Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
5.0 ho heating problems [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 ho heating problems

t_bag69
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
i have a 88 gt 5.0 ho did some work on it last year plained the heads and ported and polished the heads upper and lower stock set up it never ran when i bought it now it runs and its fast but i have heating problems she gets real hot! but i think the water pump has hader but the question is about the upper intake gets real hot and there was a lot of carbon in the ports when i ported it is there a problem? also i took the injectors out of a 95? cop car with a 5.4 over head cam there yellow any idea what psi they are?

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Check your timing.
Let me go dig, there was another thread like this about 6 months ago.

facemelter71
02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I dont remember the cop cars havin 5.4L??Maybe a expedition Cop car??
And those injectors are the EV6 style and i dont believe those will work.If it gets hot like your sayin it is,its probly a radiator,water pump t-stat kinda thing.And you said it didnt run before so that right there would cause cooling issues.
What color is the coolant,when you ported the heads did you hit a water jacket?Is your clutch fan still good?Is it cracked?What gauge are you useing,the stock one that says NORMAL,those are garbage.Best thing i can tell you is to put an autometer mechanical gauge on it so you KNOW how hot its getting.Have you done a complete coolant flush?

t_bag69
02-22-2008, 01:54 AM
im from canada so the cop cars might be differnent its a stock guage. did not hit a water jacket was verry carefull the shroud is broken and the plastic fan has been shaved down a bit. the inj fit and work but the car has a idle problem the inj came out of the junk yard so could be a million on them should probally get new ones do you know what size i should go with? and the water pump was leaken b4 so ill get a new one and new guage. thanks a lot with the help im so glad i joined this site cool beans thanks

ibstrokin
02-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Punctuation will make your posts much easier to read, which may get you more replies.

facemelter71
02-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Yea those injectors are the wrong style.
They are the EV6 style for the modular motors.
And shaving the fan and having the shroud cut is also affecting airflow across the radiator.
You can replace the injectors with the factory 19Lb,your setup doesnt warrent the use of anything larger than that.You could probly use a smidge more fuel psi.Best thing to do id put an electric fan on it with a thermo switch.Good luck.

t_bag69
02-22-2008, 11:53 AM
thanks ill take them out and get some new ones, and also check out an electric fan. thanks for the help guys. it is greatly appreciated

NXcoupe
02-23-2008, 04:06 PM
On the older fox's the radiator is usually one of the first problems with overheating. If it is the original one, I would look inside the filler neck and see if there is a lot of calcium and crap deposits hanging out of the tube holes. If there is, that could be a problem. I would check the timing first.