Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
tired of this damn car [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tired of this damn car

Gearhead
04-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I swear this car has some type of curse !!! Finally dropped the engine back in after replacing a piston due to my dumb ass dropping something in the motor awhile ago.

It started right up and didn't have any knocking, rattling,etc. But wouldn't you know it, now there is something wrong with the clutch (new) or throwout bearing. It won't go into gear when it's running and that's after adjusting the cable a bunch of times. Almost like it won't release all the way or the disc is sticking to the flywheel, even though there is way too much preload on the clutch fingers. And, the throwout bearing is now making a racket when I put pressure on the pedal....

I'm about done with this so called hobby !!!!

bobtsgt
04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Damn Scott. Hang in there. Thats why its a hobby. Just sit back and tackle it next week. Go beat the piss out of the Cobra and loosen up.

mustang3091
04-20-2008, 10:10 PM
sounds like your clutch fork slide off the pivot ball

MrsAPE
04-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Maybe its so frustrating because you have so many other things to deal with as well?! You'll get it. It will be fine. Then, it will be time to get yet another car!! *smile*

aperacer
04-21-2008, 07:13 AM
give me a call....

Gearhead
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Got it all apart once again and the clutch disc was completely stuck to the flywheel !! Had to pry the damn thing off !! I should've known there would be a problem when I saw "Made in China" on the pressure plate....

NXcoupe
04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow!?!

Aweasel
04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
it could be worse, take it from me, it could be your only car.