Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Enough is enough, This was sent to me [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough, This was sent to me

kennebellcobra
03-14-2008, 08:14 PM
NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. JOIN THE RESISTANCE!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, if not before, and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

WE need to take some intelligent, UNITED action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew WE wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can REALLY work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.45, maybe more..it seems to go up everyday, for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have CONDITIONED US to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, WE need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, WE CONSUMERS need to take action.

The only way WE are going to see the price of gas come down is if WE hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, WE CAN DO THAT WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since WE all rely on our cars, WE can't just stop buying gas.

But WE CAN have an impact on gas prices if WE ALL ACT TOGETHER to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, WE need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If EACH OF US send this to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers . If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how WE can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If EACH OF US sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think YOU AND I had that much potential, did you! Acting TOGETHER, WE can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Personal note: My brother in law and I were talking about this very subject yesterday. If the price of gas is gonna go down WE
ALL need to work together. Not just a certain part of a state, or certain part of the country. It has to be everyone. EVERYONE!
Everyone WORKING TOGETHER can make a difference. It has been known to happen. And bombarding you representatives in Washington would also help. Of course, money talks, and the lobbyist have proven that also. Those representatives were voted in by YOU AND I....they should be representing us...WE as American citizens, voters, can do something about their job if they don't
want to work for the people. Have you heard of impeachment? It can work on any Washington representative. Not just the President. And, we shouldn't have to wait for another election year to vote them out. I feel the representatives should have to
write a performance review of what they have accomplished each year and make them accountable. But watch out for the "BS"
cuz, they are very, very good with their "BS" degree. I'm not talking about Bachelor of Science degree either. It's one of those "what have you done for me lately?"

But anyway....something needs to be done and it will not, unless, WE ALL WORK TOGETHER. Please send this to as many people as
you think you can reach. Let's get the word out. My feelings, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!

One more thing......why can't we use our own resources? What about all the wells that were capped years ago, so we could
depend on oil from the Arab Nations. Or the oil that is being produced in Alaska and being sold overseas. Common sense, not
for everybody. It's all about the all mighty dollar. Do not worry about the consumer.....they can take the "hit". They'll get
groomed to accept it! Folks, it's not just the gas.....it everything related to it.....including our food!!!!! Think about it!!!!

Let's just let the oil companies and CEO's make billions and billions of dollars each quarter. You say, "we can't do anything about
it". If that is what you are thinking, then, I'm thinking you're wrong. WE ALL have to take a stand....NOT just a few.

PaulFiveOh
03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

99Slobra
03-14-2008, 10:41 PM
another one?

Carl
03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Great...more junk emails to delete...

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 11:52 PM
That is a good idea BUT..... It won't do anything to increase the value of the US Dollar.

Oil is traded in US Dollars.

Since the value of the Dollar is DECREASING worldwide (due to the Recession), the price of Oil will continue to RISE. :rolleyes:

Goldenpony
03-17-2008, 04:33 PM
This is an idea and an e-mail that has been around for quite a while. Guess what, it won't work. There's one, and only one action we as motorists can take that will lower the price of gas; it's incredibly simple, use less. I think I read that if we used 5% less gas, the price would come down something like $1 a gallon. I don't have much faith that will happen either.

IWRBB
03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
That is a good idea BUT..... It won't do anything to increase the value of the US Dollar.

Oil is traded in US Dollars.

Since the value of the Dollar is DECREASING worldwide (due to the Recession), the price of Oil will continue to RISE. :rolleyes:

All oil WAS traded in US dollars. There's a new market now that trades in Euros. Not good for our dollar.

Black Horse
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't buy from Exxon/Mobile? riiiiggghhhtttt. And just who should we buy from since they supply the fuel to 98% of our stations in this area.

Want to drive prices down? If everyone cut their driving in half...we might be able to make a small statement. (Or bomb China and India - the new emerging high oil demanding countries).