Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
More Street Racing Fatalities... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : More Street Racing Fatalities...

Sharad
02-16-2008, 08:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330892,00.html

ACCOKEEK, Md. — Police in Maryland say seven people have been killed by a car that apparently plowed into a crowd gathered to watch a drag race.

One officer says the carnage on Route 210 in Accokeek early Saturday is "probably one of the worst scenes I've seen."

Police say four more victims have been taken to hospitals. Their condition isn't known.

Police say the car apparently went out of control around 3:40 a.m. and hit people standing on the roadside and several other vehicles. One of them was a tractor-trailer.

Accokeek is about 20 miles from Washington and 55 miles from Baltimore.

IWRBB
02-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Police say the car apparently went out of control around 3:40 a.m. and hit people standing on the roadside and several other vehicles. One of them was a tractor-trailer.

Damn, racing a tractor trailer huh?

Blacksunshine
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Stupid poeple..

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 12:09 PM
How many people have to die before someone realizes that street racing is F*%#ing stupid!

Gene
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
How many people have to die before someone realizes that street racing is F*%#ing stupid!

Yes, because you NEVER street race. :rolleyes:

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Correct i do not. Last time was almost 2years ago. when i race one of mikes friends

Sharad
02-16-2008, 03:36 PM
now they're saying the race was on the highway, the cars did big burnouts before they "staged", the cars took off, the crowd poured onto the highway to watch the race, and a person coming up the highway behind them drove into the tire smoke temporarily seeing no one and plowing a bunch of people. 8 dead so far...

PaulFiveOh
02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
now they're saying the race was on the highway, the cars did big burnouts before they "staged", the cars took off, the crowd poured onto the highway to watch the race, and a person coming up the highway behind them drove into the tire smoke temporarily seeing no one and plowing a bunch of people. 8 dead so far...

I hope no one feels bad.

The high way is for cars. Not for people to stand and watch illegal shit happening.

I just wish Cincinnati had such a big street racing movement so I could be a true hypocrite.

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM

WTF! what is this Fast and the Furious. who the hell would just stand in the middle of a highway?!?!?!

PaulFiveOh
02-16-2008, 03:57 PM
71N of fields ertle gets pretty empty come 230am...don't ask me how I know.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
What's more stupid than the actual racing part is the retards who stand along side the road to watch. Anyone who's EVER seen drag racing should know that cars get loose and run off the track all the damn time, why the hell would you stand there??

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 06:57 PM
http://thumbs.vidiac.com/comment/1e2dc171-53ee-40ee-b384-b43c9bd352fd.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1e2dc171-53ee-40ee-b384-b43c9bd352fd.htm)

Maybe this will help all you street racers.... click picture

BUHBYY
02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Indian Head Md is where my wife is from she put a call in to some of her friends after I showed this to her :( We went up there in July and I went out with some people she knew once on that exact stretch ..... I have to admit it was fun my wife grew up with the girl in the story that lost her dad damn this sucks !!!!!

347sc
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
It is a shame for something like that to happen.

I wont say I havent raced on the street or act like the people that do are evil. But, you do realize that the same thing can happen when you go to pass the asshole doing 40 in a 65. If you have ever broke the speed limit or done anything else against the traffic laws then you have no room to talk about streetracing. Im not condoning it in anyway just wondering why people need to jump on thier soapboxes.

beefcake
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
people are nuts

untamed
02-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Josh, That video is horrible. Unfortunately that is the choices that they made and their family's will live with it forever. How sad!

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Josh, That video is horrible. Unfortunately that is the choices that they made and their family's will live with it forever. How sad!
Yea its soposed to have an impact...its been on my myspace forever

mustang8998
02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
It is a shame for something like that to happen.

I wont say I havent raced on the street or act like the people that do are evil. But, you do realize that the same thing can happen when you go to pass the asshole doing 40 in a 65. If you have ever broke the speed limit or done anything else against the traffic laws then you have no room to talk about streetracing. Im not condoning it in anyway just wondering why people need to jump on thier soapboxes.

Thats an apples to oranges arguement. There is a HUGE difference, in going 5 or 10 MPH over the speed limit, than runninig a car WOT. People take risks everyday, just driving normal. But, throw in some asshats racing and things can go south, in a hurry.

The people killed in MD, were killed by people that were not involved in the race. They simply stepped out into traffic, that was coming along, following the race. That wouldn't happen, at a race track.

[ soapbox/ ]

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Thats an apples to oranges arguement. There is a HUGE difference, in going 5 or 10 MPH over the speed limit, than runninig a car WOT. People take risks everyday, just driving normal. But, throw in some asshats racing and things can go south, in a hurry.

The people killed in MD, were killed by people that were not involved in the race. They simply stepped out into traffic, that was coming along, following the race. That wouldn't happen, at a race track.

[ soapbox/ ]
Exactly! one day people will learn. Just dont see why people have to die for others to realize that. I used to street race all the time. Then i got smart and ended that. Racing is ment for the track. Street racing your pretty much going straight anyways. Why not do it legally and safe??

347sc
02-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Exactly?Since you stopped street racing have you ever broke the speed limit? Accelerated fast from a redlight to change lanes so you wouldnt have to get behind someone? Those can be looked at as street racing.

Not really apples to oranges.In this case they did it on a busy highway from a stop.
What about drunk drivers? Wonder how dd incidents compare to street racing incidents. Both are fucking stupid but people still do the dumb shit.

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Driving fast and street racing are to completely different things. I dont know one person who goes the speed limit. most people go a couple over.

347sc
02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Ive seen a few slow street races those were Hondas.

Im off my soap box now. Carry on.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I think there is a drastic difference between 2 cars running through a couple gears for fun and 2 cars lining up on a stretch of road with 100s of people lined along the sides of the road. Both may be illegal but the differences are obvious. Drag strips have safety walls for a reason...you don't get that benefit when you choose to race on the street with people along the sides of the road.

tmotorsports
02-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I do not like street racing and do not do it.
It will never die.But the more tracks that close down,and the more that get blocked from being built means alot more street racing.
I would like to start a bigger national foundation to help keep our tracks and get new ones built to slow the street racing back down.

Bluecrew07
02-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I do not like street racing and do not do it.
It will never die.But the more tracks that close down,and the more that get blocked from being built means alot more street racing.
I would like to start a bigger national foundation to help keep our tracks and get new ones built to slow the street racing back down.
Sounds like a good idea to me

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Street racing has been here since the car got here and won't go away until the car does even if there's race tracks 1 mile apart coving the entire country.

Not that i would support it, but it can be done a lot safer than people are doing it. Like i keep saying, if these idiots weren't standing on the side of the street then they wouldn't have been killed. It's very unfortunate but the fact is they didn't use any common sense. The drivers should also think twice before racing around people lining the streets. The few times i've raced off the track have been when there's nobody else around to injure and nobody in the car with me so if i lose control I pay the price and nobody else.

PaulFiveOh
02-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Just to put some perspective on this situation-

The "real" street races that do happen here in Cincinnati are all most pre-organized and do not involve any stationary folks, just the racing cars, some camera crew, and a few rolling spectators. I would say that in conjunction with our LAME ass street scene here & our fairly smart street scene "captains" that we run a fairly safe operation.

I guess my whole 19 year old"ness" is showing, but I love love love a good ole' organized ,filmed street race.

tmotorsports
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Yes street racing will never GO AWAY.But the more tracks that get closed,The more street racing accidents and deaths there will be.Whats gonna end up happening is a bigger crack down by the law and when your caught bigger penalties.Like instead of loosing license,loosing cars and being incarcerated.The cars racing today are alot more powerful than back in the day and harder to hold onto a unprepped street.

99Slobra
02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
If you stand past the flagger you are dumb. If you walk into a highway to watch the race you are dumb.

However I found the circumstances of the car that hit everybody just to be a little off:

White crown Vic
No headlights
No mention of drivers condition or interview or release of name
Heavy focus on how street racing killed everybody and not the tragic accident

hmmmm

PaulFiveOh
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
White crown Vic
No headlights

hmmmm

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/US/02/16/drag.race.deaths.ap/art.crash.ap.jpg

Is that a crown vic? I can't tell.
If it is, you make a REALLY good point.

Bluecrew07
02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Yea thats the crown Vic.....

winner70ta
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
If you stand past the flagger you are dumb. If you walk into a highway to watch the race you are dumb.

However I found the circumstances of the car that hit everybody just to be a little off:

White crown Vic
No headlights

hmmmm

Yeah, not condoning the racing or anything but I think that there is journalistic crap going down here and by tagging the story as "street race" related is just an attention getter. From the TV reports that I have seen, the "race" cars had already done there thing and the Crown Vic, according to one by-stander, was there, no lights on. Not real good as the girl speaking describes the car out of control sliding like in "Tokyo Drift". The event is tragic irregardless but the ever watchful eye of the media had definitely put more of a spin on it. Not quite the situation as in Alabama a month or so ago when the two stangs wrecked while racing.

08 Vette
02-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes street racing will never GO AWAY.But the more tracks that get closed,The more street racing accidents and deaths there will be.Whats gonna end up happening is a bigger crack down by the law and when your caught bigger penalties.Like instead of loosing license,loosing cars and being incarcerated.The cars racing today are alot more powerful than back in the day and harder to hold onto a unprepped street.

All that is already going on in Cali. My brothers friend had his car taken and he was watching the race, Not racing. That's how tough it's become out there. They crush the cars they take.

Demonracer
02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Sucks people can't drive and ruin perfectly good Mustangs.

And to stay on topic their focusing on the race not the ass who killed everybody.

WHYTRY
02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
sounds like some under cover cops tryed to find the cars and didnt think to look out for the people in the road. ive been in and been to many street races with a crowd on the road and their is no way you couldnt tell what was going on. let alone see the people. come on. and for the people who are bashing street racing get a life. go smoke another cancer stick and drink some beer. we all do something to impair our well being or another. i no im not going to live my life in fear. ive about died to many times im gonna do what makes me happy. life is to short to live how every one wants you to.