Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am a Hero!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I am a Hero!!

DeckerEnt
04-01-2008, 12:43 AM
My first Carpet cleaning job today went a little different. I had the key to the house since the owners were on vacation. I get there, open the door and see notes taped to the door frame for all the people who will be in the house while they are gone. So I read them. One to me, one to the cleaning ladies etc... In one of the notes, not the one to me, she says she lost the diamond from her ring and if they find it to leave it on the kitchen counter. Well now I am on a mission. The job had to have taken an hour longer than it should because I was looking for anything shiny in the carpet. Well, I finished the job and didn't find anything while I was cleaning. I packed up my hoses, wrote the bill, locked the door and was ready to leave when I decided to check the lint filter in my truck. Well I found the diamond. It was large enough not o fall through the filter but it was small enough to fit through my cleaning wand.
With the stone in hand I went back inside, found a cell number from one of the notes and called. I had to leave a message. I hope I made the wife's day when she checked her messages.
I probably could have pawned the stone for a few c notes. It was a good one but I took the high road. I see customers as sort of friends. Who would fu<k over a friend right? Anyway, I felt good doing the right thing.
Keith

92BlackStang
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Glad to hear i found a guy wallet the other day had 120 bucks in it i took it to him..

DeckerEnt
04-01-2008, 12:54 AM
I thought there were other good people in this world. Good to be proven right for once.
Keith

Maximus
04-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Chalk one up for the Good guys!!!

That shows Great character Keith. Way to go!!:bigthumb:bigthumb

Pops Fun
04-01-2008, 07:08 AM
That is the way to live life!!!

Steve

Black Horse
04-01-2008, 07:27 AM
I hope your attitude spreads, the world needs more of that! Thanks Keith for being you!

dedpedal
04-01-2008, 07:32 AM
I argued with the counter girl at Speedway because she gave me too much change back.

Flaming87lx
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

bestracing
04-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Way to go!! Good to see there's more people out there that would do the right thing!!

Silver Bullet
04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Keep it up... yes there are still good people in the world!:bigthumb

Holly
04-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I bought my sister some diamond earrings with her birthstone in them for Christmas. They were $180, I got them half price a couple of days before Christmas. Anyway, she wore them to Las Vegas when we went a few weeks ago. She was taking off her hoody in front of the Bellagio and one fell out, at night. We had security out there looking, never did find it.

Two days later we were walking by the Bellagio, and I said "let's go see if anyone turned it in". The security lady had told us the night she lost it that they sweep the sidewalks every night, so the chances of us finding it were slim to none. I had noted and looked for landmarks immediately when she dropped the earring. We were walking back up the sidewalk, I stopped where I thought she dropped it, and sure enough, there it was down in the cracks of the sidewalk, diamond side down (the back was sticking up, probably why nobody noticed it shining in the sun). I reached down and said "here it is" very nonchalantly. My sister about started crying, we couldn't believe I had found it. It's not like it was an expensive piece of jewerly, more sentimental value to her.

That's awesome what you did Keith! I'm sure the lady is going to be thrilled.

CincySR
04-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes there are still good people left in this world. I was following a group of business men into a Bdub's one afternoon at work. One of the men dropped his money clip while putting it back into his pocket. It was a basic money clip, and I'm not sure how much money was there, but the outside bill was a 100 dollar bill. I could have easily taken it, but I ran after the man and gave it back. He took it, said thank you and that was it.

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Awww...I think this story just made my morning. I LOVE hearing stuff like this.

My husband bought me a ring from Tiffanys for our wedding anniversary a few years ago. I went to the gym to work out, took off all my jewelry and put it in my purse. Well, I hadn't zipped my purse up and all my stuff got jumbled around and I couldn't find my ring. I was sooooo upset. I looked everywhere.....I retraced my steps, searched the gym, searched my car....notta.

TWO weeks later I'm getting out of my car in the parking garage at my work. I'm heading for the stairwell when I see a note taped to the door stating "Jewelry Found Please Call". I was like....NO WAY! I called the guy and told him I lost my ring. He made me describe it to him (I thought that was good). He said he found it in the parking garage and he took it home. His wife looked at it and said "Honey, this ring is from Tiffanys and someone is going to want it back".
I met him the next day and gave him a $50 gift card for returning it.

The ring had been ran over and the heart on it is a little disfigured, and I could get it fixed, but I'm not going to. I wear it everyday just to remind myself that there are good people in the world. :)

Rock on Decker!! You's a good man!

R825OH
04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Good job Keith!! Honesty is a good thing. Maybe they will get some morework for you too!!

bobtsgt
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
good boy Keith. That was very cool thing you did. You probably have another customer for life now :D

Timido
04-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Karma I hope it is returned to you x10

DeckerEnt
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and good stories. I have always been an optimast. I think people are generally good at heart. I believe there are more good people out there than not so good people.
Keith

Mista Bone
04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd dropped a $3456 check that I was to deposit at local UDF. Flo the lady working found it and got ahold of me.

I went to Red Lobster and got a $50 gift card for her.

Yes, there are still decent people out there, Karma goes both ways :)

ibstrokin
04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I think someone is angling for the humanitarian award:lol:

JFWY, Atta Boy

07thorobrd
04-02-2008, 12:31 AM
i accidentally hit a persons mailbox one night and i could have gotten away w it bc no one but me and my friend saw it happen but instead i wrote them a note tellening them what happened and saying that i was sorry and i wrote them a check to get it fixed. i was proud of myself for doing that

firestang70
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Kudos to you Keith. Thank you for your honesty.

Katmandu
04-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Karma I hope it is returned to you x10 GOOD KARMAN. :bigthumb

This reminds me of tradegy I endured years ago...... :rolleyes:

Somewhere in a waste dump in Wichita Falls, TX, sit (2) DIAMOND wedding rings. :eek:

One is my wife's "1st" diamond wedding ring and the other's WAS her Grandmother's diamond wedding ring !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggg story. :rolleyes:

I tell it someday when I get the time. :dork:

DeckerEnt
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
I am not going to Texas and cleaning a dump for you. LOL Sorry to hear that. Post up the story.
Keith

Markcore
04-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I believe in Karma dude! What comes around goes around. Congrats on doing whats right!!

Katmandu
04-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I am not going to Texas and cleaning a dump for you. LOL Sorry to hear that. Post up the story.
KeithI'll tell you what.... :cool2:

There are (2) Diamond rings sitting in that dump right now and "IF" you can find them...I WILL GIVE YOU THE CAR IN MY 91GT Convertible (car in my Sig) !!!

I'm true to my word brother! :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
04-06-2008, 01:12 AM
I try to do the right thing every day. Just catch me before I do it. After, all bets are off. LOL Just kidding. Thanks for the kind words.
Keith

DeckerEnt
04-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I'll tell you what.... :cool2:

There are (2) Diamond rings sitting in that dump right now and "IF" you can find them...I WILL GIVE YOU THE CAR IN MY 91GT Convertible (car in my Sig) !!!

I'm true to my word brother! :bigthumb

That is one hell of an offer. If I am ever in Texas, well I will probably never be in Texas so...Got to be honest. Seriously, that is a nice car. Wouldn't it be funny if I really did go to Texas and find them!!!
Keith

Katmandu
04-06-2008, 06:35 AM
That is one hell of an offer. If I am ever in Texas, well I will probably never be in Texas so...Got to be honest. Seriously, that is a nice car. Wouldn't it be funny if I really did go to Texas and find them!!!
KeithAbsolutely!!

"IF" you were able to actually find them, YOU would most definately be a Hero in mine and MY WIFE's eyes AND you would have a nice red 91GT Vert sitting in your driveway! :bigthumb

Guess I should say, my wife's diamond ring that I "threw away" was "just" payed off. It came about (5) months after we got married. My wife's grandmother passed about a year before I met her and her diamond wedding ring was the ONLY keepsafe that she was given.

I'll post up my story in another separate thread to not to detract from your story here. :cool2:

Katmandu
04-06-2008, 08:41 AM
That is one hell of an offer. I guess I should tell ya Keith they are buried under (25) YEARS worth of garbage! :eek:

You might need to take along Mike Rowe from the TV show "World's Dirtest Jobs"! :bigthumb