Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Looking for a job [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job

SlowRS
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Alright, it is time for me to change jobs. I hold a Class A CDL and have been driving OTR for about a year and a half. I have a good driving record, and over 100k miles under my belt.

I need to be home everynight, or atleast almost every night. Pay needs to be atleast 38k a year. Also, I dont have HAZMAT, but I do have tanker and Doubles/triples.

I live in between Dayton and cincy, so that is the area I am looking.

So, what you got?

Jeff88coupe
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I work for Cleanharbors Environmental Services, Inc....they usually have Class A driver openings come up a few times a year. But you would have to have your hazmat endorsment. Not sure if they have any local class A driver spots open or not. But I could check for you if your interested.

cstreu1026
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing Jeff. I am not sure anything they have would come close to being home most nights. The closest opening I see posted would be with Site Services. I am not really sure what kind of schedule their drivers have. National trans has 3 opening but that definitley won't get him home much.

Hangingcogs
02-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I am a third party recruiter and hire for over 20 companies. Right now a lot of companies are not hiring in the midwest. The only openings I have open are home weekly with Averitt. They have a terminal in Cincinnati you could run out of, but, the truck has to stay at the terminal. They do have local jobs, but, may have to work a regional for a couple months. Also, you have to obtain your HazMat within 90 days. You can try R&L Carriers. I do not hire for them so I don't know what there needs are. I will keep you in mind if I get something local in.

'92Stang
02-29-2008, 04:13 PM
+1 on R &L carriers. My brother-in-law drives for them. He's home everynight. Never been gone overnight. Weekends off, unless he wants ot then he hauls empty pup trailers to Indy on saturdays. Don't know if there hiring. There phone # 1-800-543-5589. website www.GORLC.Com good luck, Mike

PaulFiveOh
02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Too bad your in Oxford, the company I work for, ComDoc, needs to hire a driver to run routes between Akron and Cincy

SlowRS
02-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Too bad your in Oxford, the company I work for, ComDoc, needs to hire a driver to run routes between Akron and Cincy

I dont mind driving to work.

PaulFiveOh
02-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, let me get some info for you. Jump on AIM and instant message me so we can chat a little bit. Pauls Homeland is my aim sn.

mustang8998
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
The company I drive for, may be hiring, in the next few weeks. Our traffic has picked up considerably, after the usual post holiday slowdown. It's usually april, before we pick back up. That is why they want to wait a little.

We only run local, so you will be home every night. Weekends are very rare.

I can't give you any idea of starting pay, but I'm sure it is inline, with any local type job that is as easy as this is.

No hazmat, shouldn't be a problem, but you'll find more openings if you have it.

Good Luck!

SlowRS
02-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I am going to get my hazmat, I just dont know where ti get my fingerprints done.

mustang8998
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I am going to get my hazmat, I just dont know where ti get my fingerprints done.

You'll have to go to a TSA website and register. They do the background check and it will tell you the locations, of fingerprint sites. You have to have the TSA papers, to get the prints done. I paid $98, to get the background check.

Then you get get to go take the hazmat test.

Mista Bone
03-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Castenlini (Produce) is running radios ads for drivers, 50-55 hours a week paid by the hour.

SlowRS
03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
yeah, I sent my resume into Castelinni's