Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where to buy KB superchargers ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy KB superchargers ?

Gearhead
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Anybody know if you have to buy directly from Kennebell ?? Prices seem kind of steep on their website...

mustangrfast88
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
i know there is a place in new castle indiana that can get them but i cant think of there name and kb supercharges have always been salty

PonymanfiveO
03-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Buy a Whipple. ;)

02mingryGT
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Here's one I found:

http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/kennebellwhy.htm

Google is your friend. I would search Kenne Bell distributors or something along those lines. I would be willing to bet most of the prices will be the same. When companies have authorized dealers they usually set the price.

KenB
03-05-2008, 07:51 AM
If you are installing it yourself you have to buy it straight from Kenne Bell. They only sell through dealers if the dealer is doing the install. If you find a dealer to sell you one without installing it, be careful. Kenne Bell may not cover warranty. I prefer the Whipple although we are a KB dealer. I always make more with a Whipple pound for pound.

Ken

DeckerEnt
03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
KB made a blower for a 5.0 that was intigrated into the upper intake. Do they still make those and are they any better/worse than say a outboard type?
Keith

bobtsgt
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Anybody know if you have to buy directly from Kennebell ?? Prices seem kind of steep on their website...
somebody wants some powa :bigthumb might want to listen to Ken and Matt on this one.

Gearhead
03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
If you are installing it yourself you have to buy it straight from Kenne Bell. They only sell through dealers if the dealer is doing the install. If you find a dealer to sell you one without installing it, be careful. Kenne Bell may not cover warranty. I prefer the Whipple although we are a KB dealer. I always make more with a Whipple pound for pound.

Ken

Good info, Thanks Ken

KB made a blower for a 5.0 that was intigrated into the upper intake. Do they still make those and are they any better/worse than say a outboard type?
Keith

Keith, yes they still manufacture it and that's the one I'm thinking about...

kennebellcobra
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I bought mine from KB...just keep in mind you will need methanol to make any real power the pushrods ones, no intercoolers:HYF:

Here a pic of it.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/engineincar.jpg

02mingryGT
03-06-2008, 08:03 AM

Ken

Ken,

Is that peak power? I have always read the KB will give you a much broader band of power through out the RPM. I will probably be in the market for supercharger next year if everything goes right. Since this is a street car I need something that has power down low as well. Thanks for the info on the dealers.

beefcake
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
:popcorn:

jdubya
03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Whipple/KB basically what name do you like more. THe new Whipple which I have is suppose to be similar to the KB 2.6.

Rick93coupe
03-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Do they make those for 351's?

IWRBB
03-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Ken,

Is that peak power? I have always read the KB will give you a much broader band of power through out the RPM. I will probably be in the market for supercharger next year if everything goes right. Since this is a street car I need something that has power down low as well. Thanks for the info on the dealers.

Any postive displacement blower will give you full boost any time and at any RPM you mash the gas. KB or Whipple is pretty much a toss up. Pick which ever setup you like best.

02mingryGT
03-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Any postive displacement blower will give you full boost any time and at any RPM you mash the gas. KB or Whipple is pretty much a toss up. Pick which ever setup you like best.

Cool thanks. Do you have to change the hood for the Whipple? I heard you do on the KB 2.6.

IWRBB
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Cool thanks. Do you have to change the hood for the Whipple? I heard you do on the KB 2.6.

Dunno, I have a Cobra. I'm not sure about the GT's.

02mingryGT
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Went to Whipple's website. They don't make a 4.6 2V kit apparently. So guess it's KB for the win.

pegasus
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
wow the 5.0 is sweet