PDA

View Full Version : elemi cpl peices

TONYT
03-15-2008, 02:26 PM
i want to gt rid of two peices under the hood if they dont matter,they are as follows

on the passenger side in the rear of the engine bay there is a part that has four(4) vaccum type lines on it what is this controlling

front passenger side the cannister that seems to been connected to the pollution pump maybe,it has a cpl vaccum lines coming off it also

if these are not too important i need the space,not running a polution pump on my setup,and if the ones in the back dont controll anythig important i want em gone

zlou363lx
03-15-2008, 04:27 PM
i don't know what the thing on the firewall is, but i left it there on my car. you can pull that smog thing, though. the smog can is on the frame rail, correct?

5.0calypso93lx
03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
i want to gt rid of two peices under the hood if they dont matter,they are as follows

on the passenger side in the rear of the engine bay there is a part that has four(4) vaccum type lines on it what is this controlling

front passenger side the cannister that seems to been connected to the pollution pump maybe,it has a cpl vaccum lines coming off it also

if these are not too important i need the space,not running a polution pump on my setup,and if the ones in the back dont controll anythig important i want em gone

With the first thing you are referring to, I am only using to of those vacuum hoses, both of which go to that tree that goes onto the bottom of the upper intake manifold.

The 2nd thing is the charcoal canister. I think its just for emisions, and has a line that runs all the way back to the gas tank. I just left mine it, because it weighs like 2lbs.

TONYT
03-15-2008, 08:42 PM
yea i got the 2 on the intake and one mo from that peice that goes to the egr,do u know what the 2 you left hooked up run,and as far as the cannister,do u still run the caccum line from it to the front of the intake also

5.0calypso93lx
03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
yea i got the 2 on the intake and one mo from that peice that goes to the egr,do u know what the 2 you left hooked up run,and as far as the cannister,do u still run the caccum line from it to the front of the intake also

I'm not sure what the other two vacuum hoses are for. Yes, I do run the hose from the canister up to the front of the manifold still.