Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So When Is The Pinks Cars Going To Be For Sale [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So When Is The Pinks Cars Going To Be For Sale

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 03:57 PM
that is what you are doing with both cars correct. Both cars is going on EBay. Just curious might bid on the camaro. thanks

89notch
02-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Should be in the next few weeks

black90lx
02-23-2008, 05:23 PM
that is what you are doing with both cars correct. Both cars is going on EBay. Just curious might bid on the camaro. thanks

That camaro and yours has something in common! They both get their a$$ handed to them by MUSTANGS! So they would look good sitting in your garage next to each other collecting dust.

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
That camaro and yours has something in common! They both get their a$$ handed to them by MUSTANGS! So they would look good sitting in your garage next to each other collecting dust.

Yes! :bigthumb

boostforever
02-23-2008, 05:41 PM
lol yes yes.geez it never ends

Timido
02-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I would bet that Camero would run real good. Did you see that car launch on the last run!

Buckeye
02-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I would bet that Camero would run real good. Did you see that car launch on the last run!

Wasn't good enough!

myownr
02-23-2008, 05:49 PM
if the cars are to be auctioned off, what if prior to that we sold the camaro back to them but on the deal they come to cincinnati for a benefit where they would race their car again for a rematch. we could possibly have a benefit race set up at one of the tracks. it would draw a lot of local interest besides those on this board. race for the shirts off your back this time. alert the media of the fundraiser event and have even more publicity to possibly get more $ for the mustang, raise additional $ at the event, and heighten more awareness of sbz

myownr
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
we could make it a cruise in and possibly have other grudge matches between our dirty dozen

Timido
02-23-2008, 05:57 PM
That sounds good on paper but I would think that "He with the highest bid will get the car" I bet they would love anouther shot at our mustang. Problem with that is both cars are going to be sold. After making a couple of passes in our mustang I have to tell you that car Pulls like a frieght train. I wouldnt mind having that Engine and transmission in my car. Drop the trans brake one time and feel the boost pin you back. You realize this thing has some Balls.

Buckeye
02-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Hmmmm get to whip up on the chebby twice hmmmmm

myownr
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
i bet the initial thought of getting on pinks looked only good on paper as well, both cars would be sold as still. i'm just thinking with the original owner/driver that it draw more interest than if just one of us drove it. use what we have accomplished to gain more. i'm just thinking of a method to get our fundraiser and web board to the next level

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
if the cars are to be auctioned off, what if prior to that we sold the camaro back to them but on the deal they come to cincinnati for a benefit where they would race their car again for a rematch. we could possibly have a benefit race set up at one of the tracks. it would draw a lot of local interest besides those on this board. race for the shirts off your back this time. alert the media of the fundraiser event and have even more publicity to possibly get more $ for the mustang, raise additional $ at the event, and heighten more awareness of sbz

That to me sounds like a great idea.

We would need a responsible and connected person to captain the project though. It would take a great deal of logistics

93cobra
02-23-2008, 06:13 PM
just curious...was there ever a list made to keep track of who donated what parts & time to this whole project????

that way....when car is sold etc...& $$ goes to holly or whatever the arrangements are....she does understand that john doe gave a $50 part or joe smith gave $200 worth of parts etc....

not trying to make a big deal out of this thought...etc....just thought i'd mention because i know a lot of people donated decent parts that could of easily been sold for cash...etc...

Rick93coupe
02-23-2008, 06:22 PM
just curious...was there ever a list made to keep track of who donated what parts & time to this whole project????

that way....when car is sold etc...& $$ goes to holly or whatever the arrangements are....she does understand that john doe gave a $50 part or joe smith gave $200 worth of parts etc....

not trying to make a big deal out of this thought...etc....just thought i'd mention because i know a lot of people donated decent parts that could of easily been sold for cash...etc...

Personally, I think that sounds petty. People came together and gave what they could give, for a good cause. Thats really all that needs to be said.

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Personally, I think that sounds petty.

I agree with you. Holly is completely aware of all involved's donations whether they be time, money, or product. The other people that matter, are also aware.

PonymanfiveO
02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I also think it would be cool to get the Camaro guys to come out and have a kind of rematch.

It would be complicated to iron out the details, but Im sure a sat. or sun. meeting with some beers and we could get something figured out.

Something to the effect of...Contact the Camaro guys, offer the car back to them at a certain price, but they have to come out and race us again with it before they got to leave with it. We could all get together to put up some money for it.
Make a big event for it...kinda like powerfest or something. Have a cruise in, and a track day type thing. We could have Vinnys car ready for Holly to make a pass in it by then too!

Just crazy thoughts. It would be cool...

PonymanfiveO
02-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Timido is driving this time though! :lol:

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, I'm subscribing to this.....

myownr might have just had a great idea.

93cobra
02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Personally, I think that sounds petty. People came together and gave what they could give, for a good cause. Thats really all that needs to be said.

Well...not trying to sound petty at all....it was just a ligit thought.....

I agree that people came to together for a good cause & don't expect a brownie button for doing so. As said before....you are right it was done for Vinny and your right...that is all that needs to be said.:bigthumb

Rick93coupe
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
This is off the subject, but I think it deserves a little thought. A buddy of mine and Ibstrokin was talking a few weeks back about an idea. He said that it might be worth while setting up a raffle for the cars, or atleast the mustang. I for one can't afford to bid on the car with the projects I have going on, but I could afford to buy a raffle ticket. This is the reason for the idea. I'm sure there are hundreds of people in my same situation who aren't going to be able to bid, but these same people may be able to afford 1, 10, 20 raffle tickets depending on how much they would be. For instance I know I could put a hundred or so dollars towards raffle tickets and not hurt my plans or delay my projects, but obviously a bid of 100.00 does nothing. This takes me and my hundred dollars out of the equation completely. See where I'm coming from?

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Timido is driving this time though! :lol:
at least Timido has a clue about racing. He would know how to sandbag alittle. What did I go to fast in the 60'.

NO SHOT
02-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm glad to see stangbangerz win but Ive not even seen the race yet.

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see stangbangerz win but Ive not even seen the race yet.

thats the same thing i said glad they won, because it is for a good cause. Vinny was a cool dude that we used to argue with and would get him fired up about racing.

Timido
02-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Lets keep on track here. Making that car pick up or slow down is as difficult as building rpm against the Brake for the same amount of time. As far as me driving that car I think the right person drove that car %100 you have no idea what Matt went through because he wanted to win. I probably would not have run that car past the 3rd race.

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 07:20 PM
thats cool Timido. they deleted my post cause they couldnt handle the truth

Timido
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
A bunch of posts just got deleted because of all the personal attacks. Please keep this stuff out of here.

Ryan218
02-23-2008, 07:31 PM
ever thought about a silent auction? like have any of you guys watched the show where they restore / restomod a old muscle car then auction it off? On one of them that had a "silent auction" where they had one computer and a big group of people bidding. In like 4 different brackets. they went turn by turn till the last bracket ( 4th ) and who ever was highest bidder there got the car. I'm just thinking out loud. I think it would be a sure fire way to sell the stang and camaro for a great price. as the last bracket of bids is going to come down to how much you want the car.

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I think they should go on E-Bay that way people all over the world can bid.my 2cents

1badF'N Z
02-23-2008, 07:38 PM
take good pics of both cars and a short video of them running they should do good on there

dedpedal
02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I think they should go on E-Bay that way people all over the world can bid.my 2cents

So far, thats the best (and the original plan) so far.

YouGotJunk
02-23-2008, 07:52 PM
So the big question is going to be, is what do all of you think the mustang is even worth?? My only thing is..when you put it on there and it brings about 6500 (which is a very good possibility) ...are you going to let it go for that. I've seen alot of nice mustangs sell for quite a bit of money...but when it comes to gutted out race cars..they usually dont sell for much at all. I've seen several low 9's/ high 8's second cars go for 7 or 8 thousand. I'm not saying that the owner let them go...but the ones I seen were a no reserve/when the auction ends..it was highest bidder won type a deal.

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I say you sell the Camaro, keep the Mustang and stud him out. :) hahahhahaha

YouGotJunk
02-23-2008, 08:12 PM
So sell the camaro.....Keep the mustang...and stud out...Matt Johnson??

ibstrokin
02-23-2008, 08:48 PM
There are a couple of problems I see with this thread. I know most people are genuinely concerned or interested in what the cars will bring. But there are so many people on here who will have an opinion on value, or how to sell it, I see this turning out bad.

It's Holly's business, and whatever she decides should be respected.

Also, I think all of us would like to see both car's at the track( twisted twins also), but the problem is that if one breaks, where does the money come from to fix it?

Ultimately, The car was built to help Vinny's family. That's been accomplished, they're job is done.

Rick93coupe
02-23-2008, 08:49 PM
So far, thats the best (and the original plan) so far.

being the "best" idea is debatable. If its an auction, is there going to be a reserve? Just like Junk said, it may not bring nearly the money one would like to see it bring. Thats why raffling it makes a lot of sense. You can open a raffle to anyone, not just the site. At over 2800 members, and 10.00 a raffle, you can see quickly how fast the money for the car would add up. Since you couldn't count on everyone participating, at even half the members your still looking at 1400 people and $14000.00, if they only bought 1 ticket.
Anyway, this is all I'm going to say about it.:bangwall:

Rick93coupe
02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
It's Holly's business, and whatever she decides should be respected.

Agreed, I only mentioned it because its common practice, and she may not have thought of it herself. I know neither one of us did.

mustang8998
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Rick, I think you have a good idea. But, I think there are some legal problems with raffles. Holly, working for a law firm, could easily check on the laws and take it from there.

myownr
02-23-2008, 11:33 PM
if the camaro guys aren't interested then we could still pull it off as another benefit and a good reason to get together again. first i think we need to be sure it is ok with holly and kelly, anyone else i'm leaving out?

dedpedal
02-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I feel that any final decision should be left to Holly and Kenneth (cut on how they did his name on Insight) Shotwell.

93cobra
02-24-2008, 01:38 AM
ebay is the answer to getting top dollar out of the mustang. i would wait a couple months & let speed re-run that episode a hundred times like they do all the races. You will not have to worry about only bringing 6500....I would list it for $15K min bid no reserve....talk it up with the tv show win etc.....maybe buy it now for $20K- $25K which baits the $15K & you never know that certain somebody out there with deep pockets may spring for the buy it now or may bid up a little

i know nothing as far as particulars go with actual parts on that car....so maybe im way off.... but thats my gut feeling of what kind of money its worth.....

raffle...could work but would have to be handled properly......

93cobra
02-24-2008, 01:49 AM
I've seen several low 9's/ high 8's second cars go for 7 or 8 thousand.

turn key "nice"....low 9 / high 8 sec cars....no

junk basket case chevy monkey bracket low 9 / high 8 sec cars....still no....

show me an example of these cars you've seen...:D

dedpedal
02-24-2008, 01:52 AM
As funny as this thread has gotten, its still up to Holly amd Kelly

cobrajoe
02-24-2008, 02:48 AM
As funny as this thread has gotten, its still up to Holly amd Kelly

Agree, BUT don't throw the raffle thing out the door just yet. How many of years have they raffled of that house for that one school (St. Rita?) and that was at 100 a pop on a expensive house, Now you can't tell me that we can't raffle a 20 to 30 thou car off due to lack of interest. I mean they pull that raffle off year in and year out, so the cars should be cake. I work at the Enquirer I'm sure I could get somebody to write a article. You figure how much money you need to make minus the cost of getting them printed up, or get it donated, set the ticket number at that pull it when it's all sold. JMO

mustang8998
02-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Agree, BUT don't throw the raffle thing out the door just yet. How many of years have they raffled of that house for that one school (St. Rita?) and that was at 100 a pop on a expensive house, Now you can't tell me that we can't raffle a 20 to 30 thou car off due to lack of interest. I mean they pull that raffle off year in and year out, so the cars should be cake. I work at the Enquirer I'm sure I could get somebody to write a article. You figure how much money you need to make minus the cost of getting them printed up, or get it donated, set the ticket number at that pull it when it's all sold. JMO

Again, I'm with you, on this idea. BUT, I think there is a legal aspect, that may not allow it. For instance, your example. St.Rita, is a non-profit organization. For them, it is legal. SBZ, doesn't fall into that catagory, so it possibly may not be a legal option.

It is up to Holly and Kelly. Holly can take this info and find out the legallity, if she thinks this is a good option. But my bet is, it will not be legal.

cobrajoe
02-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Your probably right about the legal aspect of it, damn shame I've known Holly a LONG time, That would be awesome though I would take a couple. Of course someone would say the drawing was rigged probably.:mad:

Tired, going to bed have a good one all!

92BlackStang
02-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I agree with 1badfnz , Why gamble with the mustang and the camaro and race them, whos gonna fix them if they break?? Id say sell them on ebay or craigslist etc.. Turbo stangs do pull alot of money but gutted out ones dont pull as much as one with full interior etc... Im not real sure about the camaro

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-24-2008, 09:54 AM
You should raffle the mustang off. Sell tickets for a couple months, wait for it to get nice and ask Tristate to let you sell tickets there, have a couple cruise in's the money will be there.. You will get way more money for it than off eBAY. Just do a search on Ebay for that type of car /setup and you will see they do not bring as much as you might think, the show behind it or not. PLUS I think everyone is missing the bigger picture. It is a Stangbangerz car and it deserves to stay in the area!!

NXcoupe
02-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Raffles are only legal for non profit organizations. It is a form of gambling. If there was a way to form a non profit organization that would then donate the proceeds to Holly and Vinny's daughter, then that may work. I don't know the particulars of how the IRS would view that. The simplest solution is to put them on Ebay, which is what was discussed from the onset.
The camaro guys may bid on their car when it goes up for auction, I talk to Ernie on a regular basis and spoke with him on Wednesday this past week. He is already starting on another project. He is still interested in bringing a car down to an event and racing with us. It would be fun and very good to see them again.

glassman
02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Since it(or they) are Kelly's car(s) on paper then it may not be such a problem of profit since the funds will be donated to Holly and Amanda.
I do agree on the non profit org. thing Holly would have to check with her work on this.
I think that you could set something up towards Amanda's college fund or something and it would be fine.

Kelly you have a pm.

347sc
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Holly may need the money sooner then later.The cars served their purpose and Kelly and Holly have the final say. What ever they do with them is all right with me.

89notch
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm going to talk it over with Holly today but chances are they go to Ebay with a reserve price if they dont meet the reserve we will look into something like this.

MrsAPE
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Kelly has spoken. Let it be.

NXcoupe
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Agreed

ibstrokin
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Agreed

Holly
02-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm going to talk it over with Holly today but chances are they go to Ebay with a reserve price if they dont meet the reserve we will look into something like this.

Kelly and I talked about this today. We are going to let it sit (and hopefully air a few more times) until mid-March. I am going to look into our options and we'll figure out what will be the best route to go.

We'll let you know what we decide! Thanks for all your suggestions!