Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So who got stuck in the grips of the white death???? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So who got stuck in the grips of the white death????

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I went to the car show at Duke Energy Center, free tickets. I got there about 3 PM. Since my route starts at 7 PM in Park Hills, easy to jump across the river and get started, nice plan right?

Nope, work called about 3:30 PM telling me my route is cancelled tonight. Great, thanks assholes! I goto leave about 4:30 PM after getting some business offers and I assume everyone got out early, AT THE SAME TIME!

So knowing the interstates would be screwed, I head out on the side streets. 5PM I hit State street, took it to Balitmore, then across Western Northern Blvd, Harrsion......then came up East Miami River Road to Fairfield. Hit up Rat Shack and the libary, drive thru for frosty beverages and home by 6:10.

Seems the Westsiders have a little brains when driving, smooth and steady, plenty of distance between cars, no one got irate. While on Harrison Ave. I could see the traffic at a standstill on I-74 as I was doing 35-40 mph.

Hope everyone else gets home SAFE.

05yellowgt
02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
It started here in Dayton at about 5:00 or 5:30. Looking out the window downtown and it looks nice and slick. Makes me happy knowing I finally am not driving the Mustang in weather like this.

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 07:18 PM
It started here in Dayton at about 5:00 or 5:30. Looking out the window downtown and it looks nice and slick. Makes me happy knowing I finally am not driving the Mustang in weather like this.

Where abouts do you work in dayton?

I live in Cincy but my office is off of Webster Street downtown.

bobtsgt
02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
well the boss told me to go home at 3 and not to come in tomorrow unless I felt that the streets are "safe enough" to drive on. Looks like I'm sleeping in.

MrsAPE
02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
^ nice!

Black Hole
02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I left at 4 trying to get to my doctor to pickup a script before 5.......I got 3/4's of the way there and decided to call to see how late someone would be there and at 4:30 everyone was gone. :mad:

I was clear across town and had to back-track.....I got home about 5:15. Gotta love 4WD. :D

Jaylynn
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah....great time today sitting on I-74....you're right, everyone left downtown at early at the same time. Most of the time was spent sitting in traffic. I left at 4:40, arrived home at 6:40....sigh... i've turned into a snow sissie living in cincinnati for almost 20 years... Once i finally got to harrison, i had to drive 10 miles or so up and down hills on country roads that hadn't been touched... traction control came on every hill... i had to pass a camaro backing down one hill (sucked worse to be him)

i will be working at home tomorrow almost for sure - anyone can call me a :chicken: if they want :D

05yellowgt
02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Where abouts do you work in dayton?

I live in Cincy but my office is off of Webster Street downtown.
I work in the National City Building on the corner of 2nd and Wilkinson. Home of Iformata Communications and its subsidiary company Siscom Internet Services, whom is providing the collocation and Bandwidth for Stangbangerz.

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
yeah....great time today sitting on I-74....you're right, everyone left downtown at early at the same time. Most of the time was spent sitting in traffic. I left at 4:40, arrived home at 6:40....sigh... i've turned into a snow sissie living in cincinnati for almost 20 years... Once i finally got to harrison, i had to drive 10 miles or so up and down hills on country roads that hadn't been touched... traction control came on every hill... i had to pass a camaro backing down one hill (sucked worse to be him)

i will be working at home tomorrow almost for sure - anyone can call me a :chicken: if they want :D

Should have taken the back way :)

Queen City was fairly clear. I almost attempted Springdale Hill, but they had salted it good already.

REDHOTGTGIRL
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Yep, I did. I left work in Tri-County at 4:00 and just got home about 7:30. Good times. 4 wheel drive would have done me no good since traffic was bumper to bumper most of the way. My little front wheel drive Aveo did pretty good though, so that was cool. That was a long time to sit in traffic!!! Hope everyone gets home safe.

cstreu1026
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I ran out to Dayton Performance to meet Auto Alchemist and it was just starting to snow when I left. That was at about 4:30. The snow picked up all the way out there and the streets were starting to get covered when I got there. When I left a little after 6 I did a nice 300-400Ft 4 wheel drift in the wife's Grand Cherokee. :D That was fun.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
I just went out and picked up some pizza....i got about 1/4 mile down the road and had to stop in the middle of the road and scrape my window again...

347sc
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I tried to go to Target to get some new ear buds but ended up doing some donuts instead.:lol:

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I tried to go to Target to get some new ear buds but ended up doing some donuts instead.:lol:

lololololololol

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I work out of my house so...... :evilgrin:

NANNER NANNER NANNER

MsBlkramair
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Ugh! My dumbass had to stay after school today and work with a friend for our speech tomorrow. Left the Finneytown area on Ron Reagan at 5pm. Stopped twice to clean off wipers, and had to stop to pee. Took me 3 hours to get home (usually 25 minute drive). So happy to be home........even if its to listen to a whiny toddler!

99Slobra
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Lebanon didn't start plowing till 6ish and I almost didn't make it home. My Drag radials are totally bald all the way across. Took me 15 mintues to make it up a slight hill by my place..

Tom I'm getting new tires assuming I can get to the shop...lol

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Ugh! My dumbass had to stay after school today

Um.
That's not your son is it?

92StangMan
02-21-2008, 08:46 PM
It took me 3 hours to drive 35 miles due to the glorious traffic.

jaystang44
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
I went side ways on harrison a littel up from mejers......Not fun this is the first winter I have had to drive the stang. I barely got up harrison its not a big hill but damn it felt like it took for ever..thats bc I had to go 2 mph all the way up it lol but I made it home so all and all Im good

Ryan218
02-21-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah i was at work...left around 8...took me over an hour to get home...normally takes me 10 mins at most to get home, its very slick, i had no weight in the trunk and a 1/4 tank of gas...i hate winter...next year the stang will be in storage and im buying a beater.

SWEET GT
02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Took me 3 hours to drive from Florence to Finneytown. Thank God for my FWD Kio Rio :)

I remember in years past always seeing poor Mustangs causing traffic backups from getting stuck in these snow storms. :)

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I remember in years past always being the poor Mustang causing traffic backups from getting stuck in these snow storms. :)

fixed for you :)

REDHOTGTGIRL
02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I work out of my house so...... :evilgrin:

NANNER NANNER NANNER

Stop rubbing it in! I wish I could work from home, you are lucky.

I wonder how the roads will be in the morning, guess we shall find out.

auto alchemist
02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
i got stuck in my thunderbird...... but not because of the snow :mad:

i got ran off the road into a concrete curb bye a guy in a truck talking on his cell phone changing lanes without looking beside him, i kept honking and trying to slow down, i had to get over so he wouldnt hit me and i macked the curb and blew out both tires on the driver side and had to wait 3 hours for my freinds dad to tow it to his shop, im going down there in the morning, i REALLY hope my tires are the only things damaged :(

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
should have hit him!

auto alchemist
02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
should have hit him!

the problem is there was an 18 wheeler coming up from behind kinda fast, i dont think he would have been able to stop, thats why i couldnt hit my brakes too fast

im prety sure speeding 18 wheeler vs. thunderbird = smashed thunderbird

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
meh, just like playing bumper cars!

98stangv6
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Got off at 6:30, took me an hour and a half to get home, sliding all the way! Plus now my car is nothing but a huge salt block. But I did get to watch some rich spoiled cocky kid from my work think he could still drive 70 on the highway because he has awd, needless to say about half an hour later I passed his car because it was sitting in a ditch!:lol:

facemelter71
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Left work at 6 in the coupe.No weight in it but my fat ass and a half a tank.Made it home in an hour,grabbed the brown turd(84 F250 4x4) and went for some joy riding passing everyone up.If you have big tracks in your yard in the morning.My bad.:lol::bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
02-22-2008, 12:36 AM
meh, just like playing bumper cars!

Rode the bumper cars at Kings Island once...must have been '94 or '95...mid ninety's sometime. not in the snow....it was actually a pretty hot day....think I had one of those blue ice cream cones. :)

I love the blue ice cream at Kings Island.

Mista Bone
02-22-2008, 02:49 AM
smurf cones were the shit!

jaystang44
02-22-2008, 09:24 AM
DIP AND DOT ARE BETTER!!!!!!

nkystanger
02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I love the blue ice cream at Kings Island.

I get one every time im there!

MsBlkramair
02-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Um.
That's not your son is it?

No. I am a student.......I had to stay late yesterday.

67Terror
02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
well i had to be at florence's civil service exam at 630. so the plan was to leave Nati State by 4, sure 2 and a half hours should be plenty of time. well some jacka** decided that they would close school at 4pm so everybody would leave at the same time. i left class around 345 and didnt make it out of the parking garage til 5:03pm. then i crawl down central parkway and get on the frozen river that was 75S. it took me till 5:58 to get to the river. so i'm thinkin i'm screwed, i'm late and theres no way in hell im gonna get the job. as soon as i crossed the river it was like God was on my side. all the traffic was in the right 2 lanes going up the cut in the hill, even though the other lanes where no worse. so i was in the fast lane going up the cut, mind you the fast lane was moving no more than 25mph. anyway i made it to the exam at 6:28pm got checked in and kicked that exams ass!

MsBlkramair
02-22-2008, 02:56 PM
well i had to be at florence's civil service exam at 630. so the plan was to leave Nati State by 4, sure 2 and a half hours should be plenty of time. well some jacka** decided that they would close school at 4pm so everybody would leave at the same time. i left class around 345 and didnt make it out of the parking garage til 5:03pm. then i crawl down central parkway and get on the frozen river that was 75S. it took me till 5:58 to get to the river. so i'm thinkin i'm screwed, i'm late and theres no way in hell im gonna get the job. as soon as i crossed the river it was like God was on my side. all the traffic was in the right 2 lanes going up the cut in the hill, even though the other lanes where no worse. so i was in the fast lane going up the cut, mind you the fast lane was moving no more than 25mph. anyway i made it to the exam at 6:28pm got checked in and kicked that exams ass!

Oh my gosh! That happened to me last March at Cincy State. They closed school at 2pm, it took me 2 hours to get out of the f'n parking garage, and then another 3 hours to drive home. I thought last night was bad, but last years snow storm was way worse! I feel for ya man......been threw that myself!

67Terror
02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh my gosh! That happened to me last March at Cincy State. They closed school at 2pm, it took me 2 hours to get out of the f'n parking garage, and then another 3 hours to drive home. I thought last night was bad, but last years snow storm was way worse! I feel for ya man......been threw that myself!

yep i was in the garage last year too. i should of learned my lesson and parked on the ground floor.

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 05:10 PM
No. I am a student.......I had to stay late yesterday.

Hahaha Just making sure haha.

untamed
02-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I was on my way to work on Thursday about 7:45. I took back roads to avoid Beechmont. I was on shayler heading towards the three way stop at Glen Este Withamsville and seen a black 99-04 GT vert sitting with the nose of the car down in the ditch and the back end sticking out in the road. I hated seeing that. There is no way I would attempt to drive mine in the snow but maybe that guy was not lucky enough to have a beater car. What a bummer though.

Holly
02-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I haven't been out of the house since yesterday morning after I had breakfast with Kyle and Kevin. I went to the doc, got my prescriptions, and came home and went to bed, didn't get up today until 10:30 this morning (22 hours of sleep with a few bathroom breaks and medicine breaks). Glad I missed it all and did not have to drive in it. Doctor gave me a note to be off until Monday. :tongue2: I still feel like crap, but I have to go out tomorrow mid-morning, hopefully the roads will be in good shape.

Mista Bone
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
everyone, STAY HOME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Skating rink out there, just got home. Drive smart and slow and some idiot will still hit you.

Exploder missed me and the other two lanes of traffic, but did a cool barrel roll, hope everyon is OK, just smack the dumbass driver for doing 70 on 275 @ 6:15.

Another girl, maybe twenty? was driving in slick conditions while talking on her cell phone.

Worst of all, I'd made it to Beechmont, roads over there were fine. I was told to stop my route and head home. HELLO, I live in Fairfield. So you want me to bypass Milford, Blue Ash, Fields Ertel on my way home? Screw that I'm picking them up and I will be paid for tonight.

I also told them to put me down for 60 miles yesterday even though we didn't run. I was 2 miles from my starting point when I was called off @ 4 PM, just as everyone was going home.

I now have 25 vet samples just sitting here "chillin".......because the driver from Cbus had to turn around.

/end rant.

PS, I'm glad Pinks was on Weds, so everyone was able to get to MD and back home safely.