Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
How is the Price of Gas effecting you and your family ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How is the Price of Gas effecting you and your family ?

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
How is the Price of Gasoline/Diesel effecting you and your family ?

PaulFiveOh
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
*Affecting Effects, affect you.

Just giving you shit :)

My company raised our reimbursement 2 cents a mile....not a big diff IMO

bbfstanger
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
i heard they wanted to get it up to $4.00 by the summer,looks like they are on they're way.
kat i wasnt ignoring you in that other thread lol!
your vert is now in toledo with a 5.0 back in it.
ive had two more verts after yours and will actually get this one driving lol!
sorry bout the off topic
john

99Slobra
03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Um. Nothing really. I gotta drive. I might pull some timing out of my tune to try and get some better gas mileage..lol

SMOKE
03-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't even look at the prices anymore, I never fill up though because I have a demo from the dealership I work at and don't want to sell it full of MY gas!!! :)

$30 does seem to last a lot less time than it used to though...

mach_u
03-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Doesn't really. Rachel's Aveo gets 30mpg, my Focus is a company vehicle with all expenses(gas included) paid and if we don't feel like filling up the Mustang or the Cobra - they stay in the garage. :dunno:

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
*Affecting Effects, affect you.

Just giving you shit :) :flipoff: Are you makking fun uf my publik edukashun ? :eek: :D

Mista Bone
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
$30 a week going for gas instead of beer :(

fordman
03-15-2008, 01:34 AM
this gas price stuffs crazy man its not jus the family i feel bad for this nation i think its gonna really going to hurt our pockets 2 an 3 years from now when were pushun the 5 dollar mark:eek:

Katmandu
03-15-2008, 01:57 AM
$30 a week going for gas instead of beer :(Now THAT is a good reason to go to WAR for! :cheers: :bigthumb

Katmandu
03-15-2008, 02:47 AM
kat i wasnt ignoring you in that other thread lol!
your vert is now in toledo with a 5.0 back in it.

ive had two more verts after yours and will actually get this one driving lol!
sorry bout the off topic
johnWhat thread ? :confused:

Dang! I was hoping you'd get my old Vert up and running! :( Did the dude put it back on the street ? BTW, that Vert was in a Stangbangerz calender a couple years ago.

Black92LX
03-15-2008, 09:45 AM
haven't been effected.

If anyone has ever traveled to Europe they would know we have it very very easy here.

There are talks of drilling ANWAR.

Mustard
03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
For me the jump up to 3.45 caused me to have to spend an extra $10 to fill up. That might not be a lot but I need to fill up 2 times a week. so really Im spending an extra $80 a month. I saw it came down .10 in the last day or so. There is really no reason for this. We as a country need to start building more refineries and drilling form our own oil. That would be a way to help jump start our economy again.

beefcake
03-15-2008, 02:22 PM
For me the jump up to 3.45 caused me to have to spend an extra $10 to fill up. That might not be a lot but I need to fill up 2 times a week. so really Im spending an extra $80 a month. I saw it came down .10 in the last day or so. There is really no reason for this. We as a country need to start building more refineries and drilling form our own oil. That would be a way to help jump start our economy again.

they won't though because they are making record billions every 1/4

everyone talks and complains, but there aint $hit we can really do about it

short of some crazy starting to take out c.e.o.s of the companies, it ain't gonna change lol

Gene
03-15-2008, 03:40 PM
It affects me more psychologically than it does monetarily.

My Miata gets 30mpg, and my bikes all get at least 40mpg, so an extra $10 on a fillup doesn't really affect my life that much.

That being said, it does piss me off and I find myself driving less. I'm more likely to buy something nearby that's more expensive than drive across town to save a few dollars. Also, I'm more likely to go to a bar or restaurant in my neighborhood than to go across town.

I will be using my motorcycle as general transportation more often this summer.

Rick93coupe
03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I bought a really nice mountain bike. I plan on riding whenever I can. They even put in a bike path from down the street from my house to within about 3 miles of work. Probably 8-10 miles total. When the weather gets a little better I'm going to try and ride it a few times and see if its something I can do a few times a week. At 34 my heart could use the excercise.

Goober
03-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Not a lot. I live 7 miles from work. All our shopping is within 3 miles.

Timido
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I am glad I bought anouther gas friendly honda 35-40mpg for a daily driver instead of buying a newer tow veh that got 20mpg to drive everyday. I also started ride sharing to work 4 of us drive downtown from west BFE everyday. Thats 3 cars worth of gas we are saving 4-5 days a week 75-100miles each day. The Excursion will be used only when it is needed.

BigBadStang
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
20 gallon tank...
.30 cent hike = 6 bucks...
fill up once a week.

I would normally piss away that much on gum, and shit.

so I guess it isn't effecting me much yet.

We'll more than likely feel it more in the long run with increased prices on everything else we buy that has to be transported, or shipped (fuel surcharges passed along to the consumer).

cstreu1026
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Doesn't really. Rachel's Aveo gets 30mpg, my Focus is a company vehicle with all expenses(gas included) paid and if we don't feel like filling up the Mustang or the Cobra - they stay in the garage. :dunno:

30 mpg? That's it?

mach_u
03-15-2008, 10:25 PM
30 mpg? That's it?
Yeah, kinda sad, I know! A 5spd would have been a little better but we got such a steal on this we couldn't pass it up.

Mista Bone
03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
30 mpg? That's it?

for real, the eath trap should be getting 35 mpg, down hill, in a tail wind :)

Warmer temps = better MPG in the Honda, up to about 36 mpg now, need to see 65-75 F for best mileage. I've only driven 45,000 miles in the past 11 months, you can see how gas prices effect me. My only hope is the per diem mileage is raised next year.

2007 = 48.5 cpm
2008 = 50.5 cpm
2009 = ????

WHYTRY
03-15-2008, 11:11 PM
i spend about 100 dollars a night on fuel for the tow truck its bullshit i think. the cost of living is more than enough then you have to spend 50 bux to drive anywere.

Katmandu
03-16-2008, 04:11 AM
i spend about 100 dollars a night on fuel for the tow truck its bullshit i think. the cost of living is more than enough then you have to spend 50 bux to drive anywere.:eek:

Just pass the cost down the consumer like everyone else does. :rolleyes:

Katmandu
03-16-2008, 04:13 AM
The Excursion will be used only when it is needed.Big rigs that get less than 14 MPG aren't going to be worth didly shit in the next few years if this keeps up. :rolleyes:

BigBadStang
03-16-2008, 09:45 AM
It going to turn into "The Road Warrior" around here soon!! :lol:

cobraman302
03-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Its funny how the governments tactics are kinda working on most of us. People start talking about how this $.20-$.30 hike in prices arent that bad, which I agree. For my little tracer it costs me an extra $4 a week driving 300 miles a week.

But what about the last 30 cent hike, and the one before that, and the one before that? We all forget about the previous prices by the time it gets hiked again. The last time I drove the Lightning fuel 93 was at about $3.00, and now we are talking $3.65 or higher by the time it gets out this spring? So at about this summer fuel will cost me about $40 more a month that last year for the truck, and about $20 more a month for the beater. Its gettin old, but its a fact of life now.

Timido
03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Big rigs that get less than 14 MPG aren't going to be worth didly shit in the next few years if this keeps up. :rolleyes:

If this keeps up the cars on the road will look like europe Diesel and small cars only.

WHYTRY
03-16-2008, 12:10 PM
:eek:

Just pass the cost down the consumer like everyone else does. :rolleyes:

it is if i was paying that id just quit. id rather sit on my ass and go broke then to work and be broke.lol

zombis
03-17-2008, 11:20 AM
ive been reduced to driving a mitsubishi :mad:
and still have to scrap up the money to drive it. lol

05yellowgt
03-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Doesn't effect me at all in the Escape, I'll just keep filling it and driving. As far as the Mustang It gets great mileage for what it is (18.5mpg city/27mpg highway) but filling up with 94 octane Sunoco does get expensive all the same. I decided to convert the Stang to run on E85. A set of 39lb injectors and some dyno time is all I needed. I am now getting about 16.5mpg city and 22.5mpg highway. Even with the mileage hit I am saving about 2.8 cents per mile city and about 1.1 cents highway. This should get better this summer as E85 SHOULD go down in price when the blend switches from 70/30 to summer blend 85/15. Not saving much, but at least most of the money for fuel on the Stang is now going to American farmers and Ethanol refiners than going to OPEC.

blueoval4ever
03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Doesn't effect me at all in the Escape, I'll just keep filling it and driving. As far as the Mustang It gets great mileage for what it is (18.5mpg city/27mpg highway) but filling up with 94 octane Sunoco does get expensive all the same. I decided to convert the Stang to run on E85. A set of 39lb injectors and some dyno time is all I needed. I am now getting about 16.5mpg city and 22.5mpg highway. Even with the mileage hit I am saving about 2.8 cents per mile city and about 1.1 cents highway. This should get better this summer as E85 SHOULD go down in price when the blend switches from 70/30 to summer blend 85/15. Not saving much, but at least most of the money for fuel on the Stang is now going to American farmers and Ethanol refiners than going to OPEC.

Only problem is that since they gave incentives for farmers to grow corn they kinda forgot about wheat so now the price of wheat has sky rocketed. So now you pay less for corn products and double for wheat products. So you saved 1.1 cents per mile but spent 5 dollars more per pizza, so you broke even. :lol: I don't know about you but I love pizza, so now I'm paying more for pizza so you can save 1.1 cents per mile.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23396365/

Hmmmm, doesn't beer have wheat in it?:chug:

recklessop
03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Only problem is that since they gave incentives for farmers to grow corn they kinda forgot about wheat so now the price of wheat has sky rocketed. So now you pay less for corn products and double for wheat products. So you saved 1.1 cents per mile but spent 5 dollars more per pizza, so you broke even. :lol: I don't know about you but I love pizza, so now I'm paying more for pizza so you can save 1.1 cents per mile.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23396365/

Hmmmm, doesn't beer have wheat in it?:chug:

only if you buy a weizen...

beer = barley + hops + yeast

blueoval4ever
03-17-2008, 11:49 PM
only if you buy a weizen...

beer = barley + hops + yeast

Ahh, that's right. I'm no beer expert obviously. Just stay away from the wheat beers then.:bigthumb

Mista Bone
03-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Mom traded in her 1996 V6 Buick FWD that got about 22 mpg overall for a 2008 LaCrosse Super V8 FWD that is getting 16 mpg. Has "enough" money to not really care, but she doesn't waste either.

BTW FUCK A WEIZEN! If your prone to gout, STAY AWAY!

GreenMachine
03-18-2008, 03:22 AM
I am headed to Florida for spring break.
Gas is going to kick my ass.
The price in FL is High.