Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone in here a vet or know about cat health? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in here a vet or know about cat health?

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
My cat, who is probably a year and a half old, is having problems. For the past 2-3 days, he has been puking non stop. I thought he may have just eaten something bad, but I took his food away this morning, and he didn't puke, but as soon as I got home, he puked right in front of me on the floor again.

There is nothing there though, its just bile. I kept him in the small laundry room last night and all day today where he couldn't get into anything and I came down this morning, and there were 3 new puke piles of nothing but liquid.

I checked his litter box, and he didn't poop at all today.

I also know his mom, and she died of an intestinal issue that the vet said was hereditary, and she was gone within 36 hours of when my grandma noticed that she was sick(I got my cat from my grandma's cat a couple months before her cat/my cats mom, passed). She was nearly 3 years old though, and my grandma noticed that her nose was warm. My cats nose is not warm at all, and is more on the cold side, probably because the house temp is about 68.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight. I hate to sound heartless, but I just don't have that much money to spend on him right now. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the vet in downtown mason, off of reading road. This sucks :(

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Man i would take him to a vet if you like having him around...my mom's cat was doing the same thing and it ended up being liver and kidney damage from Chinese catfood. He ended up dying from it even after spending a week at the vet's office.

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Man i would take him to a vet if you like having him around...my mom's cat was doing the same thing and it ended up being liver and kidney damage from Chinese catfood. He ended up dying from it even after spending a week at the vet's office.

I'm taking him tomorrow morning. I just hope he doesn't end up like his mom....

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey bro.
Shitty I know.....

but is it worth a few hundred bucks to have the little guy saved?

It very well might be, I don't know you well enough to know if you have that kind of extra cash.
I feel for you though, I love animals to death, I just love not being in debt more.

dedpedal
02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I feel for you guy. The hardest decision is how much money will you spend to keep him alive. Ive been there a couple times. Best of luck .

fst 5pto
02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
James if he gets any worse tonight I would consider Gradys or one of the 24 hour care centers. Call me if you need anything....

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Seven Hills Pet Clinics, if I remember correctly, will take the cat for free with out euthinizing it.

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 07:17 PM
WTF man, I'm not lookin' to give him up....

I'll keep everyone updated on what happens tomorrow at the vet. Thanks guys.

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
WTF man, I'm not lookin' to give him up....

Sometimes putting your self first enables to you help alot more people later.

All I'm saying is were about the same age, almost, and if I knew I was had a choice of giving up a loved house pet to a trained medical professionals who could take of him at no cost to me....knowing that he would be ok....that's what I would do. No need for the WTF....if thats not where your at then good for you, your more dedicated to your cat than I ever could be.

But now that I re-read that- if it was my dog.....I would probably sell a vehicle or something drastic to save her...so I guess its like the same thing.

Jaylynn
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
For anyone with pets living close to Grady's(finneytown\nch area), i HIGHLY recommend them. We lived up the street and went there because they were close. Wow were we lucky - they are terriffic! Now we live 40minutes away & still go there. They are open 24 hours a day -

Mista Bone
02-21-2008, 07:43 PM
no pickup at Grady's tonight, IDEXX routes for Ohio were canceled.

Also CARE @ 6995 Kemper Road (where Conrey ends) is open 24/7.

fst 5pto
02-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Seven Hills Pet Clinics, if I remember correctly, will take the cat for free with out euthinizing it.

Buddy I think you need to start thinking before you post.... a little outta control.

And Gradys is awesome. I actually worked at Companion Care Animal Hospital in fairfield for the longest time.... Dr. Karen Collins is the owner and wife of Dr. Grady who owns Gradys. She uses her maiden name for business purposes.

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Buddy I think you need to start thinking before you post.... a little outta control.

What in the hell are you talking about. How does quoting that back up or reinforce that statement.
Would you rather they take the cat and fucking murder it? I think you need to go to vocabulary class before you comment about what I have to say.
What are you talking about??!!:confused::confused::confused:

Also- On a non-hostile side note....are you related to Jonathan Robertson?

fst 5pto
02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
What am I going to vocabulary class for? That sentence makes perfect sense. And I quoted that because you don't tell someone to give their cat away when they made an appointment to take it to a vet to get checked out... he was looking for someone who maybe has had a similar scenario....

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Why do you think it is such an obscene idea to give an animal up because it will cost more money than you can comfortably afford?

Are you related to Jonathan Robertson.

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
What in the hell are you talking about. How does quoting that back up or reinforce that statement.
Would you rather they take the cat and fucking murder it? I think you need to go to vocabulary class before you comment about what I have to say.
What are you talking about??!!:confused::confused::confused:

Also- On a non-hostile side note....are you related to Jonathan Robertson?

Please stop posting....:mad:

PaulFiveOh
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow. We all must be like 10.

I'm 19....I know that If I can not afford something, I don't get it, or I make appropriate means to take care of a situation. You know it too. It's completely reasonable to give the cat to a doctor. That way, you dont spend money you don't have and the cat that you love dearly gets treatment. If you disagree, instead of saying "Stop Posting", tell me why you think that it is unreasonable to do that.

Do you also think adoption is in this same sort "cant talk about realm?"

Jeff88coupe
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not a vet, but you might want to give the Care Center a call. They are very nice and usually helpful. I've talked to them many times overs the years, and been there a time or 2. Tell them what's going on and that the cat has a vet appointment in the morning, then ask what you should do until then. Taking food away may be ok, but you probably don't want to take his water away. Puking has probably made him dehydrated. If his root problem is a kidney related, dehydration can make it worse. They may also suggest something else to feed him in the mean time.

Jenn (yeah I know, I'm logged in as Jeff)

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not a vet, but you might want to give the Care Center a call. They are very nice and usually helpful. I've talked to them many times overs the years, and been there a time or 2. Tell them what's going on and that the cat has a vet appointment in the morning, then ask what you should do until then. Taking food away may be ok, but you probably don't want to take his water away. Puking has probably made him dehydrated. If his root problem is a kidney related, dehydration can make it worse. They may also suggest something else to feed him in the mean time.

Jenn (yeah I know, I'm logged in as Jeff)

What is the number? I did not take away his water, he has had it this whole time.

Jeff88coupe
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Care Center: 513-530-0911

6995 East Kemper Road
Blue Ash

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Care Center: 513-530-0911

6995 East Kemper Road
Blue Ash

THANK YOU

Edit: There's nothing they can tell me over the phone unless I bring the cat in...

Ryan218
02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
what kind of food have you been feeding him? there was a re call on one of the food companies....the food was killing the cats...check into it!

Jeff88coupe
02-21-2008, 09:16 PM
You can also try calling these:

Emergency Vet Clinic ( Red Bank Rd. ) 513-561-0069

Greater Cincy Vet ER ( Wilder, KY ) 859-572-0560

They might be willing to give you a little help.

5.0calypso93lx
02-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Good news, the vet checked him out and he is fine. He thinks he just ate something bad. His temperature was 101.6, and while the doctor was checking his belly with the stethescope, he just plopped down right on it and laid there :lol:

He gave him a shot to settle his stomach and also some antibiotics. I have to give him 1 cc of this orange stuff, which I already did the 1st cc of. Then tonight I have to give him another, and the vet gave me this canned cat food that is supposed to be easy on the digestive system. I'm supposed to feed him that for a couple days, then ween him back on his regular food.

Thanks for all the help guys, glad its nothing serious.

5.0calypso93lx
02-22-2008, 11:02 AM
what kind of food have you been feeding him? there was a re call on one of the food companies....the food was killing the cats...check into it!

I've fed him Iams since day one. I won't feed him anything else, plus I get it for free. There was a "recall" on it, but it turned out to be nothing.

Rick93coupe
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
glad to hear it, I miss my old cat.

Ryan218
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I've fed him Iams since day one. I won't feed him anything else, plus I get it for free. There was a "recall" on it, but it turned out to be nothing.

thats what we feed all 5 of our cats.

Mista Bone
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Jen/Jeff, your vet still open?

I haven't had a pickup there since 11/15/07.

Dunno if it was an account issues or she changed medical testing companys.

Kevin Doe
02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I hate cats, does that count? I can take care of him if you want ;)

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear the runt is doing ok.

5.0calypso93lx
02-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I hate cats, does that count? I can take care of him if you want ;)

STFU

He's puked all over the damn house again...

Jeff88coupe
02-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Jen/Jeff, your vet still open?

I haven't had a pickup there since 11/15/07.

Dunno if it was an account issues or she changed medical testing companys.

Yep...They are still open. We just had Alister there for bloodwork about 2 weeks ago. I guess they changed labs:dunno:

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
STFU

Kevin,
Some of us are a little more attached to our cats than others.

You & I seem to share the same level of cattachment......:yup:

5.0calypso93lx
02-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Kevin,
Some of us are a little more attached to our cats than others.

You & I seem to share the same level of cattachment......:yup:

Not only are you the laughing stock of this forum, but you come up with faggy words that you think are funny. So when can we expect this heap of shit of yours to be boosted?

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Not only are you the laughing stock of this forum, but you come up with faggy words that you think are funny.

I'm not the one who freaks out and says STFU when someone asks me a question that might require me to sit down and think for 30 seconds. On the contrary, I actually enjoy and encourage thought provoking discussion.

Nobody is laughing but you.

It will probably never be boosted....but just in case, how much do you want to run for in 2 months?

P.S - You can not use the word "Faggy" when attempting to insult someone for using made up words.

5.0calypso93lx
02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm not the one who freaks out and says STFU when someone asks me a question that might require me to sit down and think for 30 seconds. On the contrary, I actually enjoy and encourage thought provoking discussion.

Nobody is laughing but you.

It will probably never be boosted....but just in case, how much do you want to run for in 2 months?

P.S - You can not use the word "Faggy" when attempting to insult someone for using made up words.

Freak out? I calmly told Kevin to STFU. Don't see where you are coming from there. Secondly, I quoted Kevin, not you, but it would be wonderful if you did the same, as I'm sure 99% of the people on the website would agree with, with your mindless post whoring of nothing even reading.

I didn't laugh.

As much as you bench race that car, it sure seems like it should be done and ready to go soon. But, it would almost worth me pushing the car without an engine in the car, because I'm sure you'll end up breaking something else if you try and race it.

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 05:34 PM
As much as you bench race that car, it sure seems like it should be done and ready to go soon.

Calm and SHUT THE FUCK UP do no coincide. Thats like calmly screaming at someone to stop hurting you.

But to the point -

Provide me with more than 1 link where I "bench race" my car. Excluding any link in the thread relating to BigWoofersNet. Before you post...use your head. I think you are bench racing my car in your head because you see my posts every now and then where I post up my recent big purchases. But since I bench race my car all the time, there should be links EVERYWHERE since I do it ALL THE TIME.

And if the majority of my posts are unintelligible to you, open a dictionary or ask me to clarify OR don't spend any time thinking about them.
Also want to point out that unlike you, I don't call people names like "Fag" or "Whore".....I can just quote or reference your posts to make a point.
I don't really know why all the sudden your so hostile towards me, its not like I didnt give you a great deal on your 360....or wait....lets clarify,
The only thing i have done "wrong" to you is suggested that you could give your cat up if you can not afford to take care of it. But yea, i can completely see how that is insulting and rude and out right derogatory....yea my bad...

Your like 24 or something arnt you? Start acting like when you post about/to me.

Kevin Doe
02-22-2008, 06:15 PM
STFU

He's puked all over the damn house again...

I'm telling you. Bring him by my house, and he'll never puke again, I guarentee it. Money back style.

08 Vette
02-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Boys: PLAY NICE!

Good luck with your cat, I feel your pain, I have a $500+ cat. Vet bills are baddddddddd.

PaulFiveOh
02-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Boys: PLAY NICE!

Only cause you asked! :bigthumb

08 Vette
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Only cause you asked! :bigthumb

Thank You!:bigthumb