Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ryan's All Glass...to hell with them [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's All Glass...to hell with them

Mrblkramair
03-22-2008, 04:18 AM
First post btw...woohoo:cool2:

In the winter of 07 our Land Rover got a rock chip in the window so we called up our insurance and got a claim number to have it fixed. We told Ryan's what year make model and all that bs so they can get a new one. They replaced it and all was good right? No....first I took it back to the shop because I didn't think everything looked right, I was told that is how it should look,:rolleyes: then there is a tiny leak that we noticed a few months later...didn't think much of it. Now a month or so ago after a good hard rain there is a nice little stream and wet area on the headliner...now I am pissed. Lucky for us Brenda got another rock chip. Called State Farm asked for someone else cause we didn't like Ryans. TNT called us and tells us oh yea you should have the heated windshield (which Ryans didn't give us)..comes out a few days later and tells Brenda how fucked up a job Ryans did leaving a large area without any sealer and broke some small plastic guard that he fixed. Needless to say I am less than pleased and am now going to try to get Ryan's off State Farms provider list.

Ok thats it for now...

Mista Bone
03-22-2008, 04:40 AM
You won't get Ryans on their list, they are the cheapest for a reason.

When the rear hatch exploded on the TA and State Farm mentioned Ryan's, I told the lady, I'd rather total the car out first before letting them get near it.

Mrblkramair
03-22-2008, 04:56 AM
I wish I would have known that before hand...it's just plain stupid how shitty of a job they did.

bobtsgt
03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
thats why some of us deal with Jason (glassman) he came out to my work and did my explorer within an hour or two. No leaks at all. We have state farm and they told us to use whoever we wanted. And with zero comp. its was free :bigthumb

mach_u
03-22-2008, 07:54 AM
thats why some of us deal with Jason (glassman) he came out to my work and did my explorer within an hour or two. No leaks at all. We have state farm and they told us to use whoever we wanted. And with zero comp. its was free :bigthumb
+1 for Jason. He's replaced the Focus windshield about 2 out of the three times I have replaced. 1st due a mat coming off the back of a semi. 2nd due to an expoloding can of compressed air on the front seat(thankfully I wasn't in it!) and 3rd due to a bad rock chip. I have zero luck with windshields but he has always done a great job. :bigthumb

Mr.Moontang
03-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Jason is the man!!

Waffles
03-22-2008, 08:50 AM
I hate to trash Ryan's because we all make mistakes, and I have friends that work there. Having said that, I hear these stories a lot about them. I met Jason the other night and he seems like a really good guy. We've been in the glass business for 32 years in northern Kentucky but don't do auto glass, we'll probably start referring our calls to Jason.

BigBadStang
03-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I hear ya screamin bro...i had all kinds of issues with Safelite when they replaced the passenger door glass on the 95 Stang. It took them all damn day to replace it, when I got it back, I could hear air leaking around the window, and when you get in a downpour, water leaks in. I took it back 5 times to get it fixed right, but they couldn't get it right. After fighting with the insurance co, they told me to take it to another shop (Guardian). The guy at gaurdian told me the window was bad (distorted shape, which is what I told safelite when I picked it up, it didn't look right...) and replaced it...problem fixed. oh yeah...and safelite also shit canned the plastic liner behind the door panel...assholes.

Waffles
03-23-2008, 05:29 PM
You know, people just don't care about the work they do anymore. When I was about 13 or 14 I watched my dad fire a guy off the job. He was caulking, and it looked terrible. When my father pointed it out the guy said, "Eh, you can't see it from my house." People have a strange sense of entitlement in the last few years. They think if you open a business, people are obligated to buy something from you. People also think they are owed employment just because they need it. It's sad out there.