Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Frickin Coyotes! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Frickin Coyotes!

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
So what's the deal w/ these devil dogs? I'm out running tonight and I keep hearing them howling in the woods. We have acres of woods behind our house and I've heard them out in the woods before....CREEPY. If I can hear them.....they are too F'N CLOSE!

Is there anything I can put outside to keep them from coming in our yard? My current mode of protection is my beloved golf club. I let my little Lola bug out in the middle of the night to go potty and some fat ass racoon has taken it upon himself to hang out on my porch and scare me to death.

Now..the frickin coyotes! I keep having nightmares that the coyotes are the dogs off the movie "I Am Legend" and they keep coming up to the house to eat my little Lola Bug. :(

Any suggestions?

YouGotJunk
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I have a nice rifle and a spotlight...i'll come over and shoot them!

Paul408Notch
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Coyotes won't mess with you, but you definitely need to watch the pooch. They could be coming around for the nice plump raccoons and end up chasing after Lola. I don't remember what scares them away though.

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't want to kill them....I just don't want them to eat up my Lola like a little scoobie snack :(.

I found a snake in my flowerbed last summer and Benny was screaming at me to kill it (that's a whole other story). I don't wanna kill him. He lived under my bush all summer and would come hang out when I was pulling weeds. I'd rather have the snake than the spiders! ICK!

I was wondering if I could put something out on the lawn, something that smells or something to keep them away....

Rustanggt98
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
II was wondering if I could put something out on the lawn, something that smells or something to keep them away....
Benny hasn't volunteered? :confused: seems he fits all of the requirements you are lookin for:tongue2:

:angel:

mustang8998
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
You had a snake, living under your bush?

Maybe it needs trimmed?

DeckerEnt
04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Get a bolt action .22 rifle and a box of CB .22 ammo. No kick, sounds like a pellet gun. Get a good scope and make a pile of coyote meat in the back yard.
Think of it this way, coyotes eat meat and they are probably preying on every cat they can find. The longer they stay around, the more used to people they will become. Next thing you know,someone's kid gets bit or worse.
Keith

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
You had a snake, living under your bush?

Maybe it needs trimmed?

:nono:

tcorns
04-08-2008, 12:48 AM
i hate to say it but the only way to get rid of coyotes is to shoot them. or at least shoot at them. we shoot them out at my parents house and turn them in for bounty. depending on where you are there may be a bounty on them. most hunters that i know will split any money with the land owners. i know several people that would come in and be very discreet about removing them from tha area.

trev

cobrajoe
04-08-2008, 02:19 AM
got my .22 and ammo!

Mista Bone
04-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Dani, unless the coyotes are threating, let them be, enjoy their music.

Now if the become an problem..........

BTW, you'd be better of worried about the BIG CATS in your area which like to eat coyotes.

bestracing
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Next thing you know,someone's kid gets bit or worse.
Keith
Very rarely do they attack people and then it's usually self defense. The ones you have to watch out for are the half breeds like dogs-coyote/dogs-wolf. They are very preditory, aggressive and not afraid of humans.

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Very rarely do they attack people and then it's usually self defense. The ones you have to watch out for are the half breeds like dogs-coyote/dogs-wolf. They are very preditory, aggressive and not afraid of humans.

You are NOT helping my nightmares!!!!!!! :mad: :lol:

'92Stang
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Coyotes are harmless, unless your a small dog. I keep a blue heeler out in the barn with the horses to keep them out of my sweet feed. Blue (the heeler) only goes about 45 pounds. But, she's put many coyote on the run. As long as your home when lola is outside, you should have no worries.

The coyote population must be booming though. I keep seeing less, and less rabbits and groundhogs.

pegasus
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
i can take care of them and make you a bad ass hat!!

*see sig*

01rustang
04-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Here are a few steps

1. Take away their food source. Canadian geese, pet food stored outside etc...
2. Watch american warewolf
3. Get your dog a companion such as a trained german shepard. That should help. :bigthumb

Mista Bone
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/444/2243637290087373364emjvfx3.jpg

bestracing
04-08-2008, 04:11 PM

I would not worry about them. I've been within 10' to 20' of quite a few Coyotes and haven't had any problems. One got as close as 5 feet but I'm figuring that it had been feed too many times by tourist and was looking for a hand out. Like with any wild animal I would not trust them and turn my back on it but out of most preditors I wouldn't worry about these too much.

Scary is getting growled at by a Mt. Lion...... :eek:

PaulFiveOh
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
We routinely spot light them in Goshen.....

.....until the game warden chases us down because we shoot from the road.... :)

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I generally have nightmares about tornados. I swear....I really think that's how I'm going to bite it. I have at least 1 tornado dream a month :(.

We were all at tristate a few years ago and this huge dust storm came through and I completely froze. I couldn't move, couldnt' talk, couldn't do anything......paralyzed. Tim screamed at me and pushed me into his truck. That's the first time anything has ever scared me so bad that I couldn't move.

Now..the frickin devil dogs. I think if I seen one I might actually faint. The racoon gives me a good rattle, especially when it's like 4 in the morning and I can barely see anyway.

This past summer I thought I heard a coyote out in the woods, I shined my flashlight in the woods and all the sudden I had like 6 pair of eyes staring back at me....my heart literally stopped. Thank god it was just some deer....

Now I'm not gonna sleep......

2-8-1
04-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't want to kill them....

Kill ONE, the rest will leave.

Katmandu
04-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Saw this laying in the parking lot of a gas station here in Troy. VERY close to a residentual area.

No idea what killed him. It was pretty weird cause it was laying right in the middle of the parking lot. :confused: :confused:

Mista Bone
04-10-2008, 05:09 AM
Kool-Aid + coolant

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-10-2008, 06:50 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's scary!!!!!! :eek:

cstreu1026
04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Just get a can of brake cleaner. That will definitely run off the raccoon and may even work on the coyotes.

bobtsgt
04-10-2008, 09:57 AM
brake cleaner and a lighter will help both situations. Set the raccoon on fire. Then the coyotes will see this, think that their food catches on fire randomly and move away :D At least thats how it works in my head. I haven't seen much wildlife yet in my part of town. The skunks can get pretty bad but thats just because Tracy breeds them in her back yard :lol:

NXcoupe
04-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I can hear them as the sun goes down. There is a large fenced and wooded area across the street from me. Almost sounds like kids laughing, then you hear a howl. I think it's pretty cool, gf doesn't tho.

DeckerEnt
04-10-2008, 06:31 PM
What big pointy teeth you have....Those canines are huge. I like the cb.22 and a good scoped rifle.
Keith

2-8-1
04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
The thing with Coyotes is that they are smart. Kill one, and the rest of the pack leaves...for years.

93lincolnmk8
04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
The thing with Coyotes is that they are smart. Kill one, and the rest of the pack leaves...for years.

More like a few months at most. If there is a food source around they get brave and keep coming back. Before I started killing them I had a pack kill a newborn calf. In the past three years i've killed five on my place. If you dont start killing them they will stick around until there is nothing left for them and then the few that do stay will start getting closer to peoples homes looking for food. It is best to kill them before this happens wether you want to or not. There is a reason that there is no closed hunting season on coyotes.

Stangman
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I generally have nightmares about tornados. I swear....I really think that's how I'm going to bite it. I have at least 1 tornado dream a month :(.

We were all at tristate a few years ago and this huge dust storm came through and I completely froze. I couldn't move, couldnt' talk, couldn't do anything......paralyzed. Tim screamed at me and pushed me into his truck. That's the first time anything has ever scared me so bad that I couldn't move.

Now..the frickin devil dogs. I think if I seen one I might actually faint. The racoon gives me a good rattle, especially when it's like 4 in the morning and I can barely see anyway.

This past summer I thought I heard a coyote out in the woods, I shined my flashlight in the woods and all the sudden I had like 6 pair of eyes staring back at me....my heart literally stopped. Thank god it was just some deer....

Now I'm not gonna sleep......

The solution to your problem is an orange supercharged cobra, it outruns tornados, duststorms, racoons, deer, coyotes, and most everything else:D

...of course you could just rev it up and scare the latter half of what i mentioned

More like a few months at most. If there is a food source around they get brave and keep coming back. Before I started killing them I had a pack kill a newborn calf. In the past three years i've killed five on my place. If you dont start killing them they will stick around until there is nothing left for them and then the few that do stay will start getting closer to peoples homes looking for food. It is best to kill them before this happens wether you want to or not. There is a reason that there is no closed hunting season on coyotes.

I remember the coyote that wouldnt die out at your place matt... that was weird... sure had a big hole in it when it was finally done:bigthumb

93lincolnmk8
04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I remember the coyote that wouldnt die out at your place matt... that was weird... sure had a big hole in it when it was finally done:bigthumb

That was the latest one that we killed out here. My dad shot it at 200+ yards with a 22-250 rifle. It left a six inch hole in its neck and it walked away. We found it in a culvert pipe in the middle of the field and when it finally died (had to shoot it again even with a gaping hole in its neck!) we pulled it out and it appeared to be badly diseased and had a back leg broken in multiple places.