Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
lowballin' people... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : lowballin' people...

12seclx
04-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Just thought I'd vent a little... What is it with fuggin' low-ballin' people?

I don't understand it... It's like they think they can buy sh*t for nothin'....
In my case, the guy offered a low amount on a black dash, I declined it, then 2 days later after I sold the part, he goes, "well, I would've gave you $10 more than that..." :lol:

Sure buddy.... Sometimes, I wish I had 2 of a part that I was sellin' so I could be like, "oh really, well, just as it turns out, I have another one so feel free to send the money..." :D

Mista Bone
04-22-2008, 02:26 AM
if someone posts a low ball offer on something I'm selling, I just ignore it.

Same way if they ask "will you trade......."

If I want to trade I would have listed it.

There are lowlifes the just trade parts around. It gets worse when that lowlife sells a tranny claiming it's the one I just went thru for him.

12seclx
04-22-2008, 03:11 AM
It gets worse when that lowlife sells a tranny claiming it's the one I just went thru for him.

Man, there are a couple locals around here that trade parts and I've heard about them making low offers and these guys don't have squat...

I think I'll do what you do and just ignore low offers..... :bigthumb

Mista Bone
04-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Wait till you get people on Ebay claiming to be selling a item/product you built (Honda Tranny for example)........

A) It sucks someone is using and abusing my name for profit
B) Its nice to know that my name is out there though

Catch 22

I know when I set a price, I don't budge, unless combining a shipment. I'm known for cost effective yet timely shipping. I set a fair price, usually way to cheap......but it moves quickly.

Sorry I'm a little wired right now and can't sleep. Graham Rahal will be in town today and I'm meeting him, again :)

347sc
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
if someone posts a low ball offer on something I'm selling, I just ignore it.

Same way if they ask "will you trade......."

If I want to trade I would have listed it.

There are lowlifes the just trade parts around. It gets worse when that lowlife sells a tranny claiming it's the one I just went thru for him.

I trade parts all the time, that make me a low life?:confused::flipoff:

I keep my stuff if I get lowballed. No big deal to me

95redstang
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Just thought I'd vent a little... What is it with fuggin' low-ballin' people?

I don't understand it... It's like they think they can buy sh*t for nothin'....
In my case, the guy offered a low amount on a black dash, I declined it, then 2 days later after I sold the part, he goes, "well, I would've gave you $10 more than that..." :lol:

Sure buddy.... Sometimes, I wish I had 2 of a part that I was sellin' so I could be like, "oh really, well, just as it turns out, I have another one so feel free to send the money..." :D

Dude ask Rick about the bullsh*t offers I get for my 347. I got one from a STANGBANGER that I am still pissed about. The entire shortblock from the oil pan all the way up to the rockers + all the fuel injection parts, balancer, and flywheel ..This jackass offered me $2500 for everything. The heads alone are $1800 +..They are brand new AFR 185's with the rev kit and some other work...The next offer I get like that I'm going to tell them come pick it up.When they do I am going to kick them square in the nuts and send them back on their way..

fst 5pto
04-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Dude ask Rick about the bullsh*t offers I get for my 347. I got one from a STANGBANGER that I am still pissed about. The entire shortblock from the oil pan all the way up to the rockers + all the fuel injection parts, balancer, and flywheel ..This jackass offered me $2500 for everything. The heads alone are $1800 +..They are brand new AFR 185's with the rev kit and some other work...The next offer I get like that I'm going to tell them come pick it up.When they do I am going to kick them square in the nuts and send them back on their way..

Hey buddy, I'll give you $2,800 for your setup :lol::flipoff:

JFWY

But on a serious note, I get this quite a bit as well and you cant help but just laugh at these hacks.... Oh well I guess....:rolleyes:

92BlackStang
04-22-2008, 11:19 AM
i look at it like this , you say make an offer im gonna lowball you to get it as cheap as possible.. Moneys to hard to come by , gotta do what you gotta do, all you gotta do is say no , Not take it to heart..

fst 5pto
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
i look at it like this , you say make an offer im gonna lowball you to get it as cheap as possible.. Moneys to hard to come by , gotta do what you gotta do, all you gotta do is say no , Not take it to heart..

No there are two different types of a low offer... there is the one you mentioned, you take a little off to see how much they will budge, then there is the lowball offer.... the one where you offer 25% of what the person is asking.There is a difference IMO

347sc
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I got offered $5000 for my 91 Gt. Which if it was stock would be a good deal. Since it has every part known to man on it I had to pass. I'll part it out for double that.

92BlackStang
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I'd call that guy back and tell him he can have it with stock motor and trans lol, I know what you guys mean

bbfstanger
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
i dont think it hurts to ask if a guy will take less,all he can do is say no.
but better yet i like the ones that say make offer or guaging interest, you know what you want for it just say it!!

cstreu1026
04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Thats why I hate when people say "make an offer". I don't want to insult anyone but I also don't want to over pay for a part.

92BlackStang
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Thats why I hate when people say "make an offer". I don't want to insult anyone but I also don't want to over pay for a part.

well said i think i will quote that :cool1:

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Warning: Trade secrets exposed. Using these tips people will likely think less of you as a person.

Sounds like the people low balling you are newbs to the art. First you have to decide how badly the person needs to sell their item. If its just to get rid of it, don't even bother with a lowball. If its to have some extra money to buy parts, then you can give a moderate lowball. If its to pay bills, then you can come with an agressive low ball. If its to save the wife from getting super pissed that you just spent way too much fucking money on your car and you can't pay the house payment, you can offer next to nothing and it will be accepted.

You also have to play the waiting game. If I want something, I usually wait till its been on the market for a little bit. During this time, the amount, and frequency of which they lower their price lets you know strong you can come with a low ball, as its an indicator of how much they need money, and how quickly they need it.

I'd like to think of myself as a lowballing professional. Its an art, and when played right, you can save youself hundreds upon thousands of dollars by capatilizing on others misfortunes!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

PaulFiveOh
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Warning: Trade secrets exposed. Using these tips people will likely think less of you as a person.

Sounds like the people low balling you are newbs to the art. First you have to decide how badly the person needs to sell their item. If its just to get rid of it, don't even bother with a lowball. If its to have some extra money to buy parts, then you can give a moderate lowball. If its to pay bills, then you can come with an agressive low ball. If its to save the wife from getting super pissed that you just spent way too much fucking money on your car and you can't pay the house payment, you can offer next to nothing and it will be accepted.

You also have to play the waiting game. If I want something, I usually wait till its been on the market for a little bit. During this time, the amount, and frequency of which they lower their price lets you know strong you can come with a low ball, as its an indicator of how much they need money, and how quickly they need it.

I'd like to think of myself as a lowballing professional. Its an art, and when played right, you can save youself hundreds upon thousands of dollars by capatilizing on others misfortunes!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Spoken like a true champion. :D

Buckeye
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Damn Kevin we went to the same school!

Mista Bone
04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Kevin even accepts lowball offers :)

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Kevin even accepts lowball offers :)

I like to practice good money management, so typically a lowball offer to me does not work. It usually ends up in me saying, no, then increasing my asking price just for good measure.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
The one time i got crazy and tried to sell my coupe, i got $1500 offers all day long...even with 2k in the drive train. On one hand it doesn't hurt to try, but there's a point when an offer is borderline disrespectful. I think some people just don't know their limits. Like if someone lists something for $20, why try to get it for $15? If a guy has $5k in an engine and is selling it for $3k, why offer $1500? If a car is listed for $1500 i could see maybe offering $1400 but when something is already cheap for what it is, or if someone is already taking a huge hit on the price, why bother trying for lower?

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
The one time i got crazy and tried to sell my coupe, i got $1500 offers all day long...even with 2k in the drive train. On one hand it doesn't hurt to try, but there's a point when an offer is borderline disrespectful. I think some people just don't know their limits. Like if someone lists something for $20, why try to get it for $15? If a guy has $5k in an engine and is selling it for $3k, why offer $1500? If a car is listed for $1500 i could see maybe offering $1400 but when something is already cheap for what it is, or if someone is already taking a huge hit on the price, why bother trying for lower?

I like my money. Keeping as much of it as possible is how I operate. If you're desperate enough to sell low, then so be it. I didn't put you in the position of misforune, you did that yourself. Even with a shitty offer, I'm still helping you out, and gettging a killer deal for myself. lol.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I like my money. Keeping as much of it as possible is how I operate. If you're desperate enough to sell low, then so be it. I didn't put you in the position of misforune, you did that yourself. Even with a shitty offer, I'm still helping you out, and gettging a killer deal for myself. lol.

Right but when you decide to sell your RX7, lets say you list it for 10k, wouldn't you be at least annoyed if people were offering 4k all day?

I think at the very least a person should be able to go with OBO or FIRM and leave it at that. If something is listed as OBO then yeah you're asking for lowballers.

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Right but when you decide to sell your RX7, lets say you list it for 10k, wouldn't you be at least annoyed if people were offering 4k all day?

I think at the very least a person should be able to go with OBO or FIRM and leave it at that. If something is listed as OBO then yeah you're asking for lowballers.

I never list shit as OBO unless I really dont' care to get lowballers. If I do list something for sale I don't show any of the tell tale signs of needing a quick sale for cash. I don't lower the price over time, etc. If people low ball me, I just ignore it.

PaulFiveOh
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't show any tell tale signs of needing a quick sale for cash.

So wait, you were just on the corner for fun? :confused::confused:

95redstang
04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah there is a big difference in trying to cut a little off the asking price and lowballing. I have about $7,000 in this engine with all the parts and labor that I have listed. I don't mind taking a little bit of a hit. I listed it for $5,000..GO have some of the big name builders in the area put a 347 with the quality of parts that I have. You will pay quite a bit more. I will also put this engine up against any with similar parts. The guy who built it is the sh*t. I don't really want to sell it but with baby # 3 almost here I have to do the right thing for now. I have it listed for $5,000 and I will not budge. You can offer me $4000-4500 that's fine. Do not offer $2,500..Anything below $4000 is an insult. It's freaking brand new shit.That means 0 miles on it. You wouldn't call up some company like DSS or Coast High and say I'll give you $2,000 for your $10,000 408 long block...

12seclx
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah there is a big difference in trying to cut a little off the asking price and lowballing. I have about $7,000 in this engine with all the parts and labor that I have listed. I don't mind taking a little bit of a hit. I listed it for $5,000..GO have some of the big name builders in the area put a 347 with the quality of parts that I have. You will pay quite a bit more. I will also put this engine up against any with similar parts. The guy who built it is the sh*t. I don't really want to sell it but with baby # 3 almost here I have to do the right thing for now. I have it listed for $5,000 and I will not budge. You can offer me $4000-4500 that's fine. Do not offer $2,500..Anything below $4000 is an insult. It's freaking brand new shit.That means 0 miles on it. You wouldn't call up some company like DSS or Coast High and say I'll give you $2,000 for your $10,000 408 long block...

Sorry to hear that man... I've always wanted to tell these guys that have mommy and daddy supportin' their hobby... "yeah man, I'll be around this weekend and sell it to you for 1/2 the cost if you pick it up....." Then give the *ss clowns directions to the library...... :lol:

I couldn't be that mean although it would be hilarious.... :eek:

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
blah blah blah blah.....blah

You are missing a big item of interest. You cannot charge as much as a reputible engine builder. Why, becasue you're not them. For example, if I was interested in buying an engine from somebody I'd have to go through it on my own and make sure it was done right. I don't konw you from anyone else in the world, and I have little to no trust in other people who work on cars.

You cannot expect to make back the sum of all your parts. If you did, then someone else would just do what you did instead of buying your stuff. If I can only save 10% from doing it myself, its worthless to me. For me to buy used stuff (or new but not from the direct source) it would have to be like 40% off or more. Thats how the world works.

Kevin Doe
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear that man... I've always wanted to tell these guys that have mommy and daddy supportin' their hobby... "yeah man, I'll be around this weekend and sell it to you for 1/2 the cost if you pick it up....." Then give the *ss clowns directions to the library...... :lol:

I couldn't be that mean although it would be hilarious.... :eek:

I might actually have to do that. LOL.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
You can't expect to sell something for purchased price even if it's never been used, simply because you can't offer any warranty that the manufacturer (builder) might offer. But, i think that's part of selling a $7k engine for $5k...that's 2k off the manufacturer's price...that's a pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

95redstang
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
You can't expect to sell something for purchased price even if it's never been used, simply because you can't offer any warranty that the manufacturer (builder) might offer. But, i think that's part of selling a $7k engine for $5k...that's 2k off the manufacturer's price...that's a pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

Yeah I think that is a killer deal..Like I said call a local builder. I expect to take a bit of a loss and I'm ok with it. If it doesn't sell for what I want oh well, I'll keep it get to it when I can...

Hrod382
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I was selling one car for $5k which was a solid price, I got one dude that says, "I've got $1500 in cash". I just replied, "Let me know when you get the other $3500".

For my other, I was selling for $22k and got three or four $15k offers... I just sent them links of project cars going for the same amount and said that car would be better for them.

Almost as bad are trade offers when I make it VERY clear I don't want to trade and get 3 or 4 every day. I seriously told one guy twice I didn't want to, he wants to make a cash offer then sends me a third trade offer for the same car I told him I didn't want at all.

I pulled the car, I don't ever drive it but I'm not giving it away and selling is a MAJOR pain in the ass... Especially with an older car.

12seclx
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I was selling one car for $5k which was a solid price, I got one dude that says, "I've got $1500 in cash". I just replied, "Let me know when you get the other $3500".

LMAO! I'm gonna use that the next time I try to sell something for a certain amount and someone offers me $80-$100 less, I'll say, "let me know when you get the rest of the money..." Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:

BIGRED Z
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I think many people either get greedy, or assume what they have is worth more than it is. It has been said that something is only worth what another person will pay for it.

Now, I'm notoriously cheap. I will lowball every time. Now I may preface it with the warning that I'm cheap, and not to be insulted. But why over pay? Dollars in my pocket make me way happier than dollars in your pocket.

Eastmont
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't mind it if someone lowballs. Its not that hard to ignore them, or just say no. Its a financial transaction, not a relationship.

I hate it when someone says "Make Offer, No lowballers!" I notice those ones tend to be for sale for a long time, while the seller gets more and more pissed.

The worst, though, is when you get a lowballer who starts insulting your stuff and acting like they're doing you a favor to take it off their hands.

ADaughen
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I know your pain. I got low balled on an item I wasn't even selling. :/

Him - "Dude, what do you want for your body kit?"

Me - "Um... I paid $600 for it."

Him - "Ok, how does $660 shipped sound?."

Me - "You know it is like $500 for shipping to Seattle, right?"

Him - no reply.

The guy I got it off of had paid $900 for the body kit, another $1500 for paint and body work to get it to fit. It was already painted the color of his ride so he wouldn't have to worry about fitting or painting it. :/

thecollector
04-23-2008, 11:38 PM
In my opinion the only thing worse than a low baller is a broke-arse. "Will you take payments, and my late 80's busted up quad." Me and the bank have an agreement, they don't sell cars and I don't finance them. I am not a buy here pay here lot, I cannot afford your overhead. Every time a person asks about payments I say sure, 90% down and I will hold the car for up to 7 days at 100% interest-daily. Of course I only charge them interest on the balance owed, I'm not a shark or anything. Odly enough thecollector motor credit corp. is not doing much business. I had a $500 Lowes gift card on craigslist for "400 firm" I got offers for $120 that could pick up ASAP. The card sold for $425 and I sent the lowballers fishing scam phone numbers from craigslist as my own for contact.

Waffles
04-23-2008, 11:45 PM
I used to lowball in the real estate market all the time. A few times the offer was accepted and I got a good deal. I always thought the worst that could happen for a lowball offer was that they could turn it down. Apparently some people also get pissed off about it. Learn something new every day I guess.

12seclx
04-24-2008, 02:02 AM
In my opinion the only thing worse than a low baller is a broke-arse. "Will you take payments, and my late 80's busted up quad." Me and the bank have an agreement, they don't sell cars and I don't finance them. I am not a buy here pay here lot, I cannot afford your overhead. Every time a person asks about payments I say sure, 90% down and I will hold the car for up to 7 days at 100% interest-daily. Of course I only charge them interest on the balance owed, I'm not a shark or anything. Odly enough thecollector motor credit corp. is not doing much business. I had a $500 Lowes gift card on craigslist for "400 firm" I got offers for $120 that could pick up ASAP. The card sold for $425 and I sent the lowballers fishing scam phone numbers from craigslist as my own for contact.

I never thought of that one... That's priceless... :lol:

From now on, I think I may tell them that if they are wanting to make low offers, check out ebay.... :bigthumb

Kid_Money
04-24-2008, 03:14 AM
You are missing a big item of interest. You cannot charge as much as a reputible engine builder. Why, becasue you're not them. For example, if I was interested in buying an engine from somebody I'd have to go through it on my own and make sure it was done right. I don't konw you from anyone else in the world, and I have little to no trust in other people who work on cars.

You cannot expect to make back the sum of all your parts. If you did, then someone else would just do what you did instead of buying your stuff. If I can only save 10% from doing it myself, its worthless to me. For me to buy used stuff (or new but not from the direct source) it would have to be like 40% off or more. Thats how the world works.

A lot of people don't seem to understand when they buy stuff, it's not worth new price anymore... If they used it or not, it's still used..

IWRBB
04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
If a guy has $5k in an engine and is selling it for $3k, why offer $1500?

Why not? It's a used item, generally in an unknown condition, other than "it ran this time in this car". It could have a bearing ready to spin next time it's started. It's not new. What it cost new is not important. It's not new anymore. It's used. Get my drift?

So you want 3K for it. Big deal. What's so magic about that number? You pulled it out of thin air. It's only worth what someone will pay for it. It'd be foolish to pay whatever the seller wants and not make a lower offer (on a big ticket items especially). Do you pay retail prices on cars? Do you buy houses for the asking price?

If I think it's only worth $1500 for that item, I'd offer $1500, no matter what they asked for it. If someone is willing to pay 3K for it, great, then it was worth 3K.

I'm not going to try to knock $5 off the $40 parts, but I'm not above making a lower offer on used items that cost thousands of dollars.

ADaughen
04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I used to lowball in the real estate market all the time. A few times the offer was accepted and I got a good deal. I always thought the worst that could happen for a lowball offer was that they could turn it down. Apparently some people also get pissed off about it. Learn something new every day I guess.

There is a difference between negotiating and low balling. Negotiating, you are expecting the seller to come down in price and meet at a reasonable price level. Low balling is "take it or leave it" BS.

Waffles
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
What I really hate is when someone wants to sell something but WON'T give you a price, does the whole "make me an offer" thing, then gets pissed about your offer being too low. If you know what you want for something, speak it. lol I always offer something stupid when they do that, or offer to trade them a gold fish or 1/2 eaten bag of patato chips.

may93
04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Unless the person states what price they want I dont even consider buying it. Make an offer is a good way to get insulted. In those cases what the seller thinks its worth and what its actually worth arent even close and or they bought it cheap expecting to turn some huge profit. I usually ask about 10% more than I want and if the person ask my bottom dollar I tell them. After that they either buy it or they dont. A good rule of thumb also is that regardless of what you paid for it when it comes time to sell the item its usually worth about 1/2 the original price. So if you paid $375.00 for a intake and expect to sell it used 2 months later and you ask $325.00 its not going to happen. Instead someone looking for that part is going to offer $200.00 and your feelings are going to get hurt.
I do agree that the worst part when selling is dealing with those who low-ball you with no intention to buy. I see that a lot on these sites.

ADaughen
04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
What I really hate is when someone wants to sell something but WON'T give you a price, does the whole "make me an offer" thing, then gets pissed about your offer being too low. If you know what you want for something, speak it. lol I always offer something stupid when they do that, or offer to trade them a gold fish or 1/2 eaten bag of patato chips.

Agreed.

I have had a few make an offer, sales out there. Unfortunately it is crap nobody wants. :lol: (AOD trans, or my Tbird snow flake wheels(sold), or my Pinto wheels(pending giving away))

Blackout
04-24-2008, 07:49 PM

I hate it too, so I just give them a bull sh*t offer. I don't care if they don't.

I lowball people on some things. There have been times were I been asked to leave there land, but I don't care because I am making a buisness deal not friends, but that mostly happens with cars. If I feel that I am getting a good deal I don't really try to jew the person down much if any. It just depends on the person.

BIGRED Z
04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
If you're selling something, you HAVE to give a price.

However, I still defend my right to lowball. The caveat being, that to buy or sell, you must do your homework. If you're selling that RX7 someone mentioned for 10K and the bluebook is 5K, well then you're an idiot. Regardless of the other 5K you put into it.

Everyone knows mods don't mean shit to the average consumer. If you have mods, either part them out and sell separately, or realize you're gonna take a loss. Most non car people assume mods mean its been beat to death and intentionally steer clear.

Point being, know what other like items are selling for, whether it be blue book on cars or comps in your neighborhood for real estate. If you buy a house for 100K in a 100K neighborhood, put 25K in improvements and expect to realize that in profit in the same 100K neighborhood, you will be disappointed.

People make this same mistake all the time and act like they got screwed on the sale. Don't over-improve, don't over-modify. Be smart in buying or selling. That's the only way you won't take it in the pooper.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Agreed.

I have had a few make an offer, sales out there. Unfortunately it is crap nobody wants. :lol: (AOD trans, or my Tbird snow flake wheels(sold), or my Pinto wheels(pending giving away))

Pinto wheels huh? .... What kind?:D

Holly
09-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I just had some dude wanting to trade me a Monte Carlo for Twisted Twins. :rolleyes:

He had the Monte advertisted for $18,000. Nah, thanks anyway GUY.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I just had some dude wanting to trade me a Monte Carlo for Twisted Twins. :rolleyes:

He had the Monte advertisted for $18,000. Nah, thanks anyway GUY.

HA! Wow... That sure would be a hell of a step up huh Holly??:lol: :rofl:

Douchbags:rolleyes:

winner70ta
09-05-2008, 11:25 AM
What bugs me is that, in messing with older stang parts over the years, is that alledged "friends" who want to buy parts from you. They want to get them for low amounts as they are your friend and of course whatever you have is not that good or worth that much . Then when you need a part from them that they have, of course they want gold for it as it is rare, hard to find, blah blah blah. I'm good with trading around for fair amounts with buds and thankfully most of my friends are cool, but there are always a couple....:mad:

DeckerEnt
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I find that most people on here are cool as alaska. LOL! Heck, people give me stuff all the time. I love this place.
Keith

Stangman
09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I find that most people on here are cool as alaska. LOL! Heck, people give me stuff all the time. I love this place.
Keith

Much needed GT trim for a much needed wiring harness works pretty well right Keith? :bigthumb

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Pinto wheels huh? .... What kind?:D

They were the Rallye wheels. They're gone now.

I have two Vega wheels (JJ stamp) that are a similar design, still...

Stangman
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd love to find 2 more original mustang II aluminum slots/centercaps, just to have around

How is that pinto coming by the way? ever get that stock rear end out?

DeckerEnt
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Much needed GT trim for a much needed wiring harness works pretty well right Keith? :bigthumb

The barder system is alive and well!!!:bigthumb:lol:
Keith

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd love to find 2 more original mustang II aluminum slots/centercaps, just to have around

You might keep an eye out on the FordPinto.com forums... Or, remind me when I go to All Ford Nat's next year. ;)

How is that pinto coming by the way? ever get that stock rear end out?

It's going slow.

I got the Granada front rotors, calipers, new ball joints bearings and seals... I'm just waiting on $$ for the springs and shocks so I can put it all back together.

I got rear axles, which I don't think will work. I finally found out what my 8.8 came from. :lol: The '96 calipers and caliper brackets I snagged *should* work, though.

I have to find some $$ to toss at some early model 302 engine mounts. I'm not sure what will work yet.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
What did your 8.8 come from?

Were the V6 and V8 engine mounts in a mustang II the same? IF so I know where there is a 6 cylinder car in a junkyard

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
What did your 8.8 come from?

Were the V6 and V8 engine mounts in a mustang II the same? IF so I know where there is a 6 cylinder car in a junkyard

8.8 came from a mid-80s Fox body. My wife's uncle has two identical ones sitting in his side yard.

I'm not sure if the mounts are the same or not (I need the uppers). The problem with the MII mounts, I have to relocate one of the lowers. I was under the impression the older (60's 'stang) mounts had different mounts that might not require me to cut and weld the driver's side lower mount. I just don't have $$ to test my theory.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Ohh... got ya

Good luck with that!

Not sure if you saw, but 85 ss 302 coupe had a set of v8 mustang II headers for sale on here a while back... if you dont have any already

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I currently have the shorties that came with the engine pull... I need to get the engine dropped in so I can determine if they will work or not. :(

Mista Bone
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
make sure your using a MII bellshousing!!!!!!!!!

Swapped a 71 302/C4 in my 75 MII, that made everything a PITA!

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
make sure your using a MII bellshousing!!!!!!!!!

Swapped a 71 302/C4 in my 75 MII, that made everything a PITA!

Automatics are for sissy boys. :lol: Besides, my car came with the 3rd pedal anyways. ;)

BigBadStang
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd love to find 2 more original mustang II aluminum slots/centercaps...

HERE (http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/787457062.html) you go.

BigBadStang
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
HERE (http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/787457062.html) you go.

AND ANOTHER... (http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/827240810.html)