Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Oil to go over $120 a barrell???? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oil to go over $120 a barrell????

Mista Bone
04-28-2008, 05:54 AM
I bet it happens today!

cstreu1026
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I would be willing to bet that we see $150 before the end of the year.

Goldenpony
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
The Drudge Report had somebody on today saying a year from today gas could be $10 a gallon.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
The thing to consider is last year when gas was $3 a gallon, how much was a barrel then? It isn't quite that much more now but it's at least $25 more a barrel.

BigBadStang
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
It's all bullshit anyway.
They have us all by the balls, and they will charge whateverinthefuck they want, and people will pay it. The speculators (they are the ones driving up the cost of oil) need dragged out and shot. The speculators are driving up the costs of EVERY storable commodity. My main concern is what it does to drive up the costs of everything else. There is only so much money to go around, and people will have to start making hard decisions on what "extra" stuff will get eliminated from their everyday lives.

BTW Mista...you were right...kinda. Oil did exceed $120 a barrel, but closed at just over $118 today.

Blackout
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
don't worry, when no one can afford to drive any more then the prices will come down. It's gonna shut down the economy just like the late 70's.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
If our government had any sense they'd put a stop to it because it's ultimately going to screw the entire country over yet again.

k062693w
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
If our government had any sense they'd put a stop to it because it's ultimately going to screw the entire country over yet again.

:lol: :lol::lol: :lol:
Government + Sense 2 words that will never go together!!!!

Ranger50
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Actually, if the gubment had any sense they would have allowed aging refineries to shut down after new more efficient ones were built and online. But then again the NIMBY's would be ticked and you can't piss off the 1 percenters that barely vote..... :-/

Brian

cstreu1026
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
No company will shut down a refinery because the environmental concerns. The clean up costs would probably run well in to the billions. They do need to do some upgrades or new construction.

Aweasel
04-29-2008, 03:13 AM

There's your free enterprise. If they step in there then you are allowing them to step in anywhere.

Aweasel
04-29-2008, 03:22 AM
It's gonna shut down the economy just like the late 70's.

Ultimately the people are in charge, doesn't sound true but it is. Do you know anyone that actively rides a bike for 1-2 mile trips or car pools regularly, probably not many. I'm sure many of us, and me included daily drive a V8 guzzler. I get about 14mpg on a good day. Hardly anything to brag about. I understand that I'm probably among the millions of people perpetuating it. I've said it before tho, it's a hard habit to kick, you see that musclecar on the corner for sale, it's a good deal, your eyes roll back in your head and all you see is whitesmoke and tiremarks and not the gas gauge going down to E every few days...rinse and repeat. Don't blame the government or the oil industry for putting a premium on what we all love to consume. Every gearhead in here is guilty of senslessly using gas up like trips to the drags, car club cruises, burnouts, revving, streetlight to streetlight racing, etc etc.