Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Gas [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gas

Ryan218
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
when will it every stop :( they keep rising like this im gonna be forced to sell the stang and not be able to buy another :(

$3.49 in hilliard, was $2.98 yesderday :mad:

redripper
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
skrew those commie bastards. I bet any thing that all oil companies will show a record profit for the quater. What was it last quater 47 billion dollars. But its one of things you have to have. You would thing the government would step in but im sure they are getting their cut too but the national deficit keeps growing.

Bluecrew07
03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
$3.45 over here in Eastgate and i have to put premium in mine so it $3.65 WTF! but i did see one gas station already start to lower prices. to $3.19 within like the first couple hours so maybe it be close to normal whatever that may be

Mista Bone
03-12-2008, 01:02 AM
It won't stop until people slow down and use a brain.

I was doing 70 on 275 tonight and SUV's just flying by. One did slow down, he was doing about 80-85 until that white car turned on his light bar :)

OHP has been sitting on 275 alot lately between 71 and Milford in the evenings.

I love my cruise control.

02mingryGT
03-12-2008, 06:53 AM
skrew those commie bastards. I bet any thing that all oil companies will show a record profit for the quater. What was it last quater 47 billion dollars. But its one of things you have to have. You would thing the government would step in but im sure they are getting their cut too but the national deficit keeps growing.

Of course they'll show a profit. Their usual profit margin is 7-10% last I heard. So based on that they made around 4.7 billion. Not bad.

07thorobrd
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
All i know is that it's times like these when im glad that i dont drive my mustang everyday. i can remember the summer before i started driving gas was less than a dollar per gallon. man wouldnt that be sweet now...probably wont ever see those times again though

Rick93coupe
03-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Gas will go down when congress steps out of the way and lets us build more refineries. I think its been 30 yrs since we've built a refinery and last I checked there's more cars on the road today than there were 30 yrs ago.
The next thing would be to get the bleeding heart liberals (aka: tree huggers) out of the way of drilling where we know, we have our own oil supplies. Such as Anwar and the golf of Mexico.
Here's an example of the dems standing in the way of progress.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/117458_oiled.html

See if you can find anything in there that says I'm a damn tree hugger, business shouldn't get tax breaks for providing a service to the American people, and maybe we should just hord our own oil.
Fuckin pisses me off!

R825OH
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Screw it!I will just ride my bike! It keeps me fit too, the stang may get put on the back burner for now. Maybe I'll build a 4 cyl.

cstreu1026
03-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm all for cheaper gas but you have to draw the line somewhere. Would you want an oil company setting up shop in your back yard? I suspect not. I really don't see why they should start drilling holes in the artic for a ery temporary fix. It could take 10 years or more to bring that oil to market and the cost would be well in to the billions of dollars. Its estimated that there is 10.3 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil in ANWR. The latest estimated of oil comsuption that I could find (2005) said that the US was consuming about 7.6 billion barrels a year and it is projected to increase at 2% per year. The oil in ANWR couldn't power this nation for more than a year and a half. SO is it really worth it or would those billions of dollar spent on exploration, development, and production be better spend on finding an alternative?

Oh yeah and we already drill for oil in the Gulf. In fact that is where the majority of our oil production is.

02mingryGT
03-13-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm all for cheaper gas but you have to draw the line somewhere. Would you want an oil company setting up shop in your back yard? I suspect not. I really don't see why they should start drilling holes in the artic for a ery temporary fix. It could take 10 years or more to bring that oil to market and the cost would be well in to the billions of dollars. Its estimated that there is 10.3 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil in ANWR. The latest estimated of oil comsuption that I could find (2005) said that the US was consuming about 7.6 billion barrels a year and it is projected to increase at 2% per year. The oil in ANWR couldn't power this nation for more than a year and a half. SO is it really worth it or would those billions of dollar spent on exploration, development, and production be better spend on finding an alternative?

Oh yeah and we already drill for oil in the Gulf. In fact that is where the majority of our oil production is.

It would be up to the oil companies to decide if it was worth it. They would be the ones bidding on the job. I say if they want to drill there then there's a reason for it.

The biggest issue with the gas is the commodities traders in NY. They are the ones setting the price of gas.

cstreu1026
03-13-2008, 09:08 AM
That is the truth right. It is the commodities traders that are running the price up. Hopefully it turns out just like the dot com bubble and burst.

I don't really think that a few hundred thousand barrels or oil a year ten years from now is really worth ruining one of our last great stretches of undisturbed wilderness. If the goverment were to open up more of Alaska to oil exploration today that we would see prices drop tomorrow. We would be looking at a minimum of 10 years before any of that oil would make it to market. There is no existing infrastructure to support oil production there and that would all have to be built. They would also have to find the oil which takes time. Its believed that the oil in ANWR is in smaller pockets vs. 1 large pool like in the middle east. That makes recovering the oil must costlier and time consuming.

HRSEPWR
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
when will it every stop :( they keep rising like this im gonna be forced to sell the stang and not be able to buy another :(

$3.49 in hilliard, was $2.98 yesderday :mad:

Keep the stang as your extra car and go buy a VW Jetta TDI... That's what I did and I love it... 50 mpg on the highway and 43 to 45 in the city. Diesel is more expensive but at 45 mpg I'm still laughing as I pass the gas stations. I swore when I first got it that the gas gauge was broke, it stayed on full for the longest time. :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
I am all for drilling our own oil here in our own country. Hell just go down to the bottom of the gulf and uncap the wells we already drilled. The problem lies in cost. Oil needs to sell for over 60 per barrel for drilling to be profitable. I know right now oil is over 100. But lets say we drill in anwr and hit big. The saudis and other suppliers will just ramp up production, increase reserves, and drop the price to less than 50 a barrel making it not worth our time to drill.
Keith

theyallslow
03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
supply and demand. if you dont like ride the bus. it is going to keep going up.

IWRBB
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Gas and diesel will never go down. It will get more expensive from here on. It'll go to $5, then $10, then $20, then $50 a gallon. It's just a matter of time. We will burn it until it's gone, and won't change to using something else until we absolutley have too.

The world wants more and more oil every day, and everyone is pumping it out of the ground as fast as possible right now. Everything I've read and seen says SA can't crank up production. It's running pretty much flat out. Their wells, just like all the other big wells around the world are not producing like they did when they were new. Unless they/we/anyone find a few more huge fields like the one in SA, it's going to become more scarce and more expensive every day.

We will never run out, it'll just get more and more expensive as it gets harder to suck out of the ground. We will start using the lower quailty oil that wasn't economically feasible when it was $20 a barrel, we already are doing that with Chavez's crap oil, it needs a special plant to process it. 50 years ago, no one would even consider using that stuff.

Holly
03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
I put $25 in the Charger on Tuesday, and have been running on that all week. I saw it for $3.28 at UDF on Kellogg this morning, I guess that's the best deal around. :rolleyes: It's going to cost me $60 to fill that thing up now. ERRRR!! Glad I don't drive very far to work!

FMGT1999
03-13-2008, 10:05 AM
There talking about 3.50 by July and 4.00 dollars for the cheap stuff by the end of the year.

I am going to be riding my Honda trail 70 to work soon at this rate...:tard:

Kyle

89notch
03-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Bio Diesel for me :rockon: .40/gallon

theyallslow
03-13-2008, 10:14 AM
bus and bike.

IWRBB
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
bus and bike.

No buses go near my work and you'd get run over by a driver talking on their cell phone if you tried to ride a bicycle on these roads. No curb and no shoulder in lots of places. Driving is not optional once you get outside the denser areas.

cstreu1026
03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
If I could ride a bus to work I would. Talk about a stress free commute.

Rick93coupe
03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I dont feel like argueing today, so I'll just say I'm gonna buy another bike. Something enduro like the yamaha ltz400. I'll ride that thing rain or shine to and from work.

I will say this though. I think we should do whatever it takes to become less dependant on foreign oil. If that means putting a station in my backyard then so be it. I care less about the migration of animals than I do with the continuation and prosperity of our country.

k062693w
03-13-2008, 11:22 AM
I dont feel like argueing today, so I'll just say I'm gonna buy another bike. Something enduro like the yamaha ltz400. I'll ride that thing rain or shine to and from work.

I will say this though. I think we should do whatever it takes to become less dependant on foreign oil. If that means putting a station in my backyard then so be it. I care less about the migration of animals than I do with the continuation and prosperity of our country.

Amen To That!!! Build a refinery in my back yard, If it'll bring gas back down under $2.00 a gallon I'm all for it.. :bigthumb
Besides it's just a bunch of stinking caribou :lol:

Slow9023
03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I can't find the article now, but read it on CNN a few days ago. It gave figures of how the US oil reserves were 3x more than what analysts expected to have right now.

I still say the problem lies with this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/07/jon-stewart-ponders-bush_n_90395.html

Now if you'll excuse me I'm grabbing a shovel and going outside.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-13-2008, 12:11 PM
You guys think it's bad now? Wait until around the 4th of July...

Goober
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/ethanol.jpg

THE POWER OF CORN COMPELS YOU!!!!

:D

dwestrich3
03-14-2008, 09:38 AM
hell the gas prices are really hitting me hard everywhere i got is 20 miles I live 10 miles from the closest store. gas keeps going up i won't have to worry about car payments. the stang sits in the garage most of the time now i have two 4x4s we drive all the time cause we live in the country we been spending over 200 a week. Thats more than a house payment a month

04 Venom
03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
It would be up to the oil companies to decide if it was worth it. They would be the ones bidding on the job. I say if they want to drill there then there's a reason for it.

The biggest issue with the gas is the commodities traders in NY. They are the ones setting the price of gas.

I agree. Although the world supply slightly exceeds demand, the rise in crude prices is mostly due to the speculative buying on the commodity market. People and companies with no involvment in the oil business are making huge profits buying and selling futures contracts. And, yes, the bubble will burst (probably not soon) and crude should decline, I hope, to the supply/demand point of $70-$80 per barrel.

On the other hand we also have to look into the mirror for part of the blame. We act as if we have a God-given right to cheap petroleum; many Americans buy fuel guzzlers and drive 80 MPH on the interstates; and, we keep voting for politicians, of both parties, that have done nothing to address the underlying issues since the first "gas crisis" in 1973--35 years ago.

04 Venom
03-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Gas will go down when congress steps out of the way and lets us build more refineries. I think its been 30 yrs since we've built a refinery and last I checked there's more cars on the road today than there were 30 yrs ago.
The next thing would be to get the bleeding heart liberals (aka: tree huggers) out of the way of drilling where we know, we have our own oil supplies. Such as Anwar and the golf of Mexico.
Here's an example of the dems standing in the way of progress.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/117458_oiled.html

See if you can find anything in there that says I'm a damn tree hugger, business shouldn't get tax breaks for providing a service to the American people, and maybe we should just hord our own oil.
Fuckin pisses me off!

Congress can't order a private company to build anything. Why would the oil companies want to build more refineries? Prior to the recent run-up in crude prices, refinery capacity had more effect on gas prices than the actual price of crude. The oil companies made more money by not adding refinery capacity.

may93
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I voted for Bush in the last two elections and I now take full responsibility for the cost of gas today. Its completely my own fault and I think of that everytime I get gas.

04 Venom
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I voted for Bush in the last two elections and I now take full responsibility for the cost of gas today. Its completely my own fault and I think of that everytime I get gas.

Bush doesn't deserve any more blame, at least on this issue, than the thousands of other elected representatives at the federal, state and local level for the last 35 years. It is always someone else's fault right?

may93
03-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Like I said I take full reponsibility. I voted for the idiots!!

Bush doesn't deserve any more blame, at least on this issue, than the thousands of other elected representatives at the federal, state and local level for the last 35 years. It is always someone else's fault right?

tmotorsports
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I'am so sick of hearing supply and demand.Thats bull$***.They are making billions every month and have yet to see stations run out of gas.

dedpedal
03-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I demand to have my supply!

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Keep the stang as your extra car and go buy a VW Jetta TDI.That's all well and good IF you can afford a TDI! These things are drawing a HUGE premium nowadays!

I've owned (3) VW diesels in the past and LOVED them! I sold one (2) years ago that was to rusted out to save. :mad:

Don't forget that the cost of Fuel is really only a part of owning a vehicle. Depreciation cost is the #1 expense.

DeckerEnt
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Like I said I take full reponsibility. I voted for the idiots!!

And you think Kerry or Gore would have brought gas prices down? You have to be smoking something, right?
Keith

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 06:22 PM
The biggest issue with the gas is the commodities traders in NY. They are the ones setting the price of gas.That's partly true.

The MAIN contributor to the High price of fossil fuels right now is the Value of the DOLLAR! Oil is traded in US DOLLLARS.

Since our Economy is in a Recession, this makes the US Dollar LESS valuable on the World market. This make the price of Oil higher.

The equation is this ---> US Economy slows down = Devalued US Dollar = Higher Oil Prices.

It's ALL RELATIVE.

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 06:24 PM

:DCorn is the biggest fallacy these is! All driven by Politics and GREED!

Why do you think the price of FOOD is skyrocketing right now ? :confused:

mach_u
03-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Why do you think the price of FOOD is skyrocketing right now ? :confused:
The cost to transport it? :dunno:

graysonracin
03-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Its not likely , but something has to give with the price sometime enough is enough! I agree with some of you guys about all these people that have their hands in the mix, helping keep the price up so their wallets get fatter, and they could care less about the average joe getting by. Hopefully someone in the goverment or somebody with some influence will grow a pair and try to do something about it, because it is already affecting everything else that we do or buy.

Katmandu
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
The cost to transport it? :dunno:That's one.

The lack of corn stock... since it's going to be made into Ethanol.

Katmandu
03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
The lack of corn stock... since it's going to be made into Ethanol.

READ THIS. -->> http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Costly_Wheat.html

Katmandu
03-15-2008, 02:26 AM
READ THIS. -->> http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Costly_Wheat.html

And This -->> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23632933/

boosted 98
03-15-2008, 11:38 AM
if it goes any further it is going to be like the mad max movie, we will all be living in some kind of compound stealing each others last five gallons of gas. lol

glassman
03-15-2008, 02:08 PM
The cost to transport it? :dunno:

At 4.10 a fkn gallon what isn't gonna cost more????

02mingryGT
03-17-2008, 07:25 AM
I'am so sick of hearing supply and demand.Thats bull$***.They are making billions every month and have yet to see stations run out of gas.

It's not Bullshit it's a fact. That's how they keep from running out of gas by raising the price so high that you will wait until the next day to fill your tank. It's also simple economics. If you have something a lot of people want then the price goes up. If you have something no one wants the price goes down. Check out Ebay for a real life example.

02mingryGT
03-17-2008, 07:25 AM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/ethanol.jpg

:D

Cost more energy to produce than it puts out. Corn is a loser.

04 Venom
03-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Cost more energy to produce than it puts out. Corn is a loser.

Exactly--plus it increases food prices to boot. This is nothing more than a politically popular move that makes it look like something is being done when, in reality, we have no near term solutions to the cost of energy short of a severe recession in the US, Europe, India and China that would sharply reduce demand.

tmotorsports
03-17-2008, 11:33 AM
And you think Kerry or Gore would have brought gas prices down? You have to be smoking something, right?
Keith

No I do not think they would have brought the prices down at all.
I do not think they would have ever been that Freakin HIGH!!!
Bush is an Oil man no matter what you think he is makin plenty of the price of oil so he don't care if price comes back down or not.