Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Wrecked my 86-WTB:AC Condensor and Hood latch assy/cable [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my 86-WTB:AC Condensor and Hood latch assy/cable

ascCapri
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Had a run in with some ice this morning and ended up head on into some barrels (luckily no cars or people). The nose is toast, I cut off what was scraping the ground. Fenders tweaked but usable, hood curled and pushed into cowl, cowl vent busted, doors rubbing fenders.

I have most all this, except for the condensor that sits in front of the radiator. It is pushed in quite a bit, and the hood latch mechanism, possibly just the cable is shot. The cable itself is exposed and no longer has the rigidity required to pull the lever open. So, I would assume I need at least the cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my daily driver and only car I have with heat, so I will be fixing as much as I can tonight, let me know if you have anything that might help. Thanks

:(:(:(
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/Capri.jpg

:(:(:(

Jeff88coupe
02-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I think I still have the stock hood latch and cable off my '88 laying around my garage somewhere. It's yours if you want it.

ascCapri
03-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey there Jeff, I will definitely take it. I rigged it right now by clamping a new ferrul on the end. But, when I pull it I need someone up front guiding the wire.

I got a new nose on the car, and pull the fenders forward. THe hood hinge on the passenger side will not adjust for the twist it now has, so I will be replacing it. However, it is driveable again, just need a condensor and I should be good to go.

Jeff, check your PM's.

wildstang89
03-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey David I might have a condensor. Let me go out to the garage and look for you. Steve

mustang8998
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I might have a condensor too. I'd have to go over to the other house to look.

ascCapri
03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Guys, thanks a bunch. Let me know what you want for them, and I can meet you somewhere. I would assume, these are the same units as a 87-93. Anyone know for sure? I don't have an 87-93 to compare to, but I am pretty sure they match.

mustang8998
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I do have one. Check PMs.