Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Caught someone taking pics of my car...what to do? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Caught someone taking pics of my car...what to do?

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
My neighbor caught a guy and a girl driving through my parking lot...he said the girl was driving a full size Blazer and the guy got out and took pictures of my car. He said he said "hey i think he's home" pretty loud and she told him to get back in and they pealed out and took off in a hurry.

Now, if someone touches my car i'm gonna break every limb that comes in contact with it. I know there's no point in making a police report at this point but what should i do?

Black Horse
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
No much you can do unless they were on your property without your permission. Maybe he just likes the way your car looks and wanted a photo so he could work his over the same way.

Just the same, it would have been better to ask you first, that way everybody is on-board. Is there any reason he should have been taking photos?

Buckeye
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Get full coverage

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
No reason to take photos...it's not something that can be repossessed or anything like that. It's also covered in snow so i don't know how good of a picture he could've got.

As for full coverage, i have about $5k into my car and there's no chance in hell i could get enough coverage to get anything back on it. As far as the insurance companies are concerned it's just a 23 year old primered POS.

Buckeye
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
You need to get the rite kind of insurance then

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
You need to get the rite kind of insurance then

Such as?

Evil_Capri
02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I suppose you could call and ask if there is a certain patrol for your area and inform the officer that runs that route.

I think Buckeye is hinting at the "caliber" type of insurance.

Buckeye
02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Declaired value or a collector car should do the trick

347sc
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Catch the driver and PIIHB?

DeckerEnt
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Make sure it is locked up tight. Even go so far as to use the club on the steering wheel. Then give your number to all your neighbors and tell them to call you if they see this blazer again. Hope you don't have to "talk" to these two. No sense going to jail.
Keith

jad0087
02-25-2008, 09:36 PM
get some cameras and a big dog....solves problems pretty easily....

Bluecrew07
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
maybe the people are trying to act like gone in 60 seconds. Taking pics of certain cars. Lock it up tight. do you have an alarm on it? ask neighbor what time they came and see if they come back at the same time then go from there..

Rick93coupe
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Maybe you could hire Chuck Norris or Matt Johnson. From what I understand these goes don't sleep, they wait! =)

Really, I'm feeling for you. I'd be pissed thinking I had to worry about it. The good news is that your atleast more informed than most. Just keep an eye out and let everyone around you know that there are some thieves in the area. Personally, I'd get it alarmed as soon as possible.

R825OH
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Call Hagerty and get agreed value on it . We just looked into. it Its like 130 bux a year:bangwall::bangwall:

PaulFiveOh
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I would call and ask to speak to an officer.
Just for good measure, I would tell him what happened and ask for a few patrols each night.

Also, get the buckshot ready, if only to fire a warning shot.

Rustanggt98
02-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Catch the driver and PIIHB?

amen..:booty::pump:

Ryan218
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM
well first thing i would do is..... take the battery out of the car and put it away somewhere....THEN i would pull the cap of the dis and pull the rotor out..now the car will not start even if they put a battery in...

also you could also jack the car up and sit a few blocks under the rear end....just enough to pull the wheels off the ground so that if they did by chance figure out why the thing wouldn't start and by chance had what they needed to fix it...they will just be spinning there wheels...

but yes i would call and just ask to speak to an officer at your residence....tell them what your friend said to you and just ask "if" you should be worried ( he would normally just say to keep and eye out for odd ball cars and such ) and just ask for someone to drive though once or twice a night...

mustangboy
02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I believe it has to be 25 years old to get collector insurance but like was mentioned before check on the declared value insurance. It would be worth the phone call to ask and I bet probably cheaper than you would think.

zlou363lx
02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
wrap a chain around the rear axles and the nearest immovable object(ie tree or post), and put a lock on it. this might sound gay, but i know a guy that did this with his mustang when he was selling it. also, listen to the rest of the people that have given ideas. just my .02.

i hope nothing bad comes of this

I believe it has to be 25 years old to get collector insurance but like was mentioned before check on the declared value insurance. It would be worth the phone call to ask and I bet probably cheaper than you would think.

there is an insurance company in milford that the car only has to be 10 years old to be classified as a collector. it's called clonch insurance if you are interested in that.

347sc
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
amen..:booty::pump:

Im glad some one got that.

Mista Bone
02-26-2008, 03:36 AM
video surveillance, like a animal camera.

Worked nicely for a homeowner, police were surprised by the quality of the video.

bestracing
02-26-2008, 08:31 AM

Not quite, I have Hagerty insurance on my 86. I took pics of restoring the motor and getting the car painted and the finished product and the car is insured for $10K now.

IWRBB
02-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Get a garage, park the car in it.

Black Hole
02-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Get a garage, park the car in it.
+1. When I was looking for a house a couple of years ago, a large 2 car garage was a must.

Right now I have my Cobra (in the back turned sideways), my Jeep, and the wife's Equinox all in there....along with my tool chest, work benches, cabinets, freezer, yard tools, trash cans, lawnmower, wheelbarrow, etc.... :D

And I still have enough room for a bike (once the Cobra is paid off).

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Well yeah a garage would be nice. Nothing happened so i don't know wtf the deal was. I took the battery out just in case. I'm looking into getting alarms on all 3 cars just because i don't like how this all feels.

92BlackStang
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
ever think maybe the guy or who ever it was just takin pics for a school project.. never know, someone that is gonna mess with your stuff sure isnt gonna let you know about it or your neighbor

92BlackStang
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
some people stretch things maybe she was crazy driver

dedpedal
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Might be looking to sell it on ebay as a scam and needed pics to go with the fake ad.

67Terror
02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
video surveillance, like a animal camera.

Worked nicely for a homeowner, police were surprised by the quality of the video.

+1 http://www.surveillance-video.com/

bestracing
02-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Might be looking to sell it on ebay as a scam and needed pics to go with the fake ad.

That was my first thought

SolidCobra
02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
My neighbor caught a guy and a girl driving through my parking lot...he said the girl was driving a full size Blazer and the guy got out and took pictures of my car. He said he said "hey i think he's home" pretty loud and she told him to get back in and they pealed out and took off in a hurry.

Now, if someone touches my car i'm gonna break every limb that comes in contact with it. I know there's no point in making a police report at this point but what should i do?

Heres what i would do,
things you need
1.Lawn chair
2.Case of beer (any choice)
3.shotgun with shells
4.Take a few days off (if you can afford it)
And if they come back, your ready

plattner01
02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
it's the repo crew coming for you. or just going to get themselves some nice parts off your car. so i would watch it like a fat kid watching a ? (insert comment here)

tmotorsports
02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I would just lock it up and take coil wire off maybe just disconnect the battery cable.If they are gonna steal it they will not waste alot of time if it does not start right up.

When we were in St Louis at world ford challenge 7 in 2004 I had just got my wifes 93 GT done and some guys followed us to the hotel.When we started to ask them whats was up they took off.since we were staying way up on the hill away from everybody it seemed real strange even though it was world ford cahllenge so we followed them and they took off fast.Pretty sure they were casing the car to either steal it or burglerize it,since that happens alot out there at the hotels if your not careful.
I ended up parking in front of the office door,took coil wire off and desk attendent kept an eye on it for us.

Stangman
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
If ya dont have a buckshot, a paintball gun might warn em too! And paint their blazer yellow! LOL

Maybe leave a creepy note in the window like "i'm watching you" just a thought...

DeckerEnt
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM
They do make pepper spray paint balls.
Keith

Rustanggt98
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
They do make pepper spray paint balls.
Keith

This may get their attention a little more than pepper spray ;) Just calmly walk up to them with your flashlight and question their intent, and if things go sour, BAM, wassup fools :cool1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

SolidCobra
02-27-2008, 05:44 AM
If ya dont have a buckshot, a paintball gun might warn em too! And paint their blazer yellow! LOL

Maybe leave a creepy note in the window like "i'm watching you" just a thought...

Hale yea, build you a nice fortress. Load up with paintballs, and coolers. and hook up a tv to watch speed network till they roll around again.
And i just thought of something...driving around taking pictures...This aint nicholas cage and gone in 60 seconds.

Timido
02-27-2008, 05:49 AM
BADASS thats the ticket

92BlackStang
02-27-2008, 08:07 AM
put the car in 5th gear and remove the shifter, they cant get it far like that

facemelter71
02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Pepper balls are sold by Gary's guns.
Ive shot a few in regular games,they ahhhhh work pretty good.
take the coil wire with you and club the wheel.I caught someone takin pics of my first mustang.I grabbed the camera and broke it in about 40 peices right after i kicked a dent in his door.Never saw him again.

TurboNG
02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Call Ford and let them know they will be in jail by the end of the week, you know any photo of their cars is illegal now cause they own the rights to them. I'm sure ford will call the CIA or something......:rolleyes:

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
If i had caught him it would've been ugly, but it was my neighbor who saw him. I haven't heard anything else and the car is fine so who knows. I should be getting an alarm here soon for the Merkur and if i like it we're gonna put one on all 3 of my cars.

92BlackStang
02-27-2008, 01:46 PM
yeah that was ford takin pics duh, you have nothin toi worry about, and ya cant tell them not to be takin pics

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
I want a sticker to put in the quarter glass windows that says "I own several fire arms and i can see my car from my front door" :lol:

TurboNG
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Or "I'm not afraid to shoot at my own car to Kill You"

plattner01
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
This may get their attention a little more than pepper spray ;) Just calmly walk up to them with your flashlight and question their intent, and if things go sour, BAM, wassup fools :cool1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

ah sweet i gotta get one of those , just for walking the dog of course.

mustangboy
02-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Jawbreakers in a paint ball gun work REALLY good too. He he.