Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
NOS stickers at the track? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NOS stickers at the track?

quik lx
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Is this true? to run the spray I have to put a gay NOS sticker on the side of the car? I saw it on Edgewaters home page, but seriously...I gotta buy NOS stickers , put them on the car, and get revved on by every accord, civic, integra, and WRX all the way to and from the track.....Of course I could buy a bunch and put one on every time we go. They also say a you must have a MOUNTED fire extinguisher in the car with nitrous also...what gives

MFIELD
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive heard the fire extinguisher before. I put one in my car when I had nitrous.

WhiteT
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
You could always put the sticker on a magnet. That way you could tear it off after you leave the track. Just a thought.

Rick93coupe
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
thats a good idea, I was also thinking you could have one of those static vinyl's made for a window. I'd be willing to bet the sticker guys from the board could make them.

PaulFiveOh
03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I think it just has to be some sort of warning indicating that you have N20 in the car.

STRATS
03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
I read the same thing. Stopped and bought everything required but was never asked to show any of it.

Black Horse
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Since Nitrous Oxide is an "oxidizer", it is suposed to be identified for the safety of anyone involved with an emergency with your car, especially in case of fire. Thus the mounted/accessable fire extinguisher requirement.

If you need magnetic stickers, give me a shout.

YouGotJunk
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
All the times we've had my car at the track...they have never said anything about my nitrous. I've never had to put any kind of sticker or anything on my car...and have never had a fire extinguisher in there either. Probably depends on what track you go to....if they want to find something wrong with your car...they will. I've had my hood popped I think 3 times in the last 3 years...

Metcalf Racing
03-04-2008, 10:04 PM
All you have to do is, if they say something write N2o on your window with shoe polish. Kilkare gets me on it every now and then

YouGotJunk
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
All you have to do is, if they say something write N2o on your window with shoe polish. Kilkare gets me on it every now and then

Man..you never told me you had nitrous on that dang camarrrra

craigels
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
The last couple UMTR races at Edgewater in 07 it was requested that anyone running nitrous had to write "nitrous" or "N2O" on the car somewhere... usually by the number or dial in in window chalk/shoe polish.

We were told that it was an "insurance" issue. Apparently it has to be known that a car has nitrous, so in case of some kind of emergency they can take the right precautions/actions. I'm not sure if they changed it to an actual sticker this year or not.

Craig

Metcalf Racing
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Man..you never told me you had nitrous on that dang camarrrra
never said it was the camaro

Greg Seibert
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM

:DMetcalf, is that the same stuff you polish you dentures with?:D

YouGotJunk
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Damn...all kinds of jokesters around here!!

Maximus
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
We were told that it was an "insurance" issue. Apparently it has to be known that a car has nitrous, so in case of some kind of emergency they can take the right precautions/actions. I'm not sure if they changed it to an actual sticker this year or not.

Craig

Who EDGEWATER SAFETY CREW??.......
BWAAAHAHHAHAHAAA......breatheBWAHAHAHHAAAAAAHAHAHH A

EDIT.:mad:

Mista Bone
03-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Who EDGEWATER SAFETY CREW??.......
BWAAAHAHHAHAHAAA......breatheBWAHAHAHHAAAAAAHAHAHH A

EDIT.:mad:

Same can be said about the :HYF: track crew watching the top end......

STRATS
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Edgewater did ask me to leave the track when I ran a 12.99 in my vert with no cage.

92BlackStang
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Edgewater did ask me to leave the track when I ran a 12.99 in my vert with no cage.
they gave me a hard timmin runnin 13's without a helmet so id jam the breaks about the 1000ft

craigels
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM

they gave me a hard timmin runnin 13's without a helmet so id jam the breaks about the 1000ft

Those are not just track rules, but NHRA rules. If they are caught with rules like that being broken, they can lose their NHRA sanctioning. Plus its just common sense to have the right safety equipment.

Craig

cstreu1026
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised they don't require a helmet for all drivers. SCCA and NASA do for autocross events.

Kelly Pelrine
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I can see about having an extinguisher, safety is always good...... but the sticker thing ... i think thats a track thing. I just LOVE how some tracks use insurance for all of their BS little rules. Sorry but thats a crock.

My guys arent required to run any sticker stating what they have, and they are going quite a bit faster than the average street car. If tech doesnt pick up that you have an adder on your car, and if no one notices you purging at the line then they arent doing their jobs very well. Track workers should be trained to deal with the situations they may have to face. Seems like common sense to me.