Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone have a police scanner? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a police scanner?

DeckerEnt
02-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I stepped out my back door just now and heard gunfire. Not close but not too far either. I am in Fort Mitchell and I never hear gunfire here. I heard a 10 to 15 round burst, a few second pause, then 3 or 4, then 4 or 5. Sounded like it came from Lakeside park ,crescent springs area.
Keith

Maximus
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry, I had to vent at my neighbor:mad: Didnt mean to starle ya:lol:

DeckerEnt
02-16-2008, 12:35 AM
LOL..
Keith

PaulFiveOh
02-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Scanners now a days are very complex, very expensive equipment.. It was only a few years ago that you could go to your local radioshack and drop $200 on a scanner.
Now these digital & trunking scanners cost like $500!

Any ways, you should have fired back!

DeckerEnt
02-16-2008, 12:47 AM
When I walked out my door and heard the shots, I moved closer to my truck where my .45 is. If I heard more and it was getting closer to my house, I would have been ready.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
02-16-2008, 12:54 AM
When I walked out my door and heard the shots, I moved closer to my truck where my .45 is. If I heard more and it was getting closer to my house, I would have been ready.
Keith

Random question -

I've seen alot of videos regarding a fully automatic Glock brand pistol model 18.

How does on go about acquiring such a little toy like that?

99Slobra
02-16-2008, 02:11 AM
The 18 is a selective fire weapon and is pretty rare. Some are in private hands.

Class 3 and even then some from what I've read.

Ryan218
02-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Scanners now a days are very complex, very expensive equipment.. It was only a few years ago that you could go to your local radioshack and drop $200 on a scanner.

mines like a year old...keeps me out of trouble :D

Black92LX
02-16-2008, 02:39 AM

Doesn't have to be.
The scanner frequencies are part of open records. You can contact your locals whether you want EMS, Fire, Police, Public Works anyone that has a channel and request the public frequency.
Program the frequency and scan away.

By the way I have a Police Scanner but I don't think I will pick up what you are looking for.

Random question -

I've seen alot of videos regarding a fully automatic Glock brand pistol model 18.

How does on go about acquiring such a little toy like that?
First you have to find one that is transferable. You will look long and hard and might find one.
If you find one then you need to get a signature from the local police chief, sheriff, county attorney (quite a list).
Or you could start a corporation (actually very simple to do)
I would have to guess here because I have never seen a transferable 18 for sale but my guess is in the ball park of $20,000.
Then apply for your $200 tax stamp. Then wait for the ATF to do all the paper work and the little beauty is yours.

Read thru sections M & N in the link it goes into the grave details which are of utmost importance when dealing with NFA weapons.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm

DeckerEnt
02-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I think the glock pistol was made after 1986 which means there are no transferrable full auto pistols out there. The only ones out there are made by a class 2 manufacturers and can only be sold to class 3 dealers, law enforcement, or the military. I could be wrong on this but the ban in may of 86 ment that no more full autos could be imported or manufactured for the general public after that date.
Keith

Black92LX
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I think the glock pistol was made after 1986 which means there are no transferrable full auto pistols out there. The only ones out there are made by a class 2 manufacturers and can only be sold to class 3 dealers, law enforcement, or the military. I could be wrong on this but the ban in may of 86 ment that no more full autos could be imported or manufactured for the general public after that date.
Keith

I believe there were a few that were imported before 1986. I could be wrong. It being the original version it wasn't too much like the Glock 18s found today.

If I was going to spend the money on Full Auto the last thing I would buyis a Glock 18.
I'd take a Tec 9 over a Glock.

Greg Seibert
02-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Doesn't have to be.
The scanner frequencies are part of open records. You can contact your locals whether you want EMS, Fire, Police, Public Works anyone that has a channel and request the public frequency.
Program the frequency and scan away.

By the way I have a Police Scanner but I don't think I will pick up what you are looking for.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm

Monitoring Police and Public Service frequencies is another one of my hobbies for over thirty years.
Besides two-way radio transmissions, the PDs have MDTs, cell phones and pagers to keep communications somewhat private to the general listener, as Black92 would agree.
The link below, is a little in depth, but a great place to get started, if one is serious about this informative past time.

http://www.siscom.net/%7emmeece/monix.html

Keith, I hear weapons on full rock'n roll out this way quite often.:coo1: