Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Name that noise [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Name that noise

chris91
04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Ok this isnt my car but mine is making the exact same noise. I have deleted the A/C, Smog pump, upper idler pulley is deleted, and I know its not a exhaust noise. It really seems to be coming from the water pump but others say there is no way it would make this noise. The guy that owns the car in the video said he took his belt off and it was still making this noise and the water pump pulley seemed like it was wanting to move even without the belt.:confused: Any ideas here guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xqXsKTZlzA

Timido
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Take you belt off and see if the noise goes away

cobrajoe
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I say one of the pulleys is hitting something! JMO:confused:

chris91
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok went out there and took the belt off. Still made the noise. BUT I did notice the balancer has some nice shiney spots on the outer edge and seems to be rubbing against the waterpump. I felt on the back of the balancer and what do you know, the rubber is sticking out. So Im guessing its time for a new balancer? How hard is it to get the OEM one off?

facemelter71
04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Mine made the same noise when i had the belt routed to the air pump.I threw it as far as i could.

chris91
04-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah I originally thought it was the A/C compressor making noise so I short belted it to delete the A/C and smog pump. Didnt fix the noise so I brought out the trusty long ass screwdriver trying to listen to shit. Sure enough it sounded like it was coming from the water pump. But after searching around some I guess this is normal when the balancer decides to take a shit. Glad I didnt go buy that waterpump yesterday like I was going to!!

Timido
04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
I wouldnt drive it with the ballancer coming apart. You will need a ballancer remover you can rent them at autozone free

chris91
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah definitely dont feel like throwin in a new engine. I have a buddy with the tool so I should be in good shape there.

zmcnutt
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
my balancer came apart too i couldnt figure out what it was do you feel a vibration when you drive it? if you have a puller the job is a piece of cake

chris91
04-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah I felt it vibrating but I also have a driveshaft that needs replaced(fuckin e-brake bracket wore a groove into it from being so low) so I thought it was that.:lol: