns out for you. you and the rest of these cocksuckers might be tuff on here, but in person you suck everyone's dick...
Thats it. I dont know you from Adam and you come on here insulting me. I wont tolerate it. Good bye and have a nice life.

transman
04-30-2008, 09:47 PM
no way

HARCracing
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Ken

+1. Well said Ken

Mista Bone
04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
I voted no, but then again all the info isn't on the table.

I voiced my opinion last night, moving on.

evil666stang
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM
it really sucks to see people i look up to (fellow stangbangerz) fighting with each other! i dont know a whole lot about it but i would really hate to see this site go to hell because of a big misunderstanding! maximus even posted and wanted everyone to drop it. so can we end this thread now?

dedpedal
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
it really sucks to see people i look up to (fellow stangbangerz) fighting with each other! i dont know a whole lot about it but i would really hate to see this site go to hell because of a big misunderstanding! maximus even posted and wanted everyone to drop it. so can we end this thread now?

Someone said the right thing. This is closed for now. Thanks for bringing the point to a head. I knew something needed to be done and now it will.