Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ugh... looks like I'm going on a diet! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... looks like I'm going on a diet!

Waffles
03-03-2008, 01:58 AM
So, I don't hate Anderson Silva. I've read a bit about him outside the cage, seems like a decent guy - gives a lot to charities and that kinda thing. Seems to have good sportsmanship, doesn't talk a lot of hate smack... all that's good. But damnit, someone has got to stop him!

Henderson absolutely dominated Silva in the first round. It was everything I hoped it would be. The second round was a different story. I won't call that head kick luck, but that was definately the moment that turned the tides. Silva is a good fighter, and went after Henderson and kept the pressure on. With only 12 seconds left in the 2nd, Silva ended it with a choke. Things might have been different if... if lots of things. But it didn't.

The problem is, who's left? I guess I'm just going to have to drop to 185. :lol:

Paul408Notch
03-03-2008, 07:18 AM
After the first Rich Franklin fight I've been saying I don't think there's anyone in the 185 pound class that can beat Silva. He's just one of the best fighters I've ever seen, and he's not a prick about it either, unlike some people. *cough* BJ Penn *cough*

I love watching Silva fight, but I'm kind of wondering who will really step up to take him on. There can't be many left.

jk5.0
03-03-2008, 01:12 PM
If he would step down a class GSP would be a awesome fight.

satan jamez
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
If he would step down a class GSP would be a awesome fight.

I don't know if he's got that much weight to cut unless he sacrifices some muscle. Would be an awesome fight since GSP is fantastic.

Rick93coupe
03-04-2008, 09:48 PM
BJ Penn and GSP are probably my 2 favorite fighters. I love to watch those guys. Sucks that I missed this last fight!

Rustanggt98
03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
say what you will about him paul, but BJ Penn is a little bad ass :cool1: Probably my favorite fighter, him and Bisping, but unlike with Bisping, Penn usually leaves no doubt when the fight is stopped, whereas Bisping has had a few questionable victories as of late.

Waffles
03-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I hate Bisping. His "victory" against Hammill was more than questionable. That decision was bullshit. I don't think the judges were even watching the same fight I was.

So how about Coleman coming out to fight that big dumb animal Brock Lesner? Sure wasn't expecting that.

Paul408Notch
03-05-2008, 07:10 AM
say what you will about him paul, but BJ Penn is a little bad ass :cool1: Probably my favorite fighter, him and Bisping, but unlike with Bisping, Penn usually leaves no doubt when the fight is stopped, whereas Bisping has had a few questionable victories as of late.

I completely agree that Penn is an awesome fighter. I don't think there's much competition for him at all, but he's just a cocky sonovabitch. I like sportsmanship and respect after a win, not rubbing it into someone's face.

Black Hole
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Silva is a machine. I really like Franklin, but he doesn't stand a chance against him. Luckily for Rich, Silva is supposedly moving to 205. :D
I hate Bisping. His "victory" against Hammill was more than questionable. That decision was bullshit. I don't think the judges were even.I agree 100%....just cause they were in Britain. :rolleyes::mad:

I completely agree that Penn is an awesome fighter. I don't think there's much competition for him at all, but he's just a cocky sonovabitch. I like sportsmanship and respect after a win, not rubbing it into someone's face.
For the most part I agree, but then again I like Tito. :lol: :dunno:

replicobra
03-06-2008, 07:59 AM
i saw silva, franklin 2 in person and it was bad. i pulled for rich, but he had no chance. the first round he looked pretty good, but after that it was over. silva is one bad man. however, being there for the whole thing live, rocked.